Issue Monster musk recipe not appearing (SVE and other mods)

Minilee

Newcomer
Hi! I am having an issue with my mail disappearing. I completed the Prismatic Jelly quest and woke up the next morning to get the monster musk recipe from my mail, but when I tried to read it it just disappeared with no letter popping up. I also checked my crafting menu and the monster musk was not there. I play stardew valley modded with a total of 65 mods. SVE is one of them. I thought it might have something to do with the mods that I had recently installed so I removed everything from the mods folder except SVE and all the mods that it needed to work along with Granpa's Farm folder. That did not help. The mail still disappeared without showing me anything. I'm assuming that the mail that's disappearing is the one with the monster musk recipe. I don't want to continue to the next day in case it is. I'm not really sure what's wrong and would love some help since I don't know how any of this works lol.

Edit: I messed around with the code a little and managed to "fix" it kinda. I tried a bunch of stuff but none of it worked at first. I fixed this issue for the most part by just adding the monster musk recipe manually to <craftingrecipe> inside of my save file(do this to both the save file with your characters name and the savegameinfo file otherwise it crashes). The mail will still be there and still disappear but at least I have the recipe now. If you are also having this issue with a mail disappearing that is supposed to have a recipe in it you can just manually add the recipe inside the code by opening your save file, finding <craftingrecipe> code, and adding the monster musk recipe at the bottom right before </craftingrecipe>. Just copy and paste what you see done with the other recipes and change the name to monster musk or whatever recipe you need. :)

Last edited: