Community, or Joja?

• Community ^_^

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Joja o_0

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

HaleyRocks

Farmer
After finding out what I found out yesterday, I thought of this thread and decided to share this here too.

If you go the Joja Route and are playing Ridgeside Village, then there will be one eligible bachlorette who will never marry you because she despises Joja so much.

View attachment 24624

At least someone is outspoken enough to stand up for their beliefs against Joja, much to the chagrin of my character. Abigail and Sophia could learn a thing or two from this chick (but they don't)!

She also seems to be written up as some sort of a mirror character to those players who would say to Penny "I don't quite feel the same way about you" during her 10-heart event, in that similarly to how those players end up leading Penny on up until her 10-heart event (through Penny's eyes), this person does accept a Bouquet from the farmer (even when they have completed the Joja route) when they are at 8 hearts with her to lead them on into thinking that it might be possible to one day totally be together with her. However, I suspect that the writer of Ridgeside Village made her do this so that regardless of which route the player takes, it would be possible to unlock a special item that would only be obtainable by reaching 10 hearts with this particular character.
Who is Kiara...?

chaskuchar

Planter
i avoided fishing in all my previous games. however, i got the xbox one controller working with the pc so i could do 1.6 now. i was level 8 fishing before the end of year one and completed the fishing bundle. i am on spring 2 and just need 3 apples, blue shroom and fiddle head fern to complete the community center. i was lucky to get a prismatic shard from the meteorite that landed in my yard. playing meadowland farm .

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I kept a save back-up, just before making the decision. Am going to keep it just in case, when i buy the steam version, to immediately unlock the achievements, without another full playthrough.

Went Joja again; seems to be pretty fail-safe. Plus, i really need 4 (four!) autopetters and certainly, i cannot rely on RNG and prayers for them.

I kept a save back-up, just before making the decision. Am going to keep it just in case, when i buy the steam version, to immediately unlock the achievements, without another full playthrough.

Went Joja again; seems to be pretty fail-safe. Plus, i really need 4 (four!) autopetters and certainly, i cannot rely on RNG and prayers for them.
Well, you could always decide to live, eat, and breathe Skull Caverns until you get however many you need

That's IF you ever change your mind about going Joja... :toothy:

HaleyRocks

Farmer
Autopetters are not as good as petting each of your fluffy/feathery/scaly friends each and every day, though.
I'd love to do just that, but in this game, running out of time is as big an issue, as in real life, really :'(

There is simply no time to do HALF the things of those you wanted/needed/planned, when the day's already over...

(and poor, poor animals are early sleepers)

Lew Zealand

Helper
OK! Let's take these in order.

Autopetters are not as good as petting each of your fluffy/feathery/scaly friends each and every day, though.
Yes! But my arms are too short to reach from the bed, under this shady tree, on the Beach...

No, not on their own, they're only marginally better than half as good as manual petting. But, if you do have an auto-petter, you can actually stack the mood points it gives with the manual petting, so overall they'll be happier
Something to take advantage of but I'm too lazy to do that. But! Laziness gives us the opportunity to test this out. What's the outcome of only Autopetting if your Animals are already at 5 :heart: ? (see below)

I'd love to do just that, but in this game, running out of time is as big an issue, as in real life, really :'(

There is simply no time to do HALF the things of those you wanted/needed/planned, when the day's already over...

(and poor, poor animals are early sleepers)
The first step towards enlightenment is realization that there isn't enough time in the day. This is CA telling you that since you cannot do it all, you should do it minimal.

You really need to channel your inner lew
Ommmmmmm........

The second step towards enlightenment is acknowledging that 'needed' is instead 'wanted'. Transcend your needs and reduce your wants.

The third step is to explore minimalism. You want g to buy things but only buy what makes you happy. Because the rest will make you excessively busy (lol redundant) and less happy. If you want a thing in the game then grow/buy/make that thing and don't make any more. Put or hide it away if it's direct function is merely 'nice' or a 'convenience' and not a necessity. Min/max is a dirty word unless it's about your free time.

Examples
• I have removed all but 1 Pig and almost down to 1 Dinosaur. I don't waste time chasing Truffles and for the Dinos, I have a Shipping Bin right next to the AutoGrabber in the Coop for it's Eggs. I'll check the Coop about once a week and process the Golden Eggs in 16 Mayo Makers lined up at the bottom but only when I remember or feel like it.
• Same goes for the Barn, check once a week or so to process some Cheese and Ostrich Eggs and grab the Wool for Emily's Shop. Haven't even made more machines in there so I'm "behind' on that but it doesn't matter.
• Ignore Fish Ponds unless they produce Cinder Shards or Bananas or Amethyst, etc. The value of Ponds is those special and fun treats, not the Roe.
• Reduce Farm size. I'm down to 96 tiles, takes about 90 game minutes 9x/year to manage, less than a full day of Farm work a year.

• And Autopetters. Can't really completely ignore the Barn and Coop without these. Above I mentioned explore minimalism and here's another way: I stopped petting my animals in Spring and it's beginning of Fall now. All are still at full :heart: though they are producing variable quality goods, mostly :goldstar: and :iristar: with some :silverstar:. This is not a concern as those goods are mostly processed and the g differences are dwarfed by the ease of bulk processing Crops in Jars and Kegs. You can safely Autopet animals as a time saver as the time saved very much outweighs the small loss in g.

Of course if petting your bunbuns like @MogBeoulve is an integral part of your happy game experience then by all means do this and that's the point. You spend time wisely elsewhere to create time for the good things.

Last edited:

HaleyRocks

Farmer

Yes! But my arms are too short to reach from the bed, under this shady tree, on the Beach...

Something to take advantage of but I'm too lazy to do that. But! Laziness gives us the opportunity to test this out. What's the outcome of only Autopetting if your Animals are already at 5 :heart: ? (see below)

The first step towards enlightenment is realization that there isn't enough time in the day. This is CA telling you that since you cannot do it all, you should do it minimal.

Ommmmmmm........

The second step towards enlightenment is acknowledging that 'needed' is instead 'wanted'. Transcend your needs and reduce your wants.

The third step is to explore minimalism. You want g to buy things but only buy what makes you happy. Because the rest will make you excessively busy (lol redundant) and less happy. If you want a thing in the game then grow/buy/make that thing and don't make any more. Put or hide it away if it's direct function is merely 'nice' or a 'convenience' and not a necessity. Min/max is a dirty word unless it's about your free time.

Examples
• I have removed all but 1 Pig and almost down to 1 Dinosaur. I don't waste time chasing Truffles and for the Dinos, I have a Shipping Bin right next to the AutoGrabber in the Coop for it's Eggs. I'll check the Coop about once a week and process the Golden Eggs in 16 Mayo Makers lined up at the bottom but only when I remember or feel like it.
• Same goes for the Barn, check once a week or so to process some Cheese and Ostrich Eggs and grab the Wool for Emily's Shop. Haven't even made more machines in there so I'm "behind' on that but it doesn't matter.
• Ignore Fish Ponds unless they produce Cinder Shards or Bananas or Amethyst, etc. The value of Ponds is those special and fun treats, not the Roe.
• Reduce Farm size. I'm down to 96 tiles, takes about 90 game minutes 9x/year to manage, less than a full day of Farm work a year.

• And Autopetters. Can't really completely ignore the Barn and Coop without these. Above I mentioned explore minimalism and here's another way: I stopped petting my animals in Spring and it's beginning of Fall now. All are still at full :heart: though they are producing variable quality goods, mostly :goldstar: and :iristar: with some :silverstar:. This is not a concern as those goods are mostly processed and the g differences are dwarfed by the ease of bulk processing Crops in Jars and Kegs. You can safely Autopet animals as a time saver as the time saved very much outweighs the small loss in g.

Of course if petting your bunbuns like @MogBeoulve is an integral part of your happy game experience then by all means do this and that's the point. You spend time wisely elsewhere to create time for the good things.
I need only the basics. A mere 2 coops and 2 barns, nothing too extravagant or fancy!

My animal friends, are:

2 Brown Chickens
2 White Chickens
2 Blue Chickens
2 Void Chickens
4 Golden Chickens
4 Ducks
4 Dinosaurs
4 Rabbits

4 White Cows
4 Brown Cows
4 Goats
2 Sheep
6 Pigs
4 Ostriches

MogBeoulve

Farmer
No, not on their own, they're only marginally better than half as good as manual petting. But, if you do have an auto-petter, you can actually stack the mood points it gives with the manual petting, so overall they'll be happier
True, though they only give you a smiley face response instead of a heart, which is simply just not as cute.

And Autopetters. Can't really completely ignore the Barn and Coop without these. Above I mentioned explore minimalism and here's another way: I stopped petting my animals in Spring and it's beginning of Fall now. All are still at full :heart: though they are producing variable quality goods, mostly :goldstar: and :iristar: with some :silverstar:. This is not a concern as those goods are mostly processed and the g differences are dwarfed by the ease of bulk processing Crops in Jars and Kegs. You can safely Autopet animals as a time saver as the time saved very much outweighs the small loss in g.
How interesting! I thought the friendship decay would be substantially faster. But it looks like you could easily get away with manual petting only as much as once every other month, perhaps even less frequently.

LRangerR

Local Legend

Ommmmmmm........

Examples

Truly, words of wisdom have been shined upon us

Lew Zealand

Helper
I forgot about an important addition until playing just now!

Just to complete the animinimalism playthrough, I also left the Coop and Barn doors open while doing the 2 season (and counting) Autopetter test and in v1.6 this fails to get the small mood boost (in v1.5 and earlier this didn't affect your animals unless it was raining the next day or Winter). Yes the Animals were still producing pretty good quality products. We'll see how long it takes for this to decay to zero or if it starts gaining in the Winter as...

well

I guess I'll probably remember. You know...

to close the Coop and Barn just that one time all year. If I have to.

But butbut then I need to remember to open it again in Spring.

That's it, I quit.