Meteorite Madness

Lew Zealand

Helper
Looking at your watering system, clearly the game knew you'd depleted all the locally-sourced Iridium. I got a meteorite in my current v1.5 save in Year 1, which is the first one I've seen since Spring Y1 of my very first SDV save.

Sigrah

Farmer
Looking at your watering system, clearly the game knew you'd depleted all the locally-sourced Iridium. I got a meteorite in my current v1.5 save in Year 1, which is the first one I've seen since Spring Y1 of my very first SDV save.
Yeah, I did kind of clean out Skull Cavern in the Winter of Year 1. So much so that I was able to make 50 iridium sprinklers (40 for the fields, 6 in the Greenhouse, and 10 for my eventual farm on Ginger Island). Good thing the environmentalists never found out, I don't think they'd appreciate my Bomb and Murder mining techniques, especially all those purple slimes I killed, you just *KNOW* they'd pitch a hissy-fit over that.

But seriously, I wonder if the chance for Meteorites and other events got bumped up a little bit with the other events CA fixed. I'll be stoked if a 3rd one lands in my barnyard, especially if it's in the middle of those boulders in the bottom right corner. And before anyone asks why I haven't broke them down yet, it's because they're decoration. Every farm needs something otherworldly if it's going to appear in a future horror movie ;)

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
I haven't seen a meteor since 1.5, actually, so I don't know that the chances have been improved.

Odin

Staff member
But seriously, I wonder if the chance for Meteorites and other events got bumped up a little bit with the other events CA fixed. I'll be stoked if a 3rd one lands in my barnyard, especially if it's in the middle of those boulders in the bottom right corner. And before anyone asks why I haven't broke them down yet, it's because they're decoration. Every farm needs something otherworldly if it's going to appear in a future horror movie ;)
1.5 only made chances to the Stone Owl and Strange Capsule as far as I know (and 1.5.3 adjusted them both slightly to make the Stone Owl a bit more rare than it was right when 1.5 released, and limited the Strange Capsule to once per save).

LRangerR

Local Legend
We also have two meteor sites in our year-two (2) farm; and yeah, they do make good decoration! We're doing a roleplay build instead of a min-max build, so having two meteors on our archeology site really adds to the flavor!
That sounds like fun.

Sigrah

Farmer
Needs more meteor, right? :D
Like I said, if it can land in-between those big rocks like the other one did in-between the logs, I'd be stoked. I know, I'm asking for something that goes against all the odds, but why not? :)

We also have two meteor sites in our year-two (2) farm; and yeah, they do make good decoration! We're doing a roleplay build instead of a min-max build, so having two meteors on our archeology site really adds to the flavor!
Glad I'm not the only one, I remember someone asking me if I had a strong enough pickax to break them down when I posted my farm layout a long while back ¯\_( ツ)_/¯ . I'm sure others do too, though, I just don't read about it much :)

Last edited:

Cuusardo

Farmer
1.5 only made chances to the Stone Owl and Strange Capsule as far as I know (and 1.5.3 adjusted them both slightly to make the Stone Owl a bit more rare than it was right when 1.5 released, and limited the Strange Capsule to once per save).
I started a new farm recently and had a stone owl within my first week. :laugh: Still haven't gotten a meteorite yet, but I did get a meteorite in the first year of the first farm I made. It sat there for a good long while before I finally got a pickaxe that could crack it open.