My idea on how to make Harvey's Clinic more important

Person090

Planter
Out of all the sellers in Stardew Valley, Harvey's clinic has to be the most forgettable. I feel like Harvey's Clinic should have more items other than just the 2 it has now. For example, there should be a medical supplies or bandage item which you can buy from the clinic at a cheap price, but it does not replenish energy, it only heals you. Maybe some special medicine that has really great upsides but also really grave downsides, like a remedy that makes you really fast for a few seconds, then really slow the next few seconds.

Person090

Planter
Out of all the sellers in Stardew Valley, Harvey's clinic has to be the most forgettable. I feel like Harvey's Clinic should have more items other than just the 2 it has now. For example, there should be a medical supplies or bandage item which you can buy from the clinic at a cheap price, but it does not replenish energy, it only heals you. Maybe some special medicine that has really great upsides but also really grave downsides, like a remedy that makes you really fast for a few seconds, then really slow the next few seconds.
Maybe even have your own annual checkup where you can see how much you passed out or exhausted and why.

well, those are very good reasons to enter the clinic exept rise the friendship with Harvey. well done!

Lappy

Sodbuster
What if the clinic was also an apothecary? It could sell potions and/or reagents for the player to make potions. They could add an extra stackable buff (so you could have a food buff, coffee, and one potion in effect), something small enough so it wouldn't make you too powerful, but enough to be a decent bonus. Maybe something like +5 or 10 attack or short-term regen (~1 hour game time). They could also give you a skill, like Tracker, for a limited time.

CrimsonCat

Greenhorn
Would be nice if you could buy/earn permanent health increases. Maybe if you have very few exhaustion incidents, he'll grant you a health increase. Or you could purchase one for 10k to 20k. Something like that?
A similar item already exists, but you can only get one per save file. Maybe Harvey could sell you a limited number of that item or a clone of that item.
After completing the Qi sidequests (reaching level 25 of the Skull Cavern), Secret Note #10 challenges the player to get to level 100, where they're awarded Iridium Snake Milk, increasing the player's max health by 25. I think it happens in-scene, like how Stardrops can't be added to inventory, but I'm not sure since I've never gotten that far. It can be spawned with the CBJ item spawner but I've never tried.

I also like the idea of the player having to get a yearly check-up, but I don't want it to take a whole day like festivals do, and there's already a (one-time) check-up in the four heart scene.

Maybe there could be an item that clears negative status effects. Most statuses aren't long enough to be a problem, though...

Alysha

Farmhand
I'm going to be honest, I would love for your farmer to have a monthly doctor's appointment. It would make Harvey's clinic slightly more useful, because you could maybe get buffs like more heath, but if you missed your appointment, you could lose heath. I'll try to make one, but I am a very beginning modder and I'm not sure if I could do it. More experienced modders out there, please make one like this.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Would be nice if you could buy/earn permanent health increases. Maybe if you have very few exhaustion incidents, he'll grant you a health increase. Or you could purchase one for 10k to 20k. Something like that?
Like that commercial for better cheaper car insurance for safe drivers with little to no records of accidents. 😄