More storage in Kitchen Fridge!!

Leavo

Planter
I support this! I have 2 fridges full with ingredients, then 2 chests full with prepared food in the kitchen which I also don't like the look of (and also more ingredients and other dishes elsewhere!).

Or at least include different looking min fridges. I would suggest a mini fridge design, a wine cabinet, pantry, deep freezer and a cupboard. That way if the space isn't increased at least you could get nicer looking furniture. Heck keep them being mini fridges but give you the color selector to change types

But bigger than your backpack would be a great idea for all chest

imnvs

Local Legend
I mean, to be fair, you can buy more fridges. A fully upgraded house can fit 6 additional fridges without it looking weird (1 next to the original, 2 in the gap west of there, 3 in the gap in the southwest corner of the kitchen), and this is my usual setup once I've reached the point I can afford and need them.

Having a little more space in each would be nice, though I'm not sure it is necessary.

Leavo

Planter
I mean, to be fair, you can buy more fridges. A fully upgraded house can fit 6 additional fridges without it looking weird (1 next to the original, 2 in the gap west of there, 3 in the gap in the southwest corner of the kitchen), and this is my usual setup once I've reached the point I can afford and need them.

Having a little more space in each would be nice, though I'm not sure it is necessary.
This was a forehead smacking moment. As one of the people who complained (mildly!) about the appearance of storage bins in my kitchen, after reading this, I remembered I had an extra fridge IN one of my storage bins....I went and bought 6 more, am much happier, thank you.
:blush:

Stephtacular

Greenhorn

you're right! I currently use 4 fridges and have 2 more in a chest and they get the job done, but I just don't like the appearance of having multiple fridges in my kitchen, I would like just one fridge with plenty of space for all my cooking ingredients :smile:

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
I'd settle for just being able to access all of 'em when you open any one of them! More space in each one would be nice, but if I had to choose, I'd rather have a giant common storage area that you can access from any fridge; perhaps you could set it up so that it worked like the backpack, and rather than getting more refrigerators, you just expand the space in the existing one.

Leavo

Planter
you're right! I currently use 4 fridges and have 2 more in a chest and they get the job done, but I just don't like the appearance of having multiple fridges in my kitchen, I would like just one fridge with plenty of space for all my cooking ingredients :smile:
I switched things around so I ended up with 8 (!) fridges in the kitchen, but I got it down to 6...totally normal state of affairs!

Odin

Staff member
As someone with 3 mini-fridges in their farmhouse, I'd definitely like a way to upgrade the main fridge somehow to get a bit more storage space!

Merrien

Greenhorn
Agreed. Even if you have to pay for a space upgrade via Robin or whatever makes sense, would totally do this.

Leavo

Planter
Rather than having more room in the fridge, I would love to be able to use the cabinets. I've got so much stuff in my fridge that I would normally store in the cabinet--flour, vinegar, wine, potatoes, garlic, and on and on and on . . .
Oh man, the cabinets! I love this idea!

LukaPawzFarm

Cowpoke
Rather than having more room in the fridge, I would love to be able to use the cabinets. I've got so much stuff in my fridge that I would normally store in the cabinet--flour, vinegar, wine, potatoes, garlic, and on and on and on . . .
I loved the idea of storaging things in the cabinets!
Someone should make a mod for this!

I haven't played SDV in a while so....Does one see all the stuff at once that's stored in fridges which stand side by side?
If not there could be a possibility to see it at once - similar to the function of the workbench. Maybe with an upgraded bigger fridge!?

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I haven't played SDV in a while so....Does one see all the stuff at once that's stored in fridges which stand side by side?
If not there could be a possibility to see it at once - similar to the function of the workbench. Maybe with an upgraded bigger fridge!?
You have to open each fridge one by one to access the contents. However, if you go up to the kitchen counter, anything in any fridge is made available for cooking.

I find the arrangement annoying enough that I just don't cook much. That is, whenever I want to restock an item, I have to remember which fridge I store it in. Ugh.