Mobile needs some attention

StardewAndrew

Newcomer
Dear ConcernedApe, I loved the game so much on PC that I bought it on mobile. But the controls are weird and the the app is too far outdated to let me run my farm that i transferred from my Mac to my iPad. Soooooo 3/5 ⭐ here’s why:

I would rate five stars but I have taken one star off for no controller or mouse and keyboard support on mobile. I play a lot of games on my iPad and almost all of them have M&K or controller support. Please pleas address this.

The other star is the lack of updates. If we could get an update to 1.5.6 I could keep playing on my old farm! Currently I am unable to play because I do not own a desktop or laptop anymore and my iPad is my main computing/gaming device.

I hope I did not come across us ungrateful. The game is a work of art, I just want to see it be everything it can be on the platform. Thanks guys!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Mobile has controller support, I’ve played it with a controller, probably just your iPad apple side rather than the game. The whole game is getting updated in less than a week as well so you’re a bit late on the bandwagon.

Odin

Staff member
Mobile has controller support, I’ve played it with a controller, probably just your iPad apple side rather than the game.
It seems like part of their request was for keyboard and mouse support as well, which I have seen others make requests for. It's a lot more common to use an iPad with a keyboard now and it has also gained mouse and trackpad support in the last few years.

StardewAndrew

Newcomer
Thanks for all the replies. Yes I did try controller again last night and it worked okay. No issues with the game, just not as comfortable with controller as mouse and keyboard. The update is coming! That’s good to know! And I do hope that that lets me play my farm from PC. It really was nice… Thanks for the help guys!

StardewAndrew

Newcomer
Mobile has controller support, I’ve played it with a controller, probably just your iPad apple side rather than the game. The whole game is getting updated in less than a week as well so you’re a bit late on the bandwagon.
With all due respect I did look for threads related to an update before I posted

Odin

Staff member
I'm not sure if the update has improved input support, but the 1.5 content is now available on mobile! You should now be able to transfer your farm between your Mac and iPad.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I'm not sure if the update has improved input support, but the 1.5 content is now available on mobile! You should now be able to transfer your farm between your Mac and iPad.
You can even transfer from iPad to windows with ease as long as the operating system runs on iOS13 or above, below that and it’s close to impossible. I spent a couple dozen hours trying to transfer hundreds of hours of gaming from my old iPad to computer and it was impossible.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It doesn't work using iTunes on Windows? I don't have an iOS device on an old OS to test it myself.
Itunes no longer supports apps, you have to download an older version which is incredibly buggy and doesn't allow you to log in, because of this, the old OS doesn't recognize it and stops you from downloading files.

It's an utter mess tbh