MultiplayerMod on Android!

Odin

Staff member
Why all players after sleep , in the client phonr notif "waiting for other player" how to fix this ?
I haven't used this mod, but at least on PC or console, seeing this means that not everyone has clicked through the screen showing that day's earnings.

asfatre

Newcomer
Hi

A friend of mine wanted to play this game in multiplayer on mobile. Of course we all know this isn't possible. Except it is!

I'll post the straightforward way to accomplish this here, and talk about the hurdles I encountered at the end.
This is absolutely fidgety to get working if you don't know exactly the right way to go about it, but if you do know, it does work!

=======================

Install the latest SMAPI Installer for Android from this source on your phone. It's the apk file under Assets.

View attachment 7883

Open it, confirm and allow everything.
Click Install.

View attachment 7884
Although the installer says 3.7.6.9, it seems to install 3.7.6.1. Probably just an oversight. It doesn't matter though, it works.

Now that you have the actual SMAPI Stardew Valley app installed on your phone, you can delete the SMAPI Installer app, and also the ~130Mb apk file it leaves behind in \SMAPI Installer in your Android home directory:
View attachment 7885

At this point you can open SMAPI Stardew Valley. You will notice no big difference (except for a keyboard icon in the top left), since we haven't added any mods yet. SMAPI has automatically created a Mod folder in your \Stardew Valley folder with 4 mods in it: Console Commands, CustomLocalization, SaveBackup and VirtualKeyboard.

Time to add the Multiplayer Mod:

(This is the newest version of the mod, fixed an invisibility bug, but reintroduced another bug, making selling something not advisable, as the joining players can't continue past the sales summary screen. At least I couldn't when I tried)

(This is the older version of the mod, which has the invisibility bug, so when you join a game for the second time, you will be invisible to each other)

Copy the MultiplayerMod folder into the Mod folder in \StardewValley\Mods

Start SMAPI Stardew Valley.
Your home screen now has a Co-op option, click it:

View attachment 7886

Click on Host New Farm (Mobile Platforms).
I tried (PC Platforms) too, but couldn't connect to farms created that way at all.

View attachment 7887

Go through the usual setup:

View attachment 7888

Don't forget to set Starting Cabins to at least 2:

View attachment 7889

Skip the intro and wait till you appear in your bed:

View attachment 7890

Now quit the game completely. If another person tries to join at this point, they will manage to connect to some degree and get the "New farmer" selection screen, but if they click on it, their screen will stay black with it loading forever.
Start SMAPI Stardew Valley again. Click on Co-op. Now click on your newly created farm at the bottom:

View attachment 7891

You are back in your bed in your house.
Now get your buddy (who has gone through the same procedure and hopefully has the same mods as you) to click on Join at the top.
Enter the hosts local IP address. You can find out your phone's IP address in your phone's settings, under About phone or Status. You might have to search a bit, every Android phone is different. Mine for example is 192.168.2.102, so that's what I enter:

View attachment 7892
Please update to stardew valley 1.5 Android

SMAPI Android for SV 1.5 Release

Odin

Staff member
Please update to stardew valley 1.5 Android

SMAPI Android for SV 1.5 Release
The developer of SMAPI for Android is working on it! There's an update for 1.5 currently in alpha (a very early build with many known issues). You can try the alpha and keep an eye on updates here:

jacielgei

Newcomer
hola, así que un amigo y yo vamos a intentar arreglarlo. Aunque, por favor, no se haga ilusiones, ninguno de nosotros tiene experiencia en C#, aunque sí tenemos algo en otros idiomas y backend. De cualquier manera, probablemente no sea demasiado pronto, pero pensé que valdría la pena publicarlo.
[/CITA]
What si lo lograste?

Galileo

Newcomer
Hi

A friend of mine wanted to play this game in multiplayer on mobile. Of course we all know this isn't possible. Except it is!

I'll post the straightforward way to accomplish this here, and talk about the hurdles I encountered at the end.
This is absolutely fidgety to get working if you don't know exactly the right way to go about it, but if you do know, it does work!

=======================

Install the latest SMAPI Installer for Android from this source on your phone. It's the apk file under Assets.

View attachment 7883

Click Install.

View attachment 7884
Although the installer says 3.7.6.9, it seems to install 3.7.6.1. Probably just an oversight. It doesn't matter though, it works.

Now that you have the actual SMAPI Stardew Valley app installed on your phone, you can delete the SMAPI Installer app, and also the ~130Mb apk file it leaves behind in \SMAPI Installer in your Android home directory:
View attachment 7885

At this point you can open SMAPI Stardew Valley. You will notice no big difference (except for a keyboard icon in the top left), since we haven't added any mods yet. SMAPI has automatically created a Mod folder in your \Stardew Valley folder with 4 mods in it: Console Commands, CustomLocalization, SaveBackup and VirtualKeyboard.

(This is the newest version of the mod, fixed an invisibility bug, but reintroduced another bug, making selling something not advisable, as the joining players can't continue past the sales summary screen. At least I couldn't when I tried)

(This is the older version of the mod, which has the invisibility bug, so when you join a game for the second time, you will be invisible to each other)

View attachment 7886

I tried (PC Platforms) too, but couldn't connect to farms created that way at all.

View attachment 7887

View attachment 7888

View attachment 7889

View attachment 7890

Now quit the game completely. If another person tries to join at this point, they will manage to connect to some degree and get the "New farmer" selection screen, but if they click on it, their screen will stay black with it loading forever.
Start SMAPI Stardew Valley again. Click on Co-op. Now click on your newly created farm at the bottom:

View attachment 7891

Now get your buddy (who has gone through the same procedure and hopefully has the same mods as you) to click on Join at the top.
Enter the hosts local IP address. You can find out your phone's IP address in your phone's settings, under About phone or Status. You might have to search a bit, every Android phone is different. Mine for example is 192.168.2.102, so that's what I enter:

View attachment 7892
Hello, I have an annoying issue. I installed the installer from the github without problems. When I pressed install in the app, it just said, that the app can't be installed. I allowed all permissions to the app, and i disabeled the google play protection, but it didn't help. Please someone help me, I really want to solve this

Odin

Staff member
Hello, I have an annoying issue. I installed the installer from the github without problems. When I pressed install in the app, it just said, that the app can't be installed. I allowed all permissions to the app, and i disabeled the google play protection, but it didn't help. Please someone help me, I really want to solve this
Unfortunately this mod was made for the 1.4 Android version of Stardew Valley, but the game is now on 1.5, so it may not work without an update.

chiru

Newcomer
hiii i just wanted to ask what 1.4 version of stardew valley did you use to run the multiplayer mod? smapi says the mod is not working on the 1.5 version. thank you for noticing!!! 😫🙏

Odin

Staff member
hiii i just wanted to ask what 1.4 version of stardew valley did you use to run the multiplayer mod? smapi says the mod is not working on the 1.5 version. thank you for noticing!!! 😫🙏
Unfortunately this guide is from before 1.5 was released, and has not been updated yet.

TheOtherOne

Newcomer
Hi. Me and my girlfriend are trying to install this mod on Android, and we've both managed to install the SMAPI version and everything seems fine there. But I can't seem to install the actual mod file because it redirects me to Google Drive, and doesn't give me an option to download

If someone could help, that would be greatly appreciated :happy:

MAF

Newcomer
After installing the SMAPI installer app and allowed all required request and het install it's give me error that stardew valley can not found. I tried many versions how can I fix it?
Screenshot_2023-07-06-11-21-40-45_289ce727d0c54b7a6b438eba754ebac7.jpg

slytherin2727

Newcomer
Hey bro! I was playing with my wife and something pretty annoying kept happenning. When we first entered the Mine, after going down to the second floor, her character froze (we tried doing it 2 times, and it had frozen both.) It's a already know bug? I'm waiting for your answer :)

pidich

Newcomer
Hey bro! I was playing with my wife and something pretty annoying kept happenning. When we first entered the Mine, after going down to the second floor, her character froze (we tried doing it 2 times, and it had frozen both.) It's a already know bug? I'm waiting for your answer :)
you just need to give food to a friend

ion86456

Newcomer
Hi

=======================

View attachment 7883

Click Install.

View attachment 7884

View attachment 7885

View attachment 7886

View attachment 7887

View attachment 7888

View attachment 7889

View attachment 7890

View attachment 7891

View attachment 7892
So uh it put me in this infinite loop between "migration complete restart smapi stardew valley to play" and "smapi needs to locate stardew valleys folder content to continue" and I have done everything the same as I read so if you can explain please go ahead.

ValB

Greenhorn
Just want to add to this thread that Smapi 3.18.3.3 SVE 1.5.6.52 and SVE 1.5.6.39 work beautifully with the 'Multiplayer Mod 2' on Android 13. It was released in Jan 2024 on Nexus Mods. I've only tested LAN so far, but am going to attempt NordVPN Meshnet first and if unsuccessful I'll try ZeroTier.

For those struggling with Smapi errors, there is a download I used for my kids phones (Android 14) where you bypass the need to go through the whole smapi download and install and configure etc. I can't remember which forum I found it on, might have been here actually, It was a life saver as I was going mad trying to get it to work. I have the details on my phone somewhere should anyone want to try this approach. There are two downloads one contains the Smapi SVD download and the second is the SDV folder the one that goes into internal storage. They sort themselves out. You won't have Smapi Installer on your phone for editing, but I edit my virtual keyboard in my Stardew Valley Folder in internal storage and then copy and paste to my zane.stardewvalley mods folder. Far simpler.
I learnt the hard way when it came to editing configs! I'm very new at this.
Use Zarchiver and grant access- you will need it to gain access to android data files. (Works on Android 14 too)

If you want to edit a config always do it externally!
Navigate to zane.stardew in android data, delete virtual keyboard config. Go to stardew valley mods in internal find config file for virtual keyboard. I always cut and paste to desktop on PC or downloads on Android. (Then copy the config and put into a separate folder if you want a temp backup-avoids the confusions of multiple configs of desktop)
If you are connected via PC edit the config with Note Pad or Noteplus++ (latter preferable as has json viewer and validation). If Android, do yourself a favour and use a json editor. I use json editor online. No more hunting for my own silly errors!
Once edited and saved retraced your steps.
Put config back into Virtual Keyboard in Internal Stardew Valley Mods Folder and then copy and paste it into zane.stardew in Android data.

I have made so many errors by trying to edit the config files any other way.

Hope this is of some help

Nicday10

Newcomer
Hola alguien sabe por que tengo un problema en Stardew Valley en android en cooperativo, es que cuando entro al museo o quiero construir no puedo porque el juego se bloquea y no me deja hacer nada.