Misc suggestions

Calanight

Greenhorn
I have been playing the switch version of Stardew Valley. I just wanted to post some ideas to implement in at least the console versions if not the game as a whole. I am sure some of these will be repeats of suggestions from others.

1) MODS - seeing as how you can’t mod the console versions of the game, there should be a way to download mods as free dlc.

2) Farm cave - Ability to switch between fruit bats and mushrooms.

3) Spouse - Ability to change their outfits, more date spots other then movie theater. I.E. go to a concert, camping, going out to eat at a restaurant together perhaps in the city.

4) Eggs - Ability to make pickled eggs

5) Locations - Ability to go to more islands and Zuzu city.

6) Arcade games - difficulty toggle. Way too difficult to beat games to earn arcade cabinets for my farm.

7) Time - switch time flow between really slow to really fast. I often wish I could really slow down time to get more done in a day, especially when in the skull cavern etc.

8) Green house - be able to purchase more green houses after first one is restored.

9) Community center - Be able to do stuff there, no reason to visit after restoration. Would love to see it used more. I.E. weddings, parties and other activities.

10) Children - Ability to do more with them. Also, grow to school age and give them schedules to interact with the other children, go to the library/museum with the others.

11) Special days - Player birthday, wedding anniversary, childrens birthdays

12) More decoration items - gaming consoles as well as other decorations that the npc’s have in their homes.

13) House - Another upgrade to add a bathroom and move bedrooms to another floor.

14) Stable - upgrade to accommodate more mounts or ability to build individual stables for different mounts. I.E. Ostrich

I think I will stop here for now.

Lew Zealand

Helper
People have been asking for a lot of these feature additions for a while now and since CA is developing a new game, it doesn't seem likely that any major additions will be made to Stardew Valley. Though I would love to be wrong about this! Maybe they take breaks from Haunted Chocolatier to polish and add to Stardew Valley.

However #4.

Pickled Eggs. Yeah, I don't remember seeing a request for that yet so kudos for a new suggestion!

I have been playing the switch version of Stardew Valley. I just wanted to post some ideas to implement in at least the console versions if not the game as a whole. I am sure some of these will be repeats of suggestions from others.

1) MODS - seeing as how you can’t mod the console versions of the game, there should be a way to download mods as free dlc.

3) Spouse - Ability to change their outfits, more date spots other then movie theater. I.E. go to a concert, camping, going out to eat at a restaurant together perhaps in the city.

6) Arcade games - difficulty toggle. Way too difficult to beat games to earn arcade cabinets for my farm.

7) Time - switch time flow between really slow to really fast. I often wish I could really slow down time to get more done in a day, especially when in the skull cavern etc.

8) Green house - be able to purchase more green houses after first one is restored.

9) Community center - Be able to do stuff there, no reason to visit after restoration. Would love to see it used more. I.E. weddings, parties and other activities.

10) Children - Ability to do more with them. Also, grow to school age and give them schedules to interact with the other children, go to the library/museum with the others.

12) More decoration items - gaming consoles as well as other decorations that the npc’s have in their homes.

13) House - Another upgrade to add a bathroom and move bedrooms to another floor.

14) Stable - upgrade to accommodate more mounts or ability to build individual stables for different mounts. I.E. Ostrich

I like all of these ideas, but as @Lew Zealand said, it just isn't very likely that we'll get any more big updates to the game. I would love to be wrong, but once again, like Lew Zealand said he's got his new game to worry about. I definitely like the pickled eggs thing a lot too.

FairyRing

Farmer
I like the more date night options. Or be able to invite your spouse to join you somewhere like Ginger Island or the mines. I'd like to go to my Ginger Island farm without neglecting my spouse. It would be awesome if they'd stay a few days with me.

Nintendo hates mods, basically. Doesn't matter what CA wants, this won't happen. CA doesn't develop the mods, and the Switch doesn't support optional content packages, so this won't ever be a thing, fair warning.

I also would love this. While unlikely to be implemented, having it as an option would be cool.

Would also love this, but very difficult to implement practically speaking. Think about what that would look like from a coding and pathing perspective. You'd need some ability to put them into "follow" mode, and then once done, they'd just follow you around, hanging out behind you instead of with you. I don't think this is realistic, unfortunately.

Heck yes! I love pickled eggs, I'd be all about this.

I think this is also basically impossible. Then again I would have never predicted Ginger Island. That said, the development time required for an expansion of that magnitude is huge. Personally I'm happy with the free content released which would have been a full expansion pack with any other developer or game.

I totally get it, and sympathize. I don't personally want this but it doesn't seem excessively difficult to code, I'd be surprised if a mod at minimum couldn't do this.

Again this exists already, as a mod. Most of the time management exploits have been patched, so it's clear CA wants time management to be part of the challenge of the game. As such this won't happen in Vanilla. However, get the game on PC (doesn't have to be a great PC) and this is totally doable.

Ginger Island serves the same purpose, largely. Between that and the first one, it's clear CA wants that kind of effect (farming which operates outside of the seasonal rotations) to be a gameplay reward, not just something which is purchased. Plus, what would the cost be for it? No matter how high it was, it would be too cheap for how much of a benefit it would provide, I don't think you'll ever see this baseline. There are mods though for bigger greenhouses.

The villagers use it after it's built. As far as weddings, no one gets married other than your character. Parties could be a thing, it would be cool if you could intermittently (say once a week or something) tag something so that folks who like you show up the next day at the community center for a party, ideally with them doing character-appropriate things. Very unlikely to be seen because of the developmental resources required, but I personally love this idea. As far as other activities, it would be neat if each of the completed rooms had something interactive within them. The Crafts room could allow you to sew if you've unlocked it. The Pantry could let you cook. The Vault could offer massive storage capabilities in it. Ah well. Maybe next game.

The trouble with this is why then are Jas and Vincent not growing? Recognition of the passage of time and allowing children to grow up is a bigger deal than it may first seem to be, with widespread implications.

Agreed.

We already have a ton, and mods offer more. There's no limit to how many cosmetics may exist, but for that very reason I'd be against devoting development resources to throwing more of them out there for the few folks who can't use mods and want to use them. My opinion of course, but that's how I see it.

There are no bathrooms anywhere, and your character never needs to use one, nor does anyone else. That makes it very clear to me that biologically, people in this world don't use the bathroom at all. Moving the bedrooms, you can always move where the bed is. For a long time mine was in my kitchen.

Same deal, an Ostrich would just be a horse with a different skin on it. Get it on the PC so you can get mods!

My feedback on the suggestions is above. Just my opinion, I'm no developer and certainly not the developer of the game, but that's how I see it. Thanks for caring enough about the game to want to see it improve! Though I don't agree with everything it's still pretty cool. My 2 cents, if and when you can, get an older computer, and then get it for PC and get mods for it. You'll get a TON of mileage out of doing so, as you'll have half or more of these ideas implemented in there and you can take advantage of all the hours countless others have poured into the game as well.

Tukis J

Sodbuster

All of these are great suggestions! maybe one greenhouse is enough they are kind off broken anyway and there is the island farm as well, plus the player can put pots as well, I really love the idea of the players birthday! :proud: Also the stable upgrade is such a fun idea It would be amazing to ride an ostrish!

Last edited: