My Challenge

lust

Greenhorn
After playing this game for about a week, I have decided to challenge myself to attempting to acquire a stack of every single item (that is stackable) in the vanilla game, I am posting this to the threads so I have some sort of motivation (if I should call it that) and a place to log my progress. So welcome all on my new journey :D

imnvs

Local Legend
Good luck! That's a really hard challenge. There are stackable things that cost 1M per, just to warn you, so that will require you earn 999M just for those.

Farrow

Sodbuster
Best of luck, as I attempted the brewery challenge where you can only sell stacks of wines and juices but I gave up about halfway through a stack of starfruit as I got very bored

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello lust, welcome to the Forums! I hope you have a great time here!

Just because I'm curious,
  1. Which farm map have you chosen?
  2. Are you going to buy a Joja membership so that Auto-Petters are purchasable?
  3. Which item(s) are you anticipating to be the toughest?
  4. What type of Chests are you going to store them in (Stone or default) and do you know how many chests you'll need (plus 999 of both to go IN the chests, of course!)?
  5. Judging by the way you used "vanilla", is it correct to assume that you play on PC?
  6. I think you may want to clarify your wording, because there are many "stackable" items that you cannot obtain more than one of.
  7. If the answer to (5) is 'yes', then will you use technically-bugs-but-still-vanilla item glitches to "fix" the problem in (6)?
  8. Do you know how to take screenshots and add them to your posts? If not, then you can ask here, I'm sure someone will help. :)
  9. Because you've only been playing for a week, if you have any other questions unrelated to the topic, I'd recommend you start a second thread to house them all. That way this thread will stay nice and clean! :D
Anyways, sorry for asking so many questions! Looking forward to seeing your answers & progress, good luck and have fun!!!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
This is a massively tough challenge, there are a few people out doing this right now, one of which is documenting it through streams and YouTube videos.

Just look up “999 stack stardew” and look around, it’s a massive undertaking, good luck if you choose to pursue it.

ISSsloth

Farmer
What are you going to do regarding different qualities of items? Will you go for a base quality stack, a highest quality stack, or will you go the more difficult route of getting a stack of each quality?

Elenna101

Farmer
Re: CC versus Joja specifically, if you start the Joja route you cannot get the Stone Junimo Statue that spawns behind the community center every year. (I know that wiki article implies that you can only get a second one if the first one is destroyed, but that's incorrect, you can get one each year. I've seen someone get multiple of them.)

On the other hand, as Hill Myna mentioned, you can only buy Auto-Petters if you go through Joja. If you go through the Community Center, you can only get them from rare monster drops when you have a specific quest active, or rarely from treasure chests in a location you haven't been to. Without being too specific about mechanics you may or may not have seen yet, this basically requires you to get a lot of staircases (the craftable item, I mean). By a lot, I mean that a full chest is about 36,000, and you need several full chests to get 999 Auto-Petters.

Technically another option is to sleep through 999 years without finishing the community center and without starting Joja, collect a stone junimo every year, and then go Joja to buy auto-petters. However, there is a lot of stuff locked behind finishing either the community center or Joja.

Or you could just give up on the stone Junimo statue. It's your challenge, nothing preventing you from declaring that certain items aren't fun and therefore don't count.

lust

Greenhorn
Best of luck, as I attempted the brewery challenge where you can only sell stacks of wines and juices but I gave up about halfway through a stack of starfruit as I got very bored
as in you can only sell if you have a full stack?

lust

Greenhorn
What are you going to do regarding different qualities of items? Will you go for a base quality stack, a highest quality stack, or will you go the more difficult route of getting a stack of each quality?
as im just starting i think i will go for the base quality, if i can manage this i will up the challenge

lust

Greenhorn
Hello lust, welcome to the Forums! I hope you have a great time here!

Just because I'm curious,
  1. Which farm map have you chosen?
  2. Are you going to buy a Joja membership so that Auto-Petters are purchasable?
  3. Which item(s) are you anticipating to be the toughest?
  4. What type of Chests are you going to store them in (Stone or default) and do you know how many chests you'll need (plus 999 of both to go IN the chests, of course!)?
  5. Judging by the way you used "vanilla", is it correct to assume that you play on PC?
  6. I think you may want to clarify your wording, because there are many "stackable" items that you cannot obtain more than one of.
  7. If the answer to (5) is 'yes', then will you use technically-bugs-but-still-vanilla item glitches to "fix" the problem in (6)?
  8. Do you know how to take screenshots and add them to your posts? If not, then you can ask here, I'm sure someone will help. :)
  9. Because you've only been playing for a week, if you have any other questions unrelated to the topic, I'd recommend you start a second thread to house them all. That way this thread will stay nice and clean! :D
Anyways, sorry for asking so many questions! Looking forward to seeing your answers & progress, good luck and have fun!!!
1. Im on the stardew map
2. I think im going to go with a membership
3. So far im thinking fishing, but in another thread i saw, they had talked about the various items they thought would be the toughest
4. Going for the default chests :D
5. Yes im on pc
6. Ive found that out, soon ill come up with a list that is not genuinely impossible
7. Im not sure how i feel about glitches yet, but i dont see my self using any bugs or glitches to achieve this
8. I can do that, will probably start a progress challenge once ive progressed a little bit
9. I will do that :D

lust

Greenhorn
Re: CC versus Joja specifically, if you start the Joja route you cannot get the Stone Junimo Statue that spawns behind the community center every year. (I know that wiki article implies that you can only get a second one if the first one is destroyed, but that's incorrect, you can get one each year. I've seen someone get multiple of them.)

On the other hand, as Hill Myna mentioned, you can only buy Auto-Petters if you go through Joja. If you go through the Community Center, you can only get them from rare monster drops when you have a specific quest active, or rarely from treasure chests in a location you haven't been to. Without being too specific about mechanics you may or may not have seen yet, this basically requires you to get a lot of staircases (the craftable item, I mean). By a lot, I mean that a full chest is about 36,000, and you need several full chests to get 999 Auto-Petters.

Technically another option is to sleep through 999 years without finishing the community center and without starting Joja, collect a stone junimo every year, and then go Joja to buy auto-petters. However, there is a lot of stuff locked behind finishing either the community center or Joja.

Or you could just give up on the stone Junimo statue. It's your challenge, nothing preventing you from declaring that certain items aren't fun and therefore don't count.
Yeah im not really too sure about the possibility of getting 1 stack of every stackable item, as Hill Myna said, theres some things that cannot be obtained more than once, i will work on an excel sheet to set out a blueprint of my plan and what im going for

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, @lust, you need to learn how to reply to multiple posts in one post. (Just click the "Reply" button for each in a row, it'll all get loaded each in a row into the reply box, go through it and reply to each.)

lust

Greenhorn
Okay, @lust, you need to learn how to reply to multiple posts in one post. (Just click the "Reply" button for each in a row, it'll all get loaded each in a row into the reply box, go through it and reply to each.)
oops, thanks for telling me, sorry if i caused any issues D:

Pangaearocks

Planter
7. Im not sure how i feel about glitches yet, but i dont see my self using any bugs or glitches to achieve this
If you first want to go through with something like this, may as well do it without cheating.

As for quality, getting fish in gold quality is surely easier than in no quality, because pretty soon that is the default when fishing. It's only at the lowest fishing levels you can't toss the bobber far enough out to reliably get good quality. Perfect catches then turn gold quality to iridium, but gold would still be the easiest I reckon. Hope you like fishing, tho! 😂

An alternative ofc, is to spam fish ponds, and fish them up that way. Then you get them in no quality, but getting up octopus and lava eels is a piece of cake compared to "in the wild".