iOS Mobile (iOS) Help

Nsarah1d

Newcomer
Is anyone else on mobile (iOS) having issues with save files deleting themselves? I’ve had it happen three or four times now. They’re always ones I’m at least four years into, and one I’d reached perfection. Next time I logged in, it had disappeared completely. I’ve tried sending emails to the official email address but gotten no reply. It’s frustrating to lose so much progress!

philodygmn

Greenhorn
Check your iCloud settings, it could be the case that if sync is on for the Stardew app your device is trying to sync but never has the time to complete that operation in the background, then next boot-up it has to match what’s in the cloud and *poof* Just a guess, I hope it’s helpful. Not sure what else if that’s not it.

For what it’s worth, I’ve played Stardew on iOS since 2017 with an iPod Touch then iPadOS since 2019 on a regular size iPad and never suffered erasure.

Personally I save periodic backups manually to my device outside of the Stardew app’s folder via the Files app. You could also use Files to place the Stardew app’s farm folder onto your iCloud Drive yourself separately from the automated iCloud sync that you can toggle in the OS Settings app.

Last edited:

Nsarah1d

Newcomer
Check your iCloud settings, it could be the case that if sync is on for the Stardew app your device is trying to sync but never has the time to complete that operation in the background, then next boot-up it has to match what’s in the cloud and *poof* Just a guess, I hope it’s helpful. Not sure what else if that’s not it.

For what it’s worth, I’ve played Stardew on iOS since 2017 with an iPod Touch then iPadOS since 2019 on a regular size iPad and never suffered erasure.

Personally I save periodic backups manually to my device outside of the Stardew app’s folder via the Files app. You could also use Files to place the Stardew app’s farm folder onto your iCloud Drive yourself separately from the automated iCloud sync that you can toggle in the OS Settings app.
Thank you! I’ll try anything at this point honestly. It’s so frustrating, and the first couple times I assumed it was me being stupid. But then it happened again and I was very frustrated. I’ll try those!

wildandblue

Sodbuster
Such a good suggestion. I do the same thing after every quit. The farm save folder is copyable, but the enclosing SDV folder is not. Once the farm folder is selected, the option is to Move but it actually just copies it.