My ideas box :)

Matthondir

Tiller
This is where I will post my ideas and things that I come up with for future content. Have a fun read! ;)

1) To be able to move the bed in your house, along with a lot more furniture and maybe a different kitchen layout and bathroom.

2) In my country we have something called a "Sunday Market". If this could be added you could choose to take a few of your finest crops and take them to a market every Sunday. You could wait till a villager approaches you and then you could haggle for a much better price for your products. This would be especially fun for the early game.

3) I stole this idea from another comment (credit: Dalzedur). But hunting, and I know this doesn't suit the game that well, but hunting is an important part of the farm life (in America especially). You could set a day on your calendar for when you would like to go hunting. That day when you wake up, you get a cutscene of you leaving your farm and taking the bus and then you spawn at 6am in a huge map where there are deer and all sorts of game. When you see an animal you could take you're rifle and press a button to aim. A tiny minigame pops up where you need to let go of the button at the right time to determine how wel you shoot. Then you would collect your animal and head back to the farm. You could skin the animal and butcher it so you get: a trophy (like antlers), a lot of meat (which you can cook or sell) and skin (which you can refine and sell or make rugs). There would be absolutely no gore or blood involved so that the game doesn't lose it friendliness. The hunting feature would be intirely optional. Additionally, you could shoot the crows on your farm and they would just straight up dissappear and drop meat. A new villager would also be introduced that would teach you how to hunt for a price so that you'd still have the option to say no.

4) The ability to transform your farm into a ranch. You're animals themselves would be your source of income. Let's take cows for example. At a certain number of cows, Marnie would come to your house and let you know she bought a bull and that she'd be willing to let that bull "hang" with your cattle for a big price. After a while you could check every cow and see if they are expecting. Then when they're old enough you could sell the cows for a big sum, because of the work it takes. Maybe it could be a new farm map that you could choose in the beginning where crop space is limited but optimal for animals and would maybe make animals happier. In the crop space you could plant wheat and corn, which you could turn into special food that would also make your cows happier and worth more.

5) A lot more normal events in the game, and all these events would be cutscenes or maybe tiny minigames or conversations: taking your spouse to a restaurant in the city or to the saloon, going to the playground with your kids, having dinner with another family (like the Jodi event, but with your own family along with you), annual checkup at Harvey's, ...

6) Winery's and brewery's, these already exist with mods but would be great for the original game.

7) A lot more artisan products: different kinds of alcoholic products, but also different cheese types idk

8) A realism mode where you have taxes and lower sell prices in the season that crop grows in. For example: Cauliflower sells for a lot more in Fall then in Spring. This is just the Longevity mod summarized but it would be great to have it in the base game.

Last edited:

mab

Greenhorn
Especially the 5th idea is important, at least for me. I think there are very few normal events in the game as you wrote and they need to be increased.

Matthondir

Tiller
Great ideas! However, I would disagree with hunting XD
Yeah, it's a controversial topic. However I made it clear it's entirely optional. I would also be more than happy with a Hunter villager. And heck, maybe a mod maker sees this and makes a mod for it!