My Farms *SPOILERS* contains some 'endgame content'

Tinks

Planter
ok so someone suggested I did a separate post about my farms and where I'm stuck ...so here it is

Farm 1 - 4 Corners Farm (Kenny & Penny Quest)

Objective was just for Farmer Kenny (based on my dad) to marry Penny (who reminds me of my mum) so I can visit them in a virtual world...like a memorial/tribute thing.

Details - GSD dog (very pointy eared one) called 'KIm' as my dad had one when they met and thought it was a nice touch!!!
have Horse, 4 cows and 4 chickens, 1 silo, completed JoJo's warehouse so Quarry and Panning now also available axes are upgraded to iron. Greenhouse is done, jam making (fruit batcave), cheese and mayo.

Next - House has one upgrade (kitchen), deciding whether to upgrade house again first or buy more animals and another silo...plan is for it to be a dairy farm and have the 2 kids in this game.

Forest Farm

Based on an older hermit (anti-social) 'me', no plans to marry on this one was gonna do jumino's route. Didn't know about trick for leveling up fishing with crab pots so haven't got them yet but Linus is around 3 -4 hearts already I think, so can go back to do that in this game. (Though can't get a crab to go in inventory after I've killed it in mines to get the 3 crab pot bundle!)

Have 4 chickens and 4 ducks, mayo maker, 1 silo but hay has run out - made the mistake of completely clearing farm of grass and Marnie is never in to buy more! have thin chickens and grumpy ducks :hmph:
Chose the cat and now wish I hadn't, have the horse. Struggling getting enough iron ore to upgrade tools in this one too, though have upgraded wood axe once to get hardwood for stable. Have Kitchen but wish I'd chosen Hillside Farm and dog for this game! Thinking of deleting this file and starting it again as 'Hillside Sheep Farm'

Farm 3 - Beach ...Role Play Story (only started about a day ago)

A younger me! (complete with dungarees and pigtails!) :smile:..... find myself washed up on a beach with a farm, pretend to be the person the other villagers are expecting to come and take over the farm ...as I realise that person was on the ship I was on that sunk! ...and I've woke up washed up on their beach!! :laugh:

1 dog, 2 silo's, one barn, 2 baby brown cows can't get milk from them yet and can't remember where Kenny got the milk pail for his cows from!
Did find out about the crab pots so got them but Linus isn't even on one heart yet despite giving him 2-3 presents....very low on funds as been saving stuff to see if I can fulfil any jumino's quests for useful stuff before going the warehouse route.

Apparently there's a nice panning area on the farm so may take JoJo's warehouse route to unlock panning and quarry quickly on this one.

Can pigs find truffles on the beach? even if its covered in grass?? ...haven't had pigs yet or looked into making money from truffles on any other farms yet.

There's also space for pigs on 4 corners farm (if that would be better for truffle hunting) the 'Forest' 1/4' still has no animals in yet but lots of grass and trees for pigs to forage/hunt for truffles?

What would you guys do at this stage with the farms?? ..or how could I make a better start from the beginning with a Hillside Sheep Farm (and delete the Forest one )

Thanks

Tinks :smile:

Last edited:

Hill Myna

Farmer
can't remember where Kenny got the milk pail for his cows from!
You can buy one from Marnie for 1,000G.
Can pigs find truffles on the beach?
Yes...
even if its covered in grass??
...no.
There's also space for pigs on 4 corners farm (if that would be better for truffle hunting) the 'Forest' 1/4' still has no animals in yet but lots of grass and trees for pigs to forage/hunt for truffles?
Trees aren't required, just make sure that grass isn't covering the entire area. Pigs cost 16,000G, but they'll give that back within the first season (as long as it isn't Winter. They don't dig Truffles in Winter).
What would you guys do at this stage with the farms??
Could you upload a picture of your farm? That could help answer this question. Other than that:
  • Now that you've finished the Joja Warehouse, you could try and fix Willy's boat, or save up and unlock the Movie Theater (go talk to Morris).
  • If you have a look at the Achievements list in the Collections tab of your Inventory, you could try and get some of those.
  • Have you found a Coffee Bean? I'd plant some in your Greenhouse to get some Coffee (the drink). Plant it and harvest more, plant those until you've got enough, then put 5 in a Keg. Coffee gives you plus one speed, which is amazing.
  • What else have you got in your Greenhouse? If you've found an "Ancient Seed" artifact, you can give it to Gunther. He'll give you an "Ancient Seed" (plantable), and the recipe to craft more. This seed will take 28 days to grow up, and then will start producing Ancient Fruit every week. You can run this through a Seed Maker (unlocked at Farming Level 9) and get more Ancient Seeds that you can plant. You can slowly fill your Greenhouse with this, and make a lot of money.
and delete the Forest one
As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to delete a save. You can have as many farms as you want, so why not keep them around.

Hope this helps, have fun!

Edit: You might want to add "Spoilers" to the thread title, given that we're now talking about "endgame content" (anything past completing the Joja Warehouse/Community Center).

Tinks

Planter
ok so the pigs need the ground clear to get truffles? ....in that case they'd be better in the 1/4 where the mini quarry is on 4 corners farm.

Haven't worked out the photo's yet....how do I get them from switch to ipad to get on here?...or how do I zoom right out on switch (when docked) to take photo of whole farm area from TV ....(as much bigger screen than switch!)

ok so someone suggested I did a separate post about my farms and where I'm stuck ...so here it is

Farm 1 - 4 Corners Farm (Kenny & Penny Quest)

Objective was just for Farmer Kenny (based on my dad) to marry Penny (who reminds me of my mum) so I can visit them in a virtual world...like a memorial/tribute thing.

Details - GSD dog (very pointy eared one) called 'KIm' as my dad had one when they met and thought it was a nice touch!!!
have Horse, 4 cows and 4 chickens, 1 silo, completed JoJo's warehouse so Quarry and Panning now also available axes are upgraded to iron. Greenhouse is done, jam making (fruit batcave), cheese and mayo.

Next - House has one upgrade (kitchen), deciding whether to upgrade house again first or buy more animals and another silo...plan is for it to be a dairy farm and have the 2 kids in this game.

Forest Farm

Based on an older hermit (anti-social) 'me', no plans to marry on this one was gonna do jumino's route. Didn't know about trick for leveling up fishing with crab pots so haven't got them yet but Linus is around 3 -4 hearts already I think, so can go back to do that in this game. (Though can't get a crab to go in inventory after I've killed it in mines to get the 3 crab pot bundle!)

Have 4 chickens and 4 ducks, mayo maker, 1 silo but hay has run out - made the mistake of completely clearing farm of grass and Marnie is never in to buy more! have thin chickens and grumpy ducks :hmph:
Chose the cat and now wish I hadn't, have the horse. Struggling getting enough iron ore to upgrade tools in this one too, though have upgraded wood axe once to get hardwood for stable. Have Kitchen but wish I'd chosen Hillside Farm and dog for this game! Thinking of deleting this file and starting it again as 'Hillside Sheep Farm'

Farm 3 - Beach ...Role Play Story (only started about a day ago)

A younger me! (complete with dungarees and pigtails!) :smile:..... find myself washed up on a beach with a farm, pretend to be the person the other villagers are expecting to come and take over the farm ...as I realise that person was on the ship I was on that sunk! ...and I've woke up washed up on their beach!! :laugh:

1 dog, 2 silo's, one barn, 2 baby brown cows can't get milk from them yet and can't remember where Kenny got the milk pail for his cows from!
Did find out about the crab pots so got them but Linus isn't even on one heart yet despite giving him 2-3 presents....very low on funds as been saving stuff to see if I can fulfil any jumino's quests for useful stuff before going the warehouse route.

Apparently there's a nice panning area on the farm so may take JoJo's warehouse route to unlock panning and quarry quickly on this one.

Can pigs find truffles on the beach? even if its covered in grass?? ...haven't had pigs yet or looked into making money from truffles on any other farms yet.

What would you guys do at this stage with the farms?? ..or how could I make a better start from the beginning with a Hillside Sheep Farm (and delete the Forest one )

Thanks

Tinks :smile:
Bolding mine, I'd recommend against it. As Hill Myna said, there is no reason to ever delete a save file. Even if you prefer the Hillside farm, there's always the chance that later on you'll want to go back to the forest farm, and even if you decide to start fresh, I'd leave yourself the Option of resuming this one where you were. Save files don't take up a ton of room, my super late game farm is approaching 10mb but isn't there yet.

As to the rest of it, Hill Myna covers it quite well, the only thing I'd add is that since you have seen the Joja route through to completion, I'd recommend seeing the Junimo route through to completion as well.

Tinks

Planter
I'll definitely do the jumino route right through on one of the files just haven't decided which one yet! Maybe on the hillside farm as I'm less likely to need the quarry early game as there's one on the farm with helping to get more iron ore to upgrade tools earlier.

I can get from levels 1-30 and have had quite a bit of iron ore on Kenny's farm even though there's only 3 rows of rocks on there and I haven't reached level 40 in the mine's yet. I'm hoping the Quarry has some iridium (that's needed for the boat quest) now I've unlocked that.

Ereo

Helper
Enough iridium is going to be tough to get if you don't like mining. But there is a way to get a slow but steady supply after the second year (not gonna spoiler that one).

Otherwise, there are two locations where you can buy Omnigeodes, which have a good chance to drop iridium when opened. Those are only available at certain days of the week. Ask if you want the details, I don't want to spoiler everything for you.

In the quarry, there is a chance that iridium nodes will spawn but to be honest I have never found much of it there.

Tinks

Planter
Enough iridium is going to be tough to get if you don't like mining. But there is a way to get a slow but steady supply after the second year (not gonna spoiler that one).

Otherwise, there are two locations where you can buy Omnigeodes, which have a good chance to drop iridium when opened. Those are only available at certain days of the week. Ask if you want the details, I don't want to spoiler everything for you.

In the quarry, there is a chance that iridium nodes will spawn but to be honest I have never found much of it there.

well I'm guessing the omnigeodes must be travelling cart if they're only available certain days of the week...(though I don't remember if I've seen any there).

where is the slow but steady supply???? I'm getting towards end of year two on Kenny's Farm game where the boat can be unlocked next and don't want to be waiting years!

Ereo

Helper
Some shops have rotating stock and it depends on the day of the week what you can buy.

There is an event at the end of year two and after that, you can get something that produces iridium.

Tinks

Planter
Some shops have rotating stock and it depends on the day of the week what you can buy.

There is an event at the end of year two and after that, you can get something that produces iridium.
Thanks... I do find it a bit boring but if I do it at night (playing handheld) while watching TV just bashing the rocks to get what I need it's not so bad.

I keep getting stuff nicked though and lost the good sword/dagger in 2 games which is really frustrating if its just taken me most of the night to get stuff! ..like I was really close to exit and the flying things attacked....was trying to get a cave carrot out to get energy to get out and home but the flying things didn't pause while I was trying to go through inventory for them so got over 3,000 nicked and 6 items from Robin...thieving b***h!....but Linus also does it too even though I was really nice to him taking him beer and pizza!! :hmph:

Elenna101

Farmer
If you want to see details on how to get the year 2 iridium thing, check out this link - unfortunately it may be a little difficult given some of what you've said about your farms.

Ereo

Helper
If you go to Marlon, you can buy back some of the things you lost. You can always buy back one thing (or stack of things) at the sell price after you faint, do it's much cheaper than buying a new sword. And it only gets overwritten when you faint the next time. Check it out, he might still have your sword!

Tinks

Planter
If you go to Marlon, you can buy back some of the things you lost. You can always buy back one thing (or stack of things) at the sell price after you faint, do it's much cheaper than buying a new sword. And it only gets overwritten when you faint the next time. Check it out, he might still have your sword!
didn't know that thanks..... it was closed by the time I got out of the mines though. I'll go check cos I do have access to Marlon's house in that game

Tinks

Planter
If you want to see details on how to get the year 2 iridium thing, check out this link - unfortunately it may be a little difficult given some of what you've said about your farms.
where does it tell me how many friendship hearts I have with my pet??? I only get a single heart above her head when I pet her everyday and you only seem to be able to do that once a day?

This kind of thing annoys me when you get far into a game and find there's things you should have been doing from the beginning so there's no way you can complete it 100%...whatever happened to action replay and gameshark codes!!! ..At least you could play a game your way and then just stick a code in at the end (via an adapter/CD) and get the 100% or whatever you needed without having to play the whole damn thing again!

Kenny's Farm (where I've reached the boat quest) is further along than most and I'm married in that one.. so from the money raising aspect and cos I've finished the JoJa Warehouse and sold nearly every item to raise the money for everything I should be ok. I did manage to get a diamond too in that game...was saving it for Penny's birthday (or our wedding anniversary if it gets mentioned) but she may have to go without if I can use it to get a re-evaluation at a later date!!!

I'll upgrade their house next then and try and get the nursery before 'Grandpa's visit' !!! :smile:

Ereo

Helper
where does it tell me how many friendship hearts I have with my pet??? I only get a single heart above her head when I pet her everyday and you only seem to be able to do that once a day?

This kind of thing annoys me when you get far into a game and find there's things you should have been doing from the beginning so there's no way you can complete it 100%...whatever happened to action replay and gameshark codes!!! ..At least you could play a game your way and then just stick a code in at the end (via an adapter/CD) and get the 100% or whatever you needed without having to play the whole damn thing again!

Kenny's Farm (where I've reached the boat quest) is further along than most and I'm married in that one.. so from the money raising aspect and cos I've finished the JoJa Warehouse and sold nearly every item to raise the money for everything I should be ok. I did manage to get a diamond too in that game...was saving it for Penny's birthday (or our wedding anniversary if it gets mentioned) but she may have to go without if I can use it to get a re-evaluation at a later date!!!

I'll upgrade their house next then and try and get the nursery before 'Grandpa's visit' !!! :smile:
You can't check on your pets heart level. You can pet it and fill the water bowl. At some point, you'll get a pop up saying the pet loves you (which means you're at full hearts), but it's easy to miss.

You can always complete the game 100%. You might take longer, but you can redo the evaluation, and you can reach certain things in different ways. But there is no fixed ending. Events will repeat every year. Quests stay open until you complete them (except the fetch quests from the board outside Pierre's store which have no consequences, and the ones from the community board which will repeat of you didn't complete them).

If you decide to go fishing for 30 years and start the main story line after that, you can still complete the game.

Tinks

Planter
You can't check on your pets heart level. You can pet it and fill the water bowl. At some point, you'll get a pop up saying the pet loves you (which means you're at full hearts), but it's easy to miss.

You can always complete the game 100%. You might take longer, but you can redo the evaluation, and you can reach certain things in different ways. But there is no fixed ending. Events will repeat every year. Quests stay open until you complete them (except the fetch quests from the board outside Pierre's store which have no consequences, and the ones from the community board which will repeat of you didn't complete them).

If you decide to go fishing for 30 years and start the main story line after that, you can still complete the game.

lol! that's good to know. I'm a bit 'demand avoidant' so sometimes I just like to avoid all demands (in game and in life!) just for the hell of it! and sometimes they just cause genuine stress!

I think the fact you can have so many game save's means I can at least complete the game once as intended! ...especially in the one where I'm not 'playing as myself' therefore it's 'not me' complying to the demand! Maybe Kenny can be a good boy and complete it for me!! :wink: :laugh:

I think my beach farm can be the non-compliant game, after all I'm not even the grand-daughter in that RP I just got washed up on the beach!! (wonder if Grandpa Ghost will realise if he returns year 3!!) :laugh:

Reactions: Tom

imnvs

Local Legend
didn't know that thanks..... it was closed by the time I got out of the mines though. I'll go check cos I do have access to Marlon's house in that game
Actually, passing out in the Mines is different than being KOed in the Mines. I may be splitting hairs, but I think it is important to note the differences.

Passing out happens at 200am and only results in you having to pay up to 1k in cash for the rescue.

Getting KOed is when monster knocks you out, and this is what results in loss of items that can be recovered from Marlon.

Tinks

Planter
well I got the house expanded with a day to spare... Grandpa ghost came said he was proud of Kenny but only left 2 candles lit so I guess I can't get that iridium thing???

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, you will have to get the four candle rating then interact with the shrine to recieve the statue, once done, and if you don't mind a slight bit of duping, there is a way to get more statues which you can then get more iridium from, I have duped about 60 for fun but never use them because I cheated in my first save and I feel the game loses the immersiveness once you do, though others have different opinions and it's all up to you.
There are a total of 21 points you can get getting more than 12 gives you the top rating so there is a lot of leeway.
The easiest I would reccomend would be earning a million gold which gives you a great 7 points which is more that half of what you need followed by finishing the mines (skull key), 60 items to the museum (rusty key), the house upgrades, and cc or joja, though the cc I think gives 3 additional points for watching the cutscene. These are all easily done in the first year and there is even a challenge called the blackjack challenge in which you do all 21 points in the two years and acts as sort of a pseudo-completion challenge.
Good luck.

Tinks in particular based on the information shared may find the mines and museum collection difficult. Personally I think the "low hanging fruit" are:

30 points in skills (it's only an average skill value of 6, gives 1 point)
Get 8 hearts with 10 villagers (give them gifts on their birthday and bring something good to the luau and you'll be there before you know it, and it's 2 points)
Finish the Community Center, see the cutscene (3 points)
Get 500,000 (Still 5 points, and it's half as much as the 1 million target)
Married with 2 house upgrades (1 point)

But there are of course as you say multiple viable options. This set of recommendations is just based on what Tinks has said are and are not goals, and the progress shared on certain activities.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Yeah, I completely forgot the skills which is a great starting place.
Those I reccomended were based solely on my opinion but you are right, all people have their strenghts in the game.
Yes, tinks has stated that she is married or trying to on one save so that is a good starting point and skills are not far behind.