My Farms *SPOILERS* contains some 'endgame content'

Ereo

Helper
The community center is it of the question for that save file because Kenny did the Joja warehouse.

I would suggest working on Friendship (get a couple of fruit trees and plant them in the greenhouse. They can grow around the border, they don't need to be in the soil. Everybody likes tree fruit. Just carry around a stack and give them to people every time you see them).
The house update and money are also rather easy (or available without exploring all areas).

Skills are also not that easy, because for someone who doesn't like mining or fishing, there are only two easy skills left. But I think 30 should be doable.

Tinks

Planter
well I'm in year 3 now as Grandpa appears the last night of year 2! I was working on all the amounts raised individually for joja warehouse stuff plus the house and the barn and co-ops (must have come to close to even 500,000?) and getting married and getting points for having the animals and cheese and mayo I would have at least got 12 points?

So you have to go the community chest route to get it? plus have 1m in the bank at the end of year 2 and have all the upgrades??? ...not to mention the friendships and getting married I can't see how all that is possible without using cheats? ..given the times you have to wait for the next day or day after that for Marnie to be behind the counter or Robin and how long it takes to make friends with them and get people's heart levels up.

I've been onthe game 4-6 hours a day to get that far and already it's passed the end of year 2 and only had the game about 2 weeks!

Gonna have to take a break from the game as in danger of getting burnout due to too many demands to cope within my real life day plus the hours its taking to get anywhere in the game by a certain timeframe. Don't know why 'autistica' recommend this as a good game for people with autism!

Anyway thankyou to everyone for your patience and help

Tinks

Ereo

Helper
There are 21 points available and you need 12 to get all for candles. You can still do it with going Joja, but doing the community center gives you 3 easy points.

You can get up to 7 points for earning money. When you open the inventory, you can see how much money you have earned. The Joja route costs 140.000, so you might have to make more money to get to 500.000 or even 1.000.000.

You can get a point for getting married, but you need at least the second house update.

You don't get points for the cows or chickens.

You do get points for friendship with your pet and for friendship with the villagers.

You also get points for your skill levels.

If you want to see all the possible points, I recommend you look at the line Elenna shared.

well I'm in year 3 now as Grandpa appears the last night of year 2! I was working on all the amounts raised individually for joja warehouse stuff plus the house and the barn and co-ops (must have come to close to even 500,000?) and getting married and getting points for having the animals and cheese and mayo I would have at least got 12 points?

So you have to go the community chest route to get it? plus have 1m in the bank at the end of year 2 and have all the upgrades??? ...not to mention the friendships and getting married I can't see how all that is possible without using cheats? ..given the times you have to wait for the next day or day after that for Marnie to be behind the counter or Robin and how long it takes to make friends with them and get people's heart levels up.

I've been onthe game 4-6 hours a day to get that far and already it's passed the end of year 2 and only had the game about 2 weeks!

Gonna have to take a break from the game as in danger of getting burnout due to too many demands to cope within my real life day plus the hours its taking to get anywhere in the game by a certain timeframe. Don't know why 'autistica' recommend this as a good game for people with autism!

Anyway thankyou to everyone for your patience and help

Tinks
Take a break! Nothing wrong with doing so. Just as there’s no actual demand to play and continue at any given point, there’s no demand to make any friends in the game or do anything in particular at all. There’s just rewards if you do choose to do certain things.

I’ll stop playing for months at a time, and I’m not playing at the clip you are. My super late game farm with 140 hrs into it is in the middle of year 3 and I’ve been working on that one for a long time, you’re more than halfway that far in a couple of weeks from a time investment standpoint.

I don’t pay any attention to any villagers year 1 and still typically have them all to 10 hearts by end of year two, it doesn’t take that long as long as you don’t forget their birthday or the luau.

You don’t need 1m in the bank just 1m total earnings. On the save select screen it should show current money and total earnings, the second figure is the one which matters.

And hey just remember, based on what you’ve said so far you’ve already gotten over 2 hrs of entertainment per dollar spent, and there’s plenty left to do and explore. Seems pretty good to me ;-)

Tinks

Planter
The community center is it of the question for that save file because Kenny did the Joja warehouse.

I would suggest working on Friendship (get a couple of fruit trees and plant them in the greenhouse. They can grow around the border, they don't need to be in the soil. Everybody likes tree fruit. Just carry around a stack and give them to people every time you see them).
The house update and money are also rather easy (or available without exploring all areas).

Skills are also not that easy, because for someone who doesn't like mining or fishing, there are only two easy skills left. But I think 30 should be doable.

I played mining and fishing in Pioneers of Olive Town and wasn't nearly so much hard work tbh! The fishing in particular was much easier in comparison than the way SDV does it. It just seems some parts are more frustrating...maybe because its aimed at an older audience given some of the background stories and age rating for it (12+ in Europe) they are aiming at or expecting an audience with an higher level of co-ordination and gaming skill!!!

I will keep the Kenny and Penny game running and keep doing it till they get the kids and may even make it to Ginger Island eventually! .....but for my role play story playing as me I'm afraid I prefer PoOT just for fact I can have 4 dogs at once that look some what similar to the 4 dogs I've had throughout my lifetime!

Not saying SDV isn't as good a game or anything but it just hasn't been as immediately accessible for me personally (in terms of all aspects of the gaming) as I had hoped when buying it!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I played mining and fishing in Pioneers of Olive Town and wasn't nearly so much hard work tbh! The fishing in particular was much easier in comparison than the way SDV does it. It just seems some parts are more frustrating...maybe because its aimed at an older audience given some of the background stories and age rating for it (12+ in Europe) they are aiming at or expecting an audience with an higher level of co-ordination and gaming skill!!!

I will keep the Kenny and Penny game running and keep doing it till they get the kids and may even make it to Ginger Island eventually! .....but for my role play story playing as me I'm afraid I prefer PoOT just for fact I can have 4 dogs at once that look some what similar to the 4 dogs I've had throughout my lifetime!

Not saying SDV isn't as good a game or anything but it just hasn't been as immediately accessible for me personally (in terms of all aspects of the gaming) as I had hoped when buying it!
Thanks for writing this! I always like to see other people's experiences and impressions of the game (any game) as they come in with different backgrounds and expectations, some of which are met and other not so much. Giving the game a cool off period will probably help with other things in your life and the best thing about it is you can come back at any time and play again. On a related note, I noticed that reading the same book when I was 10, 20, and 30 left me very different impressions about it, and you may find the same to happen with Stardew Valley or any other game.

When you feel the time is right, you'll try it again.

Odin

Staff member
Haven't worked out the photo's yet....how do I get them from switch to ipad to get on here?...or how do I zoom right out on switch (when docked) to take photo of whole farm area from TV ....(as much bigger screen than switch!)
To capture an image of your entire farm, see this guide: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/152/. It can be done when the Switch is docked or in handheld mode, because it's just a button that generates the image.

To get that farm image off your switch and onto your iPad, this guide covers it: https://www.imore.com/how-send-nintendo-switch-screenshots-your-phone. (The guide is written for a phone, but it's the exact same process on an iPad.)