Multiplayer Partner Crashing

Blue6erry

Greenhorn
Hi, so my girlfriend and I are playing with a healthy amount of mods (me hosting) and she is having a lot of crashing issues. Sometimes (mostly in the mines) her game will freeze and she will have to exit the game. When this happens, her smapi log doesn't show any problems. I, unfortunately, do not have a log for this, but I am hoping with my modlist someone might know of an incompatibility. Her RAM/GPU/CPU are not maxing out, so that shouldn't be the issue either.

Second, she recently crashed when she was trying to go into the Secret Woods. I do have a log for that. https://smapi.io/log/3fbad7e8fae648d888ef2f372f48759a

Finally, when trying to rejoin, her game kept freezing as she was loading in (it said she joined on my end). https://smapi.io/log/ca1196a6f2aa4aff854302124093a453 and https://smapi.io/log/696e5208c0454e3d876f83fba3d4eee3

My only guess for the mines issue is maybe Custom Dungeon Floors, but I have absolutely no proof. As for the Secret Woods, I had just had Alecto's first cutscene trigger the day before and NPC map locations said that's where she is now, so maybe that is what caused that? Finally, it looks like me upgrading my Love of Cooking pan might be what is stopping her from being able to join the server. All of these are just guesses and I would very much appreciate any and all feedback from anyone who knows a bit more about compatibility and smapi logs.

PS: I have recently discovered Passable Crops, so we will be switching to that to replace Walk Through Trellis. Also, I also just discovered that Little NPCs is not multiplayer compatible, so we will be removing that and its related mods.

Thanks for the multiple logs.
I didn't see yours, but there's multiple different errors on hers.

Long snippet of relevant error messages under the spoiler.
The equals signs divide the errors by each log.

Code:
19:56:18    WARN    Market Day    [Jenny] getSellPriceArrayFromShopStock: no Stockmanager or no StockManager.ItemPriceAndStock
    repeats 1 times
19:56:18    ERROR    SMAPI    The StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu.draw_PatchedBy<spacechase0.BiggerBackpack>(ShopMenu this, SpriteBatch b)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime, RenderTarget2D target_screen)

23:59:03    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.NPC.doMiddleAnimation(Farmer who) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 4336
   at StardewValley.NPC.reallyDoAnimationAtEndOfScheduleRoute() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 4303
   at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 2921
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3511
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3542
   at StardewValley.Locations.Woods.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean skipWasUpdatedFlush) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\Woods.cs:line 408
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6450
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4867
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1117
23:59:03    TRACE    Deep Woods    Local Player (-7600928070256659395) warped from: Forest, to: Woods
23:59:03    TRACE    Deep Woods    OpenPassageInSecretWoods:
23:59:03    TRACE    Deep Woods    OpenPassageInSecretWoods skipped. Map was already patched.

================================================================================================================

00:29:01    ERROR    Better Chests    This mod failed in the World.ChestInventoryChanged event. Technical details:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.Equals(GameLocation other) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 15474
   at StardewMods.BetterChests.Features.ChestFinder.OnChestInventoryChanged(Object sender, ChestInventoryChangedEventArgs e) in X:\Repos\StardewMods\BetterChests\Features\ChestFinder.cs:line 232
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 101
    repeats 2 times

00:36:49    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.NPC.doMiddleAnimation(Farmer who) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 4336
   at StardewValley.NPC.reallyDoAnimationAtEndOfScheduleRoute() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 4303
   at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 2921
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3511
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3542
   at StardewValley.Locations.Woods.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean skipWasUpdatedFlush) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\Woods.cs:line 408
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6450
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4867
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1117
00:36:49    TRACE    Deep Woods    Local Player (-7600928070256659395) warped from: Forest, to: Woods
00:36:49    TRACE    Deep Woods    OpenPassageInSecretWoods:
00:36:49    TRACE    Deep Woods        Removing tile from building layer at 29, 25.
00:36:49    TRACE    Deep Woods    OpenPassageInSecretWoods done. (Added 0/5 tiles, removed 1/2 tiles, added 0/5 warps.)
00:36:49    ERROR    SMAPI    An error occurred in the overridden draw loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The content file was not found.
 ---> FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Alecto.xnb'.
File name: 'D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Alecto.xnb'
   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream(String safeName) in stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\TitleContainer.Desktop.cs:line 29
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name) in stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\TitleContainer.cs:line 37
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 276
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 289
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject) in stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 319
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 255
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass6_0`1.<LoadExact>b__0() in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 141
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Utilities.ContextHash`1.Track[TResult](T key, Func`1 action) in SMAPI\Framework\Utilities\ContextHash.cs:line 53
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.LoadExact[T](IAssetName assetName, Boolean useCache)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.LoadLocalized[T](IAssetName assetName, LanguageCode language, Boolean useCache) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 152
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 143
   at StardewValley.AnimatedSprite.loadTexture() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\AnimatedSprite.cs:line 163
   at StardewValley.NPC.draw(SpriteBatch b, Single alpha) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 4918
   at DynamicReflections.Framework.Utilities.SpriteBatchToolkit.RenderWaterReflectionNPCs() in C:\Users\Floogen\Documents\GitHub Repos\DynamicReflections\DynamicReflections\Framework\Utilities\SpriteBatchToolkit.cs:line 404
   at DynamicReflections.Framework.Patches.Tiles.LayerPatch.DrawPrefix(Layer __instance, IDisplayDevice displayDevice, Rectangle mapViewport, Location displayOffset, Boolean wrapAround, Int32 pixelZoom) in C:\Users\Floogen\Documents\GitHub Repos\DynamicReflections\DynamicReflections\Framework\Patches\xTile\LayerPatch.cs:line 108
   at xTile.Layers.Layer.Draw_PatchedBy<aedenthorn.ExtraMapLayers__PeacefulEnd.DynamicReflections__PeacefulEnd.FishingTrawler.NewHorizons>(Layer this, IDisplayDevice displayDevice, Rectangle mapViewport, Location displayOffset, Boolean wrapAround, Int32 pixelZoom)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime, RenderTarget2D target_screen)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame._draw(GameTime gameTime, RenderTarget2D target_screen)

================================================================================================================

00:43:37    ERROR    SMAPI    An error occurred in the overridden update loop: InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (3652, 4).
 ---> InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized: name='Mods_blueberry_cac_cookingtool', namespace='', at <toolBeingUpgraded xmlns=''>.
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read97_Tool(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read118_Farmer(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderFarmer.Read119_Farmer()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at Netcode.NetRefBase`2.deserialize(BinaryReader reader, XmlSerializer serializer) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetRef.cs:line 105
   at Netcode.NetRefBase`2.ReadFull(BinaryReader reader, NetVersion version) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetRef.cs:line 220
   at StardewValley.Multiplayer.readFarmer(BinaryReader reader) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Multiplayer.cs:line 863
   at StardewValley.Network.Client.receiveServerIntroduction(BinaryReader msg) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Client.cs:line 279
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SMultiplayer.OnClientProcessingMessage(IncomingMessage message, Action`1 sendMessage, Action resume) in SMAPI\Framework\SMultiplayer.cs:line 330
   at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxyNetClient.onReceiveMessage(GalaxyID peer, Stream messageStream) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\GalaxyNetClient.cs:line 98
   at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxySocket.Receive(Action`1 onConnection, Action`2 onMessage, Action`1 onDisconnect, Action`1 onError) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\GalaxySocket.cs:line 769
   at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxyNetClient.receiveMessagesImpl() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SDKs\GalaxyNetClient.cs:line 63
   at StardewValley.Network.Client.receiveMessages() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Client.cs:line 75
   at StardewValley.Menus.FarmhandMenu.update(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\FarmhandMenu.cs:line 299
   at StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu.update(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\TitleMenu.cs:line 1714
   at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 5470
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4917
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 744
00:43:43    ERROR    SMAPI    An error occurred in the overridden update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.performTenMinuteUpdate(Int32 timeOfDay) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 12050
   at StardewValley.Game1.<>c.<performTenMinuteClockUpdate>b__673_0() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6701
   at MinecartPatcher.MCPModHooks.OnGame1_PerformTenMinuteClockUpdate(Action action) in D:\Code\NewSDV\SDVFactory\MinecartPatcher\MCPModHooks.cs:line 27
   at StardewValley.Multiplayer.processIncomingMessage_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(Multiplayer this, IncomingMessage msg)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SMultiplayer.OnClientProcessingMessage(IncomingMessage message, Action`1 sendMessage, Action resume)
   at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxyNetClient.onReceiveMessage(GalaxyID peer, Stream messageStream)
   at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxySocket.Receive(Action`1 onConnection, Action`2 onMessage, Action`1 onDisconnect, Action`1 onError)
   at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxyNetClient.receiveMessagesImpl()
   at StardewValley.Network.Client.receiveMessages()
   at StardewValley.Menus.FarmhandMenu.update(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu.update(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate)

Overview:
Log 1:

There's seems to be a conflict between the mods Market Day, and Bigger Backpacks.
There's also a DeepWoods error; relating to an NPC schedule.

Log 2:
A Better Chests mod error.
And, then another DeepWoods error. But, there's also an error showing that she doesnt have the Alecto mod installed.
Make sure she installs that.

Log 3:
Lastly, definitely a save error for the upgrading of the Love of Cooking tool. The mod page even has a couple bug reports of this in multiplayer.
There's also some spamming of Minecart Patcher errors toward the end of the log.

--
Y'all may want to make sure you're both on the same versions of those mods. And, try experimenting with temporarily removing some of the mods I mentioned above.
Except for Alecto; that's definitely missing from her Mods directory, and is causing issues.

Blue6erry

Greenhorn
Thank you so much for your help! We actually had a couple of mods that the other didn't have (still managed to have the same number of mods though somehow lol). Alecto is working fine now that she has the mod and we just trashed LoC and Market Day. With all of that being said, I still have a couple of questions for you that you might be able to help solve too.

When we tried to get on (after getting off from a couple of days of no issues), her game was freezing every time she would select her character. I assumed this was because of the SVE cutscene that triggers the night after you give Clint the materials to open up the Summit. I skipped a day and then she was able to log in without issue. Was there a different issue, or was I correct in my assumption?
My log that should cover everything in this post other than her being unable to connect: https://smapi.io/log/2ae48fe0146d4980a1c8a06e79707210
Her logs when trying to join: https://smapi.io/log/5c2bf15c49824bd9be0bab6fc3f8f21b and https://smapi.io/log/c7887027144b4358b44469e27d2c2379

Also, she crashed in the mines again once today https://smapi.io/log/bd9e2bc6c8b14f46948a291e49a9b8be

Thank you so much once again and I really appreciate you helping us out

No prob!

Glad, that fixed most of the issues. On her normal logs; nothing really stands out. It's all just loading up the many, many mods y'all have.
So, I'm not quite sure why it was freezing for her on character select; unless possibly a network issue.
Though it could be potentially be a SDV Expanded cutscene error; I didn't see anything logged for that.

The wiki has some info on chat commands:

One of them being "ping" for a chat command. You can try testing the connection between you two during game.

But, as for your log. The only thing of note that I can tell so far; is I do see a mod called "Let me rest" sending some extra data to her each time she connects.
Nothing broken, but a bit odd.
Code:
17:35:45    TRACE    SMAPI    Received context for farmhand -7600928070256659395 running SMAPI 3.18.2 with 159 mods.
17:35:45    TRACE    game    Approved request for farmhand -7600928070256659395
17:35:45    TRACE    Let Me Rest!    Sending important data to farmhand -7600928070256659395.
And, for her crash. It seems to be an issue with Better Chests again; crashing on the mines due to some ChestFinder code it uses.
Code:
19:33:19    DEBUG    SkullCavernElevator    Value of MineShaft.lowestMineLevel 305
19:33:19    DEBUG    SkullCavernElevator    Value of current mineShaft level 13
19:33:19    TRACE    Visible Fish    Warped to UndergroundMine13
19:33:22    ERROR    Better Chests    This mod failed in the World.ChestInventoryChanged event. Technical details:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.Equals(GameLocation other) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 15474
   at StardewMods.BetterChests.Features.ChestFinder.OnChestInventoryChanged(Object sender, ChestInventoryChangedEventArgs e) in X:\Repos\StardewMods\BetterChests\Features\ChestFinder.cs:line 232
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Events.ManagedEvent`1.Raise(TEventArgs args) in SMAPI\Framework\Events\ManagedEvent.cs:line 101
    repeats 1 times
19:33:22    TRACE    Sound Effect Replacement    Loading dictionary
19:33:22    TRACE    SMAPI    Sound Effect Replacement loaded asset 'sound_effect_replacement_dictionary'.
19:33:25    TRACE    Deep Woods    Local Player (-7600928070256659395) warped from: UndergroundMine13, to: UndergroundMine14
19:33:25    TRACE    Custom Ore Nodes    No custom_ore_nodes.json in mod directory.
Maybe have her try disabling the "Chest Finder" option in the "Better Chests" mod.