My Mutant carp got turned into sashimi... (Switch)

ZeFat

Sodbuster
Hi all, i know the legendary fish are only one per save, which is a bummer to be fair, i would really like to see a way to get at least the legendary fish back like buying from the traveling merchant or even the midnight market rolls for exorbitant prices i wouldn't care.

How did i accomplished such a feet? Last day to get the legendary fish for qi's challenge was 01:50am so i placed everything on a chest near the aquarium room i've decorated and forgot about it, and i was rushing to the bed noticed i still have a couple of fish in the inventory and the refrigerator was the only thing near, i place the fish and, to my surprise afterwards, a mutated carp on there for some reason... went to sleep in game, turned off my switch and went to sleep, completely forgot about the damn carp on the fridge. The next day i was upping the relationship with sebastian and i always have fish on the fridge for that purpose so i crafted a couple of sashimi... only 2 days later i was arranging the aquarium room again...and i remembered... the carp was on the fridge and ye sashimi mutated carp.

efcc28e6ecc6f3ee1364c2a9f7783437.png

Question is there any way to get it back? I'm saddened... a 300 hours save file that i can't go back now.

Shart

Planter
I feel bad reading your story.. Unfortunately you can only catch each legendary fish once per save file AFAIK.
Hopefully someone can tell you how to edit your save file so that you can recatch that fish...

Elenna101

Farmer
How did i accomplished such a feet? Last day to get the legendary fish for qi's challenge was 01:50am so i placed everything on a chest near the aquarium room i've decorated and forgot about it, and i was rushing to the bed noticed i still have a couple of fish in the inventory and the refrigerator was the only thing near, i place the fish and, to my surprise afterwards, a mutated carp on there for some reason... went to sleep in game, turned off my switch and went to sleep, completely forgot about the damn carp on the fridge. The next day i was upping the relationship with sebastian and i always have fish on the fridge for that purpose so i crafted a couple of sashimi... only 2 days later i was arranging the aquarium room again...and i remembered... the carp was on the fridge and ye sashimi mutated carp.
Just checking, was this the Mutant Carp, or was it the Radioactive Carp that you catch for the Qi challenge? Because the latter can be caught again, you just have to wait until Qi gives you that challenge again. If it was the former then I think you've just lost it, sorry. (I don't think you can edit save files on Switch.)

ZeFat

Sodbuster
Just checking, was this the Mutant Carp, or was it the Radioactive Carp that you catch for the Qi challenge? Because the latter can be caught again, you just have to wait until Qi gives you that challenge again. If it was the former then I think you've just lost it, sorry. (I don't think you can edit save files on Switch.)
The Mutant one. Sad. I forgot it existed and i placed every fish left on the fridge like carps and perchs just for the sashimi forgot the mutant carp was one of the 5 ...

ZeFat

Sodbuster
I feel bad reading your story.. Unfortunately you can only catch each legendary fish once per save file AFAIK.
Hopefully someone can tell you how to edit your save file so that you can recatch that fish...
I know you can somehow get the game save files from the switch to a pc but i'm not sure if then the save gets overwritten by the cloud save one or it gets corrupted.

Fat Link

Cowpoke
Don’t you have two different massive save files though bro?

I believe many of us do to get both the community center and Joja achievements.

If so you could just go and work on your Joja file and build it up as your main from here on out.

The mutant carp is also thankfully one of the easier special fish to catch IMO so even on a different file it wouldn’t take you all that long or much effort to get it back.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
just here to share the pain that my file, that i made a special room just for my legendary fish, i accidentally sold my crimson fish and didn't find out until it was too late

my condolences friend

Odin

Staff member
Question is there any way to get it back? I'm saddened... a 300 hours save file that i can't go back now.
If it's the day you had done this (and hadn't saved yet), you could use the home button on the controller to exit out of the game, then close it from the main menu. This will reset your progress for that day. Unfortunately besides that you can't edit saves on console.

liquidcat

Staff member
Haha, nice avatar! Something similar happened to me long time ago, back during earlier versions due to a bug you could catch multiple "Legend" fish. I turned it into a sashimi by mistake but thankfully I was able to catch another one because of the bug.