Naming chests

Corvus

Sodbuster
There is a mod just for that. When you mouse over the chest the label shows up.

Hill Myna

Farmer
My problem with this is the name would only show up when you've already opened the chest. And at that point, you already know what belongs in the chest, because you can look at the items themselves.

Having it hover above the chest would be kind of cool (like a smaller version of the "you caught a fish" pop-up), but then everyone with a vertical set of chests (which if you're on Console then I highly doubt) would groan.

And at that point, you could use chests as text signs, although you'd have to cover them with something if you didn't want to see the chest.

Personally, I don't think I'd find this feature particularly useful and/or necessary, especially given that time pauses when you open chests (in Singleplayer) so opening the wrong chest doesn't really set you back, given that your chests are close to each other.

I think more players would be excited if you could lock signs or other furniture, so that you can use them for organisation without having to be super careful around them.

Lew Zealand

Helper
To add to this, maybe incorporate a feature similar to My Time at Portia that allows you to rotate through all your chests just by accessing one of your chests.
Lol and you know what, I only ever learned to do that in MTaP by the very end of the game. I'm just too well programmed by Minecraft and Stardew Valley.

🤖 🤖

Skeeziks

Sodbuster
Lol and you know what, I only ever learned to do that in MTaP by the very end of the game. I'm just too well programmed by Minecraft and Stardew Valley.
I really like that feature. I also like that you can put all similar items into all the chests with one button press, rather than having to go to each individual chest.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I really like that feature. I also like that you can put all similar items into all the chests with one button press, rather than having to go to each individual chest.
🤦‍♀️

I didn't even know you could do that. My MTaP chest organization was actually a sight to behold. Just about the biggest brain I've ever been in a game because I had to.

Or in this case, true to form, didn't have to... lol!