Maple syrup?

imnvs

Local Legend
Okay, people are trying to be clever and cute and funny... and believe me, I am genuinely amused, but yes, the "tapper" item that you recently learned to craft? You'll want to put one of those on a full grown maple tree. You also can use a maple seed to plant a maple tree exactly where you want one so that it can be tapped. Additionally, there are two maple trees and two oak trees at the bus stop... and you could just tap those. You may also want to tap a pine tree at some point maybe. Who knows? 😉

Elenna101

Farmer
To follow up on what imnvs said, there's one more rare thing that can be tapped. So maybe if you see an unusual and unexpected change on your farm, you could try tapping that too.
Also, if you get some seeds that are somewhat harder to find than maple/oak/pine, you can tap those too, although the result may not be very useful.

You can get mahogany seeds by chopping down large stumps/logs or mahogany trees. Tapping mahogany trees gives sap.

imnvs

Local Legend
All this time, I thought the trees had to be on your farm....
At the bus stop would be so much easier... and more likely that I would even see it.
In fact, there are people that tap the oaks at the bus stop at the same time (or on the same schedule at least) as an oak orchard they plant at the Quarry. They'll tear out all the rocks and trees that are there and then plant a horde of oak trees. The trees at the bus stop serve as a notice, letting them know when the trees at the Quarry are ready, and then they'll head out there to harvest. This allows people to make lots of kegs really fast.

Wow, that's effective I guess 😮
Sounds a bit hard core in a sense.
There are many things about this game that I am just learning about. It seems I am learning more everyday on the forums. This game is a lot more complex than I initially realized 😅! But at least there is no wrong way to play it right?

Quirinea

Farmer
There are many things about this game that I am just learning about. It seems I am learning more everyday on the forums. This game is a lot more complex than I initially realized 😅! But at least there is no wrong way to play it right?
Nope, there isn't a wrong way. Grandpa may be a bit disappointed at first if you (your character) seems to have no clue how to run a farm but he'll get glad again when you learn. Stardew Valley Wiki is a good source unless you wish to find out everything by playing.

Nope, there isn't a wrong way. Grandpa may be a bit disappointed at first if you (your character) seems to have no clue how to run a farm but he'll get glad again when you learn. Stardew Valley Wiki is a good source unless you wish to find out everything by playing.
I am not saying you are wrong. I hope you know what I am trying to say.
Some people find a lot of pleasure playing SV without reading the wiki. That is why it opens the door to a fun discussion and discover new possibilities to explore.
As, well I enjoy giving some fun hints and make other people guess what to do next. ((eg. I love how Lew Zealand shows a picture of Garfield doing tapping dance by giving some hints. ))

Also, CA did mention that there are so many secrets that nobody knows about it –which we could not find clues from the wiki.

EDIT: I am not saying that wiki is 100 % correct... We can enjoy playing without the wiki.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Other people tap the Cindersap. Lots of trees there.

But believe me, neither that or at the Quarry are how I do it. I do plant trees on my farm exactly where I want them, though I typically have them tucked into a corner making it not likely for me to easily notice, and thus I will still use the bus stop trees as a signal to remind me to go check the trees on my farm.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I do something close to what imnvs said, except that I extend it to everything I'm doing in bulk on the farm. Keep one indicator Tree/Keg/Jar/Crystalarium/etc. outside, close to the House or my Horse's racetrack, which lets me know when the goodies a-processing inside the Sheds/at the edges of the Farm are ready to be harvested. This is generally only useful for things that take over a day to process so even Quartz in the Crystalariums need to be kept outside.