more npc reactions

joie

Greenhorn
i love the dating/marriage aspect of the game but i feel like the npcs should react more to relationships. when i gave sam a bouquet, vincent and jodi didn’t react at all which made it feel unrealistic. a reaction example would be jodi saying something along the lines of “be sure to keep sam out of trouble” or if you started dating shane, marnie could say “i’m glad he has someone looking out for him”.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I like this idea and it would add a nice additional layer of immersion but unfortunately it may feel empty for a few characters for whom you won't have much of, if any, friends/close family to get the reactions from:

Elliot
Leah
Emily
Haley
Alex
Sebastian (in-character, he's less social)

but most of all...

Harvey :harvey:

Related: The game's not going to let you get away with something so wonderful as marrying Penny without hearing it in both positive and negative ways from Pam, so there is precedent for your idea.

In this way, like Anakin, Pam exists to bring balance to the Force.

PS: I originally mistyped banance for balance. I think this is internal editor knowing better than me, as Pam is definitely greater parts banance
than balance.

:pam:

joie

Greenhorn
I like this idea and it would add a nice additional layer of immersion but unfortunately it may feel empty for a few characters for whom you won't have much of, if any, friends/close family to get the reactions from:

Elliot
Leah
Emily
Haley
Alex
Sebastian (in-character, he's less social)

but most of all...

Harvey :harvey:

Related: The game's not going to let you get away with something so wonderful as marrying Penny without hearing it in both positive and negative ways from Pam, so there is precedent for your idea.

In this way, like Anakin, Pam exists to bring balance to the Force.

PS: I originally mistyped banance for balance. I think this is internal editor knowing better than me, as Pam is definitely greater parts banance
than balance.

i totally agree. maybe for some characters that don’t have many close friends or family there could be a bit of town gossip? like with harvey, maru could’ve overheard him talking about a relationship at the clinic. love the star wars reference btw

Quirinea

Farmer
One thing is (I know someone has made a mod for this) that other NPC:s don't even seem to recognize that you are married! In many of my playthroughs I haven't married at all, and now I married a person from a mod, so I don't know if that affects it (nope, I presume, as I have seen all the text files of the game as I've been translating), and the singles talk to me like they consider me a spouse candidate still.
Actually it would be nice if the "heart meter" for the singles would unlock after you marry someone (i.e. you could get the meter up to ten). Or the other way round: all characters could always get to ten and the dating and marriage hearts would come on top of that. At least it would make it easier to follow how you get friendship. As the villager list is in descending order of friendship. Once you start to have eight or more hearts, it gets in "disorder". You get some people at full ten hearts, then some people with nine, and after that those singles who you have eight hearts, that is full...
I'm monogamous even in a game: I date only one NPC.