More NPC Roommates as friends instead of marriage

Krystal

Tiller
Hello. I appreciate that the game allows you to romance eligible npcs at your own pace. Sometimes I don't want to to focus on romance but I still would love my favorite characters to come live with me as platonic roommates. Krobus is basically our only choice right now (that's not bad), I just really want closeness with other characters in non-romantic ways. This includes the bachelors/bachelorettes, Linus, the Dwarf, and other gift-receiving NPCS who aren't married. And you can still get your Stardrop without being married.

I like the idea of more roommate options, too. However, I don't think every non-married adult NPC should be an option.

It's set up very clearly that Linus likes his lifestyle (he even mentions being worried you were going to offer for him to move onto your farm at one point), so I don't think he should be an option. Willy, Gus, Clint, Harvey, and Marnie all have apartments/rooms in their shops that would be weird to leave. Abigail and Penny both live off their parents, so it doesn't make sense that they could move out on their own without the benefit of marriage. The Wizard has his own stuff going on and I can't see why he'd want to move in with the farmer. Haley or Shane could really go either way, I think.

Sam, Sebastian, Maru, and Emily would be perfect for this. They each have jobs (that they should keep after becoming a roommate since they aren't theoretically going to be taking care of the house and potential children) and most express a want or at least a consideration to move out. Elliot mentions that he's living off his savings and running low on funds before his book sells, so I suppose it could make sense for him to want to split the bills with someone. I don't remember how Leah pays the bills, but I would expect her to be struggling at least a little with how long it takes her to start selling her art, so that would make sense too. Sandy makes comments about missing the Valley and the farm is right by the bus she'd need to take to get to work. The Dwarf I imagine would be similar to Krobus.

I don't know how one asks Krobus to leave if they decide to get married, but I think there'd have to be some sort of eviction option should the farmer choose marriage after having a roommate to free up the spouse room and outdoor space. Should the roommate space be slightly larger to include a bed or doorway (that is remarked on as leading to a bedroom), or should the farmer be expected to provide a bedroom for the roommate?

Krystal

Tiller
I was mostly thinking Sandy, the Dwarf and Linus when I mentioned non-married npcs. I wasn't necessarily picturing characters who sell items. I get what you're saying about Linus though. I think Abigail and Penny would still be fine because they could help me work on the farm if they wanted to, but I think there's more than one way to look at their narratives rather than "living off their parents". Both characters also have mentioned a liking to the farm in some form or another.