Multiple suggestions for game polishing/consistency

Hotl3looded

Greenhorn
Here are my suggestions:

Iridium quality crops/forageables
- Have a very low chance to get iridium quality crops/forageable when harvesting/picking at skills lvl 10+
- Could be something like 0.5% at lvl 10 and increases for every level past 10
- It would encourage people to use farming/foraging food boost before harvesting/picking (more uses for food is always welcomed)
- It could increase skill diversity (most people pick botanist for iridium foraging) because it would be possible to have iridium forageable collection without this skill
- It would be possible to have an iridium crop collection

New tackle - shiny prismatic tackle
- Recipe would involve prismatic shard and the purpose of this tackle would be to increase quality of fish (like perfect catching)
- "Shiny tackle that attracts bigger fish"
- It would let us consistently catch rarer/legendary fish at iridium quality without having to rely on incredible RNG luck
- Cons: expensive to craft, cannot use other tackles that make catching rarer/legendary fish easier (it increases quality but the fish is harder to catch as a result)

Multiple mead types
- Mead types varies with honey types
- Right now mead is cheaper than most honeys which makes no sense and it is not consistent with other artisan products like pickles/jams/juices/wines
- Honey type plays a MAJOR role on mead flavor IRL

Smoker
- Add a smoker to make smoked fish, unlocked at fish lvl 5+ (something like a Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Consumes a fish and a piece of wood/coal to create smoked fish
- Smoked fish price would be based on the type of fish used (like all artisan products except mead ;) )

EDIT 1: Added new ideas
Cast-Iron Pan
- At day 1-3, mom sends a cast-iron pan to make sure you eat properly on your new adventure
- Lets you cook when you use this item on fireplace/campfire
- This item will let you cook anywhere if you craft a campfire, but it requires an inventory space (limited ressource)
- You can now enjoy a meal with Linus ;)
- Optional: reduce the selection of recipes for this item (only simple recipes with few ingredients)

Rice juice -> Sake
- When putting rice into keg, produce sake/rice wine instead of rice juice (WTH is this?)
- Let us enjoy sashimi/maki with a good bottle of sake!!

Last edited:

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
Smoker
- Add a smoker to make smoked fish, unlocked at fish lvl 5+ (something like a Weber Smokey Mountain)
- Smoked fish price would be based on the type of fish used (like all artisan products except mead ;) )
I like this idea a lot actually.

tommybob

Planter
Smoker
I love this idea and to add to it I think more artisan goods should be available. Being able to forge weapons and items that can be used or sold, could be a whole new skill to level up.

Hollowyn

Greenhorn
I really like the idea of the honey type affecting the type of mead produced. Also I'd love to see forest honey being added (which of course produces forest mead). Maybe a bee house could produce forest honey when there is at least one tree within range but no flower. When there is a tree and a flower within range the flower would be preferred.

Hazel

Farmhand
Also I'd love to see forest honey being added (which of course produces forest mead). Maybe a bee house could produce forest honey when there is at least one tree within range but no flower. When there is a tree and a flower within range the flower would be preferred.
When I read forest honey, my first thought was "oh yes! in the secret woods! After another quest from the bear!" but while it would be cool, it means having to get there everytime to get the honey so... idk XD

I also love the idea of smoked fish! It's one thing I wanted too!

Hollowyn

Greenhorn
When I read forest honey, my first thought was "oh yes! in the secret woods! After another quest from the bear!" but while it would be cool, it means having to get there everytime to get the honey so... idk XD

I also love the idea of smoked fish! It's one thing I wanted too!
Well it could be made so that there's also Secret Forest Honey which comes from the secret woods and sells for more than the fairy rose honey to make up for the increased effort of acquiring it. Maybe it could be unlocked after a quest from the bear like bringing him all types of honey (except Secret Forest Honey of course) or something like that.

EDIT 1: Added new ideas
Cast-Iron Pan
- At day 1-3, mom sends a cast-iron pan to make sure you eat properly on your new adventure
- Lets you cook when you use this item on fireplace/campfire
- This item will let you cook anywhere if you craft a campfire, but it requires an inventory space (limited ressource)
- You can now enjoy a meal with Linus ;)
- Optional: reduce the selection of recipes for this item (only simple recipes with few ingredients)
This is a good use of campfire