Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

thalietalily

Newcomer
a lot of hair mods that i installed in the naver stardew cafe forum came as just .png files(or just xnb files), and idk how to put them in my game ;v; when i usually install hair mods they come with xnb files etc, but the naver hairs only comes in a single .png file and i dont have idea what to do :,c !so how can i put them in my game?

elize2701

Newcomer
Does anyone else get ""strings/StringsFromMaps/Grandpa's " when trying to interact with the shrine on this map?
Does anyone else get ""strings/StringsFromMaps/Grandpa's " when trying to interact with the shrine on this map?
I use this mod and for me it says the exact same thing. I don't know how to fix and if someone could explain and help that would be greatly appreciated!

elize2701

Newcomer
Here's White Water Farm, a river farm map replacement by Meevers. This includes all variants; see the README.txt for help changing which one is applied. I let the author know about the conversion in case they want to release it (or want me to remove it).

Changes since 1.1.1-unofficial.2:
  • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.5. (Note: it's updated for compatibility, but the shipping bin and greenhouse aren't updated to handle being movable currently.)
  • Simplified using newer Content Patcher features.
Hi I use this map right now and whenever I visit grandpa's shrine it says this "strings/StringsFromMaps/Grandpa's". I don't know if this should be a concern or not.

NightmareNCB

Cowpoke
Hi I use this map right now and whenever I visit grandpa's shrine it says this "strings/StringsFromMaps/Grandpa's". I don't know if this should be a concern or not.
Does anything crash or not load? And is it after you have gotten to the year 4 appraisal? Could be that.

I would assume thats just it running the string from within the file for grandpa's grave.

tiehu

Newcomer
From machine translation:

I've looked at the documentation and tried to convert an XNB mod to a Content Patcher mod. Before Posting it, I have a few small questions:

1. Do I need permission from the original author to publish it?

2. How do I fill in "Author" in manifest.json if the mod Author and Uploaded are not the same person?

3. How do I fill in "Version", "UpdateKeys", and "UniqueID" in manifest.json? Are there any rules?

If anyone knows any of these details please let me know. Thank you very much.

VirtualDoll

Newcomer
If anyone happens to still be taking requests, I am terrible at coding (my last attempt was tragic) could someone convert this Bachelorettes to Bachelors mod to a Content Patcher mod?
Gay man wants to romance more men, go figure lmao
This is the first like, complete version of the mod I have seen, but I am bad at coding as previously stated, and XNB is just kind of clunky for me compared to being able to switch around mod packs for different playthroughs.
I don't mind if the names aren't changed- even if someone can just figure out how to get the sprite sheets and portraits from the XNB files I could work with that using other methods-
Though I would not hate the NPC Dispositions mod also being converted for easy use.

7Lucyfer7

Newcomer
Aqui está White Water Farm , uma substituição do mapa da fazenda do rio por Meevers. Isso inclui todas as variantes; consulte o README.txt para obter ajuda para alterar qual deles é aplicado. Eu informo o autor sobre a conversão caso ele queira liberá-la (ou queira que eu a remova).

Alterações desde 1.1.1-unofficial.2 :
  • Atualizado para Stardew Valley 1.5. (Observação: foi atualizado para compatibilidade, mas a caixa de remessa e a estufa não foram atualizadas para serem móveis atualmente.)
  • Simplificado usando recursos mais recentes do Content Patcher.
[/CITAR]
Here's White Water Farm, a river farm map replacement by Meevers. This includes all variants; see the README.txt for help changing which one is applied. I let the author know about the conversion in case they want to release it (or want me to remove it).

Changes since 1.1.1-unofficial.2:
  • Updated for Stardew Valley 1.5. (Note: it's updated for compatibility, but the shipping bin and greenhouse aren't updated to handle being movable currently.)
  • Simplified using newer Content Patcher features.
dream of using this mod for years

burnerbob

Newcomer
This thread coordinates the migration of existing XNB mods to Content Patcher packs, and tracks unofficial conversions.

What is Content Patcher?
Content Patcher
lets you edit the game's XNB data through SMAPI, without replacing the actual files and with zero programming needed. You can edit a specific part of each file, instead of replacing the whole file.

Why not create XNB mods?
Content Patcher packs have several benefits over XNB mods:

• Update checks: when a new version of the pack is released, players see an alert in the SMAPI console so they know about it.
  • Compatibility checks: when a game update breaks the pack, SMAPI can disable it (to prevent game crashes and bugs) and give them a URL to download the latest version.
  • Easy install/uninstall: drop a content pack into your Mods folder to install it, and remove it to uninstall it.
  • Localisation support: edits are applied to all languages automatically, no need to create multiple copies of each file. (Or, target a specific language if you want.)
  • Mod compatibility: many content packs can edit the same file without conflicting. (Unlike XNB mods, which only support one mod per file.)
  • Game compatibility: Content Patcher packs can edit only the part of each file they need, and the game rarely changes existing content, so most packs will work fine in new versions of the game. (Unlike XNB mods which replace the whole file and lose newer content.)
  • Easy to create: configure the changes through a JSON file, and drop your unpacked PNGs and maps directly into the content pack folder. Edit them and run to see your changes, no repacking or recopying files needed.
  • Easy to edit: players can edit the JSON file to tweak the changes, no need to unpack/repack files.
How do I create Content Patcher packs?
See the Content Patcher guide. Feel free to ask questions in this forum, the SMAPI subreddit, or in the #making-mods channel of the Stardew Valley Discord.

Unofficial XNB mod conversions
For authors who haven't migrated their mods officially yet, players have created unofficial conversions so they work with the latest Stardew Valley updates. If you migrated an XNB mod unofficially, post a message below and update the list on the wiki!

See list of conversions on the wiki.
Can someone please convert this Hailey portrait/sprite mod?