Midday festivals should end early in the afternoon, not late at night.

noobsqoou

Planter
There are several festivals that are only accessible in the middle of the day (typically 9am-2pm) yet put you back on the farm late at night (typically 10pm). These include:
  • Egg Festival 🌷
  • Flower Dance 🌷
  • Luau ☀
  • Stardew Valley Fair 🍁
  • Festival of Ice ❄
  • Feast of the Winter Star ❄
I’d like to see this changed so that you’re returned to the farm at 2pm (3pm for the SDV Fair) instead of unfairly having to choose between completing your work or missing out on the festival.

I think the fair, luau, and feast of the winter star make sense to be an all day event, as your farmer is milling about talking to everyone, playing games, and eating dinner (and everyone is theoretically opening gifts at the feast, we're just spared from having to sit through that as the player). The others could definitely get you home sooner. I would think 5pm would be reasonable. You get there between 12pm-2pm (at least no one I know ever leaves their farm any earlier) and spend a few hours at the event in-game. That still gives you enough time to hit the mines, fish, forage, or fulfill a request before everyone locks their doors, so you don't lose a whole day.