Error with the newest update to Farm > Florist

furguy

Newcomer
I was going to mention this on the nexus page but currently there's no way to do that. Right now, the mod doesn't work correctly when added in along with other mods that depend on Artisan Valley/PPJA. Recipes and items don't load and aren't recognized. To be able to play properly, using the old JA version is necessary. Hoping this gets fixed in the future but just wanted to say this for anyone having trouble with the current version of Farm to Florist.

Sunfastrose

Greenhorn
Hey - I was having problems last time I tried to use Farmer to Florist, glad to know I wasn't the only one. I only see the option on the nexus page to load the latest/DGA version so I'm not sure how to access the version before. Do you have the link you used?

Shads42

Newcomer
I'm glad I found this forum cause I'm having the same issues >_< I did what Kreeate suggested and downloaded the old version and then installed it according to the instructions (deleted all the Farmer to Florist items, then shut the game down, deleted all the applicable folders, and then moved over the JA version folders) but I'm still not getting any of the recipes to show up. Is it because I had already had the letters delivered with the DGA version?

Kreeate

Rancher
I'm glad I found this forum cause I'm having the same issues >_< I did what Kreeate suggested and downloaded the old version and then installed it according to the instructions (deleted all the Farmer to Florist items, then shut the game down, deleted all the applicable folders, and then moved over the JA version folders) but I'm still not getting any of the recipes to show up. Is it because I had already had the letters delivered with the DGA version?
It's possible, but I don't know for sure.

Have a look at this page for some recipes and how/when you get them.

odetolava

Newcomer
it looks like there's no code for actually creating any of the farmer to florist objects - the pdf files are all there, but the actual creation of the items is missing. probably was forgotten on upload? or something weird with the conversion to DGA

Kreeate

Rancher
it looks like there's no code for actually creating any of the farmer to florist objects - the pdf files are all there, but the actual creation of the items is missing. probably was forgotten on upload? or something weird with the conversion to DGA
The code is there. But it looks like there was a fix on the mail/recipe issue that was never uploaded to Nexus.
I just tested it with the fixed files from GitHub and it works. Recipes are there if you meet the requirements.

You can find the fixed files on GitHub.
Click on the green "Code" button and select "Download ZIP".
Then just copy the relevant sub-folders to your mod folders. Remember to delete your old folders first.

Last edited:

nottoph

Greenhorn
The code is there. But it looks like there was a fix on the mail/recipe issue that was never uploaded to Nexus.
I just tested it with the fixed files from GitHub and it works. Recipes are there if you meet the requirements.

You can find the fixed files on GitHub.
Click on the green "Code" button and select "Download ZIP".
Then just copy the relevant sub-folders to your mod folders. Remember to delete your old folders first.
doesn't seem to have worked for me, unfortunately...cleared out all the old files and installed the new ones, made a new save, but now instead of the recipe letters failing to actually give the recipes (the issue i was having before), now I'm just not receiving the letters at all. does still seem to be an issue with Farm to Florist specifically, because I'm also playing it with the Stardew Valley Expanded mod and the letters for that are coming through fine.

EDIT: Well, upon screwing around with it some more, it looks like SMAPI was having trouble finding the manifest.json files because of how the mod folder itself was laid out, and not loading parts of the mod as a result. I took the individual sub-folders out of the main "[PPJA] Farmer to Florist" folder and the letters seem to be working fine now!

Last edited:
doesn't seem to have worked for me, unfortunately...cleared out all the old files and installed the new ones, made a new save, but now instead of the recipe letters failing to actually give the recipes (the issue i was having before), now I'm just not receiving the letters at all. does still seem to be an issue with Farm to Florist specifically, because I'm also playing it with the Stardew Valley Expanded mod and the letters for that are coming through fine.

EDIT: Well, upon screwing around with it some more, it looks like SMAPI was having trouble finding the manifest.json files because of how the mod folder itself was laid out, and not loading parts of the mod as a result. I took the individual sub-folders out of the main "[PPJA] Farmer to Florist" folder and the letters seem to be working fine now!
Hi,

I am new to SDV modding and have been having the same issue. When you say you take out the subfolders do you mean you drop the 5 subfolders in the Mods folder directly and delete the farmer to florist super-folder? Almost as if we are adding "five" separate mods?

If so, what do you do with the F2FHoneyData.csv file, which is one of six items in the [PPJA] Farmer to Florist folder? Since that is the only non-folder item.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
So, has there been any update to the state of this mod, or is the best solution, such as it is. just to upload the JA version, not the DGA?

Velvet.ian

Newcomer
So, has there been any update to the state of this mod, or is the best solution, such as it is. just to upload the JA version, not the DGA?
Best solution so far is updating the files through master file on GitHub. Just download the master zip and find Farmer to Florist. Delete old files of the mod then replace with the ones from GitHub.

Chonkerr

Newcomer
So after fixing the files like you have said I am now able to get recipes in the mail, but they aren't appearing in my recipe collection thing in my menu. Also is there any way to get the old recipes I missed from the old mail?

Has anyone looked into this? I really want to try and use this mod, it seems like such a cool way to change up the game and I've always wanted to focus on flowers instead of produce.

Choposdesabores

Greenhorn
Hi everyone,

It seems like no one its working on it u_U i just came across with this mod and wanted to tried but i noticed my log catched errors while getting mails one morning in the game, the log said couldn't finding the recipes and will ignore this then...how so this is on Nexus webpage and no one is addressing the issues and concerns that people have to share? :S​

it is great the effort everyone had put on this to work above but still...feels like a lot to do u_u

codfish1211

Newcomer
So I've tried downloading and completely replacing the old FTF folder, but apparently, the game doesn't even recognise the manifest.json files for some reason. At this point, just don't use the mod until there's an update lol.

Here's the log if anyone needs it: https://smapi.io/log/a1cef3b6e92c46eb9b8bd820f0608c90 View attachment 16706View attachment 16707
I've also tried converting every element of PPJA to DGA, but because two of the mods (FTF and Mizu's) apparently can't be read properly, it causes the entire thing to just not work. Honestly have no clue why.

Log: https://smapi.io/log/59c5bf7edb5f45e9bb4507c458c1274b

Seems like the updates to DGA aren't very good, better just use the old versions and not bother with the newer ones until there is a solution/update.

Last edited:

CircusSeal

Greenhorn
Wait, which version should I download exactly? Like, for example, one of the screenshots above (from Nexus) says 09 Mar 2021 as the upload date. Should I get that one, or which one?

CircusSeal

Greenhorn
For the record, I don't know if the recipes worked or not when I tried. I was able to buy the FTF seeds from Pierre, if that helps. The reason I removed the mod from my game, however, was because that letter that I think is supposed to give you the florist's table kept re-sending every morning. It drove me insane, so I got rid of it altogether.

I wonder if I could use CJB Item Spawner to get the table. Maybe that would shut it up?

EDIT: So, I looked closer at the screenshot I mentioned and found out that there is, in fact, a version number. I got that version, and the annoying letter didn't come again. However, I am missing the recipes, though that might be because this is a previous save, and I'm already past the farming levels that you would normally get the recipes at.

Last edited:

Vo1dant

Cowpoke

I don't know if you still play startdew or use this mord, but if by chance you do and have had to do this again can you explain it in more detail? I'm trying to get the mod to work with the new updated files, but the letters still don't have any attachments.