Mr Qi level 100 skull caverns quest

hapmsc

Greenhorn
what happens when 2 people enter level 100 of skull caverns at the same time when both have the quest active, do they both get the mr qi cutscene?

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello hapmsc, welcome to the Forums!

I had no issues with this in Splitscreen Co-op on Switch, the cutscene just played at slightly different times on both sides of the screen (because of the difference in time between when we each entered the Floor). I can't think of any reasons why this wouldn't be the case in every scenario.

Hope this helps!

hapmsc

Greenhorn
Hello hapmsc, welcome to the Forums!

I had no issues with this in Splitscreen Co-op on Switch, the cutscene just played at slightly different times on both sides of the screen (because of the difference in time between when we each entered the Floor). I can't think of any reasons why this wouldn't be the case in every scenario.

Hope this helps!
this isnt what i was asking

hapmsc

Greenhorn
I'm a little bit confused then, could you please clarify? In case I wasn't clear, we both still got the Iridium Snake Milk.
me and a friend are playing on a co-op world and when we both got the quest to reach level 100 for mr qi we went to 99 and both entered level 100 at the same time, I recieved the snake milk but my friend was placed into level 100 with a chest, all i wanted to know is - did she get level 100 with a chest because it couldnt let her get the cutscene where you recieve the snake milk BECAUSE i was already in the cutscene myself.

sorry that it was confusing at first i hope you understand that better

Hill Myna

Farmer
me and a friend are playing on a co-op world and when we both got the quest to reach level 100 for mr qi we went to 99 and both entered level 100 at the same time, I recieved the snake milk but my friend was placed into level 100 with a chest, all i wanted to know is - did she get level 100 with a chest because it couldnt let her get the cutscene where you recieve the snake milk BECAUSE i was already in the cutscene myself.

sorry that it was confusing at first i hope you understand that better
Ah, I get it now! Thank you for clarifying. :)

I have no idea why this happened, but I think your reasoning is pretty solid. Other potential reasons might be that maybe they didn't read their mail to receive the 10,000G from Qi's Challenge, or perhaps this issue is related to this other bug? (quote from this page on the wiki)
Bug: Under circumstances which are not clear, it is possible to obtain Secret Note #10 and then read it (on the same game day), yet the saved game files do not record that it was received, nor read, and the quest is not added to the Journal. The game may behave as designed the next time the player gets Secret Note #10.
If you're still on the same day, then I would recommend restarting it (exit to title and then load the world again). If you're playing on PC, then you can even go back to the previous day. However if you've already played more than this, they might have to go back down there again to get it to work, however there is no guarantee that this would fix it.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is much else that you can do, unless you're on PC and want to dabble with save-file editing. :(

If you have the time, I would recommend writing a detailed bug report in the Help & Bug Reports section, as this is how the devs keep track of issues that people are having. Useful information to include would be platform, in-game date, and game version (you can find this out by clicking on the ? on the title screen and scrolling to the bottom).

Hope this helps!

hapmsc

Greenhorn
yeah thanks for the help, we are on pc and are well past it but it was quite annoying to get there again and i will for sure right a bug report just so the devs are aware

thanks again

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You’re friend probably didn’t have the prerequisites.

If they did it’s probably a bug, you should see if they already have the health boost but skipped the cutscene