Meteorite chance

Little Weed

Cowpoke
I play Stardew for 1 year in real life and 15 years in game. But... for this long time... I haven`t seen meteorite event! I have a lot of space for landing. What's in my plans:
1. See meteorite event.
2. Open Stardew Save Editor and replace it to my decorated place.
3. Save...save?
4. Be happy.

Is there in Stardew files any conditions\files for it? Can I change 0 to 1, or false to true? I imagine it;
"meteoritelanded = 0\1"
or
"meteoritelanded = false\true"

Help me, please!

P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes. I`m from Finland.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
wiki said:
There's a 1% chance of the meteor event being chosen. The event chooses a random 3x3 area on the farm and checks if there's a 2x2 area within that contains no water, placed objects that block movement, buildings, resource clumps, or farm animals. If no such 2x2 area is found, the event does nothing.
You could probably edit your save file to just have a meteorite.

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, there is no tag that can be edited, that I know of... but I also don't think any save file should go 15 years in game without a meteorite. Is this all in one save file?

By the way, what platform do you play on, and do you know your game seed?

Little Weed

Cowpoke
You could probably edit your save file to just have a meteorite.
Um, Ereo, there isn`t this option in Stardew Save Editor Program. It very small. I can only replace things on farm or add things to inventory, or correct player info(i don`t using last two)

Little Weed

Cowpoke
Okay, there is no tag that can be edited, that I know of... but I also don't think any save file should go 15 years in game without a meteorite. Is this all in one save file?

By the way, what platform do you play on, and do you know your game seed?
I use PC. I don`t now my game seed. Version 1.5.5.(updating from 1.4 to 1.5, after to newest versions(1.5.1, 1.5.2, and etc.)

imnvs

Local Legend
I use PC. I don`t now my game seed. Version 1.5.5.(updating from 1.4 to 1.5, after to newest versions(1.5.1, 1.5.2, and etc.)
If you're playing on PC, just find your save folder. In that will be a folder for each game you have saved. In each folder will be 4 files, 2 files that represent your current save and 2 that represent your save from the previous day in case you want to back up a day. ALL of those files and the folder too will have a number at the end... THAT number is your game seed. What is it, please?

Also, if you ARE playing 1.5.5, you've joined the beta for the newest version of the game which is not wide-release yet. I'm going to assume you weren't playing all 15 years since the beta was released, though, so I definitely am still be interested to check what you should have expected from your game seed.

Finally, if you're dedicated to seeking a mod to trigger a meteorite on your farm, you're better off asking how to do so in the actual section of the forum dedicated to mods and modding. A lot of use don't do that, so can't help with that, and a lot of the modding community tends not to foray out into the rest of the forums that much.

Little Weed

Cowpoke
If you're playing on PC, just find your save folder. In that will be a folder for each game you have saved. In each folder will be 4 files, 2 files that represent your current save and 2 that represent your save from the previous day in case you want to back up a day. ALL of those files and the folder too will have a number at the end... THAT number is your game seed. What is it, please?

Also, if you ARE playing 1.5.5, you've joined the beta for the newest version of the game which is not wide-release yet. I'm going to assume you weren't playing all 15 years since the beta was released, though, so I definitely am still be interested to check what you should have expected from your game seed.

Finally, if you're dedicated to seeking a mod to trigger a meteorite on your farm, you're better off asking how to do so in the actual section of the forum dedicated to mods and modding. A lot of use don't do that, so can't help with that, and a lot of the modding community tends not to foray out into the rest of the forums that much.

BlaDe

Farmer
When a meteor spawns, it checks once for a location. If there is an object like a chest or fence in the way, the meteor wont spawn.

If you are editing the file to add it, you will find it under resourceClumps. The location is the top left tile of the meteor.

Little Weed

Cowpoke
Yeah, just looking through what I can, you should have had 10 meteors before year 10. It sounds like bad luck with targeting.. like really bad luck.
thx. I try using this seed on official version, that I have on my own PC(I played on my friend`s PC, and I can`t use Steam).