Implemented Modify "Help & Bug Reports" forum title to something like "Help & Bug Reports (Non-modded)"?

Unfortunately, there's a lot of highly modded game bug reports in the Help & Bug Reports forum, which I see in its forum rules is for vanilla, non-mod-related problems (those belonging in the mod support forum). I think this is an easy mistake for new folks to make potentially because they may review Rules & FAQ and think they're done, and many forum softwares have global rules, where a single set of rules applies to and appears in all forums, so users may not think to read different rules for every different forum). Plus being in a hurry, excitement/urgency about getting a problem solved, plus skimming behavior, not just reading, etc.

Perhaps one easy way to help prevent this, might be to add it right to the forum title (since users have to read that in order to find the right forum)? So, maybe this is adding some immediate and explicit clue like one of the following:

"Help & Bug Reports (No Mods)"
"Help & Bug Reports (Non-modded)"
"Help & Bug Reports (Non-mod-related) - though it seems half the time people claim stuff isn't related to mods it turns out to be related to mods.
"Non-Modded, Help & Bug Reports"

Perhaps it might be useful to modify that forum's short description to reflect this also? So maybe from:
"Is there a problem with your game or you've noticed something that should be fixed? Let us know in here!"

To:

"Is there a problem (not mod-related) or something in the game that should be fixed? Let us know in here!"

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
I just wanted to mention that if you do see a thread in the wrong section, you can always use the report feature to bring it to our attention! Hopefully the updated section name will help cut down on the issue though.