New 1.6 sneak peek item (spoilers)

nicodeux

Farmer
Posting the image from OP for those that don't have or no longer have access to twitter:
1701980189664.png

that screams 5 rows imo which I think spells potential inventory expansion, I’m trying not to jump through too many hoops though.
I get your point, though I'm unsure that having a 5x12 (or even 6x12) storage chest implies that more inventory expansions are in 1.6. In the previous update, we got two 3x3 storage items (Junimo chest and Mini-shipping bin) and they had no impact on inventory nor any other existing storage item.

After checking the forum, it seems that two more hints about update 1.6 from ConcernedApe were not shared, so here we go:
1701980526916.png

It looks that some items that couldn't be processed previously, now can be. At least Horseradish can now be kegged. And being a big fan of foraging, I'm glad with this change!

And...
1701980670482.png

Giant Qi Crops! The Giant Crop family is expanding! That will add more creativity options for those who like to decorate their farm with giant crops. The real question is: will Giant Qi crops disappear once the quest is over? We know that in 1.6 we will no longer be able to exploit Pierre's to keep Qi beans/fruits after the quest is done, so I expect the same logic to applies to Giant Qi Crops, but who knows...

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Posting the image from OP for those that don't have or no longer have access to twitter:
View attachment 18121

I get your point, though I'm unsure that having a 5x12 (or even 6x12) storage chest implies that more inventory expansions are in 1.6. In the previous update, we got two 3x3 storage items (Junimo chest and Mini-shipping bin) and they had no impact on inventory nor any other existing storage item.

After checking the forum, it seems that two more hints about update 1.6 from ConcernedApe were not shared, so here we go:
View attachment 18122
It looks that some items that couldn't be processed previously, now can be. At least Horseradish can now be kegged. And being a big fan of foraging, I'm glad with this change!

And...
View attachment 18123

Giant Qi Crops! The Giant Crop family is expanding! That will add more creativity options for those who like to decorate their farm with giant crops. The real question is: will Giant Qi crops disappear once the quest is over? We know that in 1.6 we will no longer be able to exploit Pierre's to keep Qi beans/fruits after the quest is done, so I expect the same logic to applies to Giant Qi Crops, but who knows...
Well in those previous additions both changes were implemented as limitations which make no sense to coincide with a larger backpack. Now we have a (probably later in the game) expansion to chests.

ArtifactSpot

I have loved every sneak peek item so far, but that giant QI crop is so creepy. Personally I’m so over this Qi guy lol. He is so creepy and is taking over end game world completely. Who the heck is he supposed to be/represent anyways? Oh and Perfectionism is overrated and he is still condescending even when you reach it after endless years of grinding and mind numbing requirements, goals and achievements. Some people like him (ok to each their own) he just gives me the heebie jeebies for some reason. He looks like a purple glittery creature from a sci fi flick. lol. Is anyone else over Mr Qi?

nicodeux

Farmer
Well in those previous additions both changes were implemented as limitations which make no sense to coincide with a larger backpack. Now we have a (probably later in the game) expansion to chests.
I agree with you. Large chests could, or could not, hint for larger backpack.

However, I think the farmer's backpack is good as it is. The 3x12 capacity forces the player to make choices, like preparing and freeing space before venturing into places like the volcano or skull caverns, or choosing which item to discard when inventory is full.

In my opinion, these choices make the game more interesting than having a nearly infinite storage.

He looks like a purple glittery creature from a sci fi flick. lol. Is anyone else over Mr Qi?
I must admit that Mr. Qi is not really my favourite character from Stardew Valley. His weird appearance, the mystery around him, the fact that he seems to be able to modify some parts of the world without leaving his room... All those make Mr. Qi stand out of the usual Stardew Valley characters... Well... Slightly bit more than Dwarves, Shadow People, Goblins, Meremaids or even Juminos... And aliens... And pets that will now wear hats...

Whatever...

Though I would like a bit more diversity in end game quests as most of them are related to Mr. Qi, I'm fine with him being a central character in end game. After all, why not? He was already there in skull caverns when they were holding most of end game content.

My only concern is about Qi fruits. It's enough disturbing to have bright blue fruits that display a face wearing sun glasses, now that we could grow GIANT version of them... 🤪

DragonGwen

Farmer
I have loved every sneak peek item so far, but that giant QI crop is so creepy. Personally I’m so over this Qi guy lol. He is so creepy and is taking over end game world completely. Who the heck is he supposed to be/represent anyways? Oh and Perfectionism is overrated and he is still condescending even when you reach it after endless years of grinding and mind numbing requirements, goals and achievements. Some people like him (ok to each their own) he just gives me the heebie jeebies for some reason. He looks like a purple glittery creature from a sci fi flick. lol. Is anyone else over Mr Qi?
Now that I realize it, I dislike him. He is the MOST ANNOYING, SELF ABSORBED, PIGGISH, AND STUCK UP MAN, of all stinking time *drops mic* Thank you!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I agree with you. Large chests could, or could not, hint for larger backpack.

However, I think the farmer's backpack is good as it is. The 3x12 capacity forces the player to make choices, like preparing and freeing space before venturing into places like the volcano or skull caverns, or choosing which item to discard when inventory is full.

In my opinion, these choices make the game more interesting than having a nearly infinite storage.

I must admit that Mr. Qi is not really my favourite character from Stardew Valley. His weird appearance, the mystery around him, the fact that he seems to be able to modify some parts of the world without leaving his room... All those make Mr. Qi stand out of the usual Stardew Valley characters... Well... Slightly bit more than Dwarves, Shadow People, Goblins, Meremaids or even Juminos... And aliens... And pets that will now wear hats...

Whatever...

Though I would like a bit more diversity in end game quests as most of them are related to Mr. Qi, I'm fine with him being a central character in end game. After all, why not? He was already there in skull caverns when they were holding most of end game content.

My only concern is about Qi fruits. It's enough disturbing to have bright blue fruits that display a face wearing sun glasses, now that we could grow GIANT version of them... 🤪
Honestly fair, I also like the invo management aspect of this game as to me stardew is a game about choices and your inventory is one choice that’s always with you. I would love some junimo chest appreciation though

ArtifactSpot

Honestly fair, I also like the invo management aspect of this game as to me stardew is a game about choices and your inventory is one choice that’s always with you. I would love some junimo chest appreciation though
I agree FG. The back pack upgrades are plenty for the majority of players who end their games shortly after completing CC or Joja. The Junimo chests act as upgrades for those of us who play into GI and beyond. Maybe Junimo chests could have similar 2 part more expensive upgrades for us more advanced game players. At the very least a maybe golden 24 slot chest for reaching perfection or something. ☺

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I agree FG. The back pack upgrades are plenty for the majority of players who end their games shortly after completing CC or Joja. The Junimo chests act as upgrades for those of us who play into GI and beyond. Maybe Junimo chests could have similar 2 part more expensive upgrades for us more advanced game players. At the very least a maybe golden 24 slot chest for reaching perfection or something. ☺
Oooh, a golden chest....

I totally agree, I think the early game should be a little more limited and later in the game there should be a far larger amount of options to choose from and mess around with, ideally able to be toggled too, sometimes I'd like to have a small inventory for example.

nicodeux

Farmer
In my opinion, the small size of Junimo chests and mini-shipping bins is to balance the advantage they bring other their regular counterpart. Junimo chests instantly teleports 9 items to a number of set places in the world. Mini-shipping bin allows to ship items from indoor. Though, I'm not sure that having Lewis entering my home every night while I'm sleeping to collect items is a real advantage…

I agree with you that golden chests or other extra items of the same type once perfection is reached would be a nice thing for players that pursue their own goals, once those set by the game are completed.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
In my opinion, the small size of Junimo chests and mini-shipping bins is to balance the advantage they bring other their regular counterpart. Junimo chests instantly teleports 9 items to a number of set places in the world. Mini-shipping bin allows to ship items from indoor. Though, I'm not sure that having Lewis entering my home every night while I'm sleeping to collect items is a real advantage…

I agree with you that golden chests or other extra items of the same type once perfection is reached would be a nice thing for players that pursue their own goals, once those set by the game are completed.
Yeah it definitely makes sense that they are meant as balancing but for that to be effective they actually have to be balanced. Without being able to pick it up the price of 15 gems each is quite steep considering then of course only having 9 slots.

I’m just hoping for any minor change to the junimo chest, ideally the ability to be picked up or a lower subsequent cost for them once buying your initial ones. As it is right now I don’t see the junimo chest being used nearly as much as other things bought in the walnut room even though it seems to be one of the most useful.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Yes yes 100% this!

I've posted many times my opinions about this Wizard of Blahs, hat size 2 pinhead, captive currency paywall, elitist middleman who likely pays other people mere copper to find all sorts of unusual trinkets for him to slap on a huge capitalist markup to sell to a desperate Farmer who just wants a simple, everyday teleporting Horse.

A completely normal, everyday item. All your friends got one last year and now you need one, too. I mean your horse already teleports to it's Stable every night no matter where you leave it, so like it's totally already upgraded by Robin before you even get it! Mr. Businessbucks just adds the little tiny stat boost where it now teleports to you while simultaneously confusing Abigail why local field mice no longer flock to her alone.

But you know, I can deal with this giant Qi face because it looks insanely easy to 100% completely avoid in-game.

Don't do the Qi Froot quest. Ever. Never do it.

People ask about SDV strategies and this is the foundational one governing your entire playthrough. Never ever ever do the Qi Froot quest and that even before this giant melony monstrosity even became an option. That such an affront against nature even exists and was teased in that preview is ConcernedApe not very subtly telling all players that you do not never want to do this task as long as you live in Pelican Town. You now know to avoid it as even I was previously suckered in to attempting the QFrqqt quest. Never again.

However Mr. Uglygiantfroot does explain how these were made in the 1980s:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Yes yes 100% this!

I've posted many times my opinions about this Wizard of Blahs, hat size 2 pinhead, captive currency paywall, elitist middleman who likely pays other people mere copper to find all sorts of unusual trinkets for him to slap on a huge capitalist markup to sell to a desperate Farmer who just wants a simple, everyday teleporting Horse.

A completely normal, everyday item. All your friends got one last year and now you need one, too. I mean your horse already teleports to it's Stable every night no matter where you leave it, so like it's totally already upgraded by Robin before you even get it! Mr. Businessbucks just adds the little tiny stat boost where it now teleports to you while simultaneously confusing Abigail why local field mice no longer flock to her alone.

But you know, I can deal with this giant Qi face because it looks insanely easy to 100% completely avoid in-game.

Don't do the Qi Froot quest. Ever. Never do it.

People ask about SDV strategies and this is the foundational one governing your entire playthrough. Never ever ever do the Qi Froot quest and that even before this giant melony monstrosity even became an option. That such an affront against nature even exists and was teased in that preview is ConcernedApe not very subtly telling all players that you do not never want to do this task as long as you live in Pelican Town. You now know to avoid it as even I was previously suckered in to attempting the QFrqqt quest. Never again.

However Mr. Uglygiantfroot does explain how these were made in the 1980s:
So I take it you don't like qi Frewt?

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
Is there more stuff being added to the 1.6 update?

Because i want alot of stuff to be in the update

It will be very nice

ArtifactSpot

It will be very nice
Well at first CA said not much except for modders, but it seems like he’s been adding quite a few extras for non-modders too. He did say it won’t be as much content as 1.5 was. He’s also trying to work on a second non Stardew Valley game called the Haunted Chocolate Factory or something like that. No release date for either yet. I’m thinking SV 1.6 will be out first since it’s an update versus a whole new game. He works on these games almost entirely on his own, I think now even entirely on his own, so he’s pretty awesome to have that kind of devotion and talent towards fun, inexpensive games that can be enjoyed countless times over for his fans.

Old Man Tab

Sodbuster
Look,i got alot of respect for CA,but i wish the mod of ridgeside village could be in the update.

That would be very nice

nicodeux

Farmer

It will be very nice
As said by @ArtifactSpot update 1.6 was initially intended to be only focused on modding. But in facts, CA also added new content along with bug fixes, he explained this in a recent tweet:
ConcernedApe said:
many things, including that so many people are still playing it, and many new poeple every day, I want it to be the best it can be, It will never be perfect but I feel an urge to keep improving it. Up to this point its been my life's work and I care a lot about it
These additional changes are the reason the update takes so long to be released. CA even had to stall Haunted Chocolatier development for a time to focus on Stardew Valley update 1.6.

You can find here a temporary changes log, that does not include most of the content changes (which are kept secret except for the few ones CA hinted about).

I'm truly amazed by ConcernedApe's dedication to Stardew Valley and his fans.