Issue My game won't let me sleep on fall 15

Mement0Mori

Greenhorn
Hi there,

I've had this issue for the past week I think whenever I try to sleep on fall 15 the game screen turns black and won't save so I end up losing any progress from that day. I've updated all possible mods I can (some still say they need updates but I've done everything I can about them) the day runs completely fine until I try to sleep and I don't know what else to do at this point. I've pasted the SMAPI log if anyone can help. I play on Windows 11 and the latest version of the game.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

WhitneyFox

Planter
It looks like you're caught in an infinite loop of errors:
02:44:55ERRORgameAn error occurred in the base update loop: System.Exception: Error on new day: --------------- The given key '-1' was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at StardewValley.Objects.Furniture.getData() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Furniture.cs:line 215 at StardewValley.Objects.Furniture..ctor(Int32 which, Vector2 tile) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Furniture.cs:line 170 at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.setMapForUpgradeLevel(Int32 level) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\FarmHouse.cs:line 2309 at StardewValley.Farmer.dayupdate() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 2889 at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8951 at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread) --------------- at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4154 at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1120
02:44:55ERRORgameSystem.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key '-1' was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at StardewValley.Objects.Furniture.getData() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Furniture.cs:line 215 at StardewValley.Objects.Furniture..ctor(Int32 which, Vector2 tile) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Furniture.cs:line 170 at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.setMapForUpgradeLevel(Int32 level) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\FarmHouse.cs:line 2309 at StardewValley.Farmer.dayupdate() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Farmer.cs:line 2889 at StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade()+MoveNext() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8951 at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<newDayAfterFade>b__716_2() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 8714 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) --- End of stack trace from previous location --- at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)

So it looks like some furniture you've picked up/bought/crafted on that day is causing the problem. Unfortunately it doesn't specify the furniture item, but earlier in the log it does show this:
02:44:46ERRORDynamic Game AssetsNo such "assets/big-craftables/Florist's Table0.png" in (DGA) Farmer to Florist (DGA version) (kildarien.farmertoflorist.DGA)!

So if you buy or craft the Florist's table on the day it's crashing, try to run the day without it. Or, try to remove Farmer to Florist temporarily to see if it fixes the issue. You can also try going into the Farmer to Florist mod assets folder and renaming the Florist's table png to match what the game is looking for: Florist's Table0.png

Otherwise, if you have access to your save file, you can check what is at the lines mentioned in the error message and try to fix it from there.

BlaDe

Farmer
It looks like the house is being upgraded that night, and a piece of furniture that is attempting to be added can't be found

WhitneyFox

Planter
Maybe try picking up all your furniture and having it in your inventory before going to sleep (if you have room in your inventory). Also, as the first error calls out the Florist's table, maybe delete that item completely.
If you can zip and upload your save file, we can also take a look at the lines mentioned in the error message to see if it helps.

WhitneyFox

Planter
Hmm, I just ran the day and didn't do anything, just waited for the time to run out and go to sleep and still got the error, so it does seem to be the house upgrade rather than anything you do in the day.
Can you zip your mods folder and paste it here and I'll try running it exactly the way you have your settings (I don't quite have all the same mods).
Also, do you use a controller or keyboard and mouse? I wasn't able to move and I'm not sure if that was due to a missing mod, or if your game is set up to use a controller so it wasn't recognizing my keyboard.

Mement0Mori

Greenhorn
Hmm, I just ran the day and didn't do anything, just waited for the time to run out and go to sleep and still got the error, so it does seem to be the house upgrade rather than anything you do in the day.
Can you zip your mods folder and paste it here and I'll try running it exactly the way you have your settings (I don't quite have all the same mods).
Also, do you use a controller or keyboard and mouse? I wasn't able to move and I'm not sure if that was due to a missing mod, or if your game is set up to use a controller so it wasn't recognizing my keyboard.
I play with controller but I'm pretty sure the game is set to recongnize what is being used and adjust to it. Is there any way for me to reverse the house upgrade or even go back a few days to be able to fix it? Would it be easier for me to start a new save?

I keep trying to attatch my mods folder but it gets to 97% and then fails and won't upload.

WhitneyFox

Planter
No worries.

You can't go back more than a day, but that might be enough. You can go into your save folder and change the name of the current save to Modded_344195544_Broken and then change the Modded_344195544_old to just Modded_344195544. That will allow you go back a day. You can then try picking up everything and storing it in your inventory for the night to see if you can avoid the error.

Mement0Mori

Greenhorn
I tried but it still won't work I think I might just have to start again which is kind of annoying but I've done everything I can. Thank you so much for your help :)

WhitneyFox

Planter
Hey, don't know if you've already started a new save, but I just came across another post that might help.
It's talking about Farmer to Florist items not being found which sounds like one of the errors your SMAPI log was showing. I wonder if you game would save over night if you removed the Farmer to Florist mod all together. You could try re-adding it after you get the house upgrade done to see if the conflict is resolved.

kimmykimb0

Newcomer
Hey so, im also dealing with the same problem. Except, im on Nintendo switch, on a year 11 farm and it won't let me.sleep on fall 14th to turn over to fall 15th. I've looked absolutely everywhere for answers. I've tried sorting chests, emptying fridges, simply doing nothing in the day and attempting to sleep, and nothing is working. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to do since I cant access any farm files or anything like that on Nintendo switch