Question Map Editing

SephVII

Greenhorn
Hi
I recently came back to stardew valley together with my gf. And now that were deeper into it again and mods are in the play i wanted to do some customization making our fun and experience alot better. So my question is where do i start and what do i do to edit Maps the plan would be to customize the "Greenhouse", "Farm" and "Player House" (Host in this case which is me). I have little experience in other games modding mainly DST, but no idea how to start here. Google mostly spits out older stuff and im not sure what is up to date for if there are some helpful and modern guides etc... Thought i gonna ask here around and maybe find someone who can help out.

Thanks for reading <3 .

mouse

Farmer
Your first stop for map editing is the maps section of the wiki. It links the software you need to download, the instructions for unpacking game files, and has the breakdown of the most basic concepts you need to dive in (like "what are these layers for"). That's enough to get you going with opening up the vanilla maps and mess around with them to get the hang of things, though I've been thinking of making gifs for the main tools since there are some less common uses of them. (Example gif for Tiled's stamp brush.)

SephVII

Greenhorn
Is there anyway to tell the game that a certain room counts as cellar ? I didnt found anything at all regarding that. Even peaked at the vanilla cellar map to see if there is something but i cant find to figure out how to do that. Atleast in tiled i dont find anything.