Need help on using the slingshot on iOS mobile

Alawren

Farmhand
I play Stardew Valley on my iPad and have never used the slingshot. I am now trying to get the golden walnut up in the tree by the volcano and I’m having no luck. I have changed my controls to all the different options but have no success in aiming the slingshot. Does anyone have any tips?

You have to use a pull back motion. So facing the direction you want to shoot, equip the slingshot. Touch onto your farmer and sliding your finger on the screen, draw back- drag in the opposite direction you want to shoot. A little red indicator should show the direction your shot will go. It fires when you release.
Since you can use wood, ore, coal, eggs, fruits, or veggies for ammo, I recommend practicing with something you have plenty of. The secret woods and easiest mine levels are good places to practice without too much danger.
To just get the walnut you may not need to actually practice. Just keep slinging in the general direction with whatever you have!
Also, if you use auto combat, your farmer will automatically use the sword if an enemy gets too close.