Question Mods that make automating farming possible?

Cadwyn

Tiller
I know there are chests that can collect objects fallen off the ground, but that's all I know of at the moment. I've been very interested in trying to make an automated farm. Everyone knows you can set up sprinklers, so that's not an issue for watering. But I don't know of a way to automate harvesting crops, or even planting crops. If anyone is very knowledgeable with the nexus in terms of automation mods, can you throw them here?

Well, I couldn't tell you as far as mods go, but there is an endgame building called the Junimo Hut that will harvest your crops for you within a certain area. There is probably someone who knows of a mod for you, I just thought that I would mention that there are vanilla methods of at least making this partially possible.

Cadwyn

Tiller
Well, I couldn't tell you as far as mods go, but there is an endgame building called the Junimo Hut that will harvest your crops for you within a certain area. There is probably someone who knows of a mod for you, I just thought that I would mention that there are vanilla methods of at least making this partially possible.
Aren't those huts very limited though?

Odin

Staff member
Aren't those huts very limited though?
I'm not sure I'd say "very", but they have some limits, yes. They harvest crops in a certain area around them, and they won't harvest crops when it's raining. They also won't harvest crops grown from wild seeds, anything in a garden pot, or any giant crops.

It sounds like you might be interested in one or both of these mods:

Cadwyn

Tiller
I'm not sure I'd say "very", but they have some limits, yes. They harvest crops in a certain area around them, and they won't harvest crops when it's raining. They also won't harvest crops grown from wild seeds, anything in a garden pot, or any giant crops.

well this looks like it could work, very cool.

Cadwyn

Tiller
I guess the junimos own those crops now.

If the player harvests a crop at the same time as a Junimo, it will softlock the game

Cadwyn

Tiller

am curious I haven't made junimo huts before, but can you just have as many of them as you want on the farm?

Odin

Staff member
one more question, will junimo's be alright in multi player?
Based on the type of mod, I would guess other people would also need to install these mods to play on your farm. But if everyone has the mod, it should work fine!