Riverland Farm Mallard Farm & Farmhouse Interior

MINOR 1.6 SPOILERS IN THE SCREENSHOTS BELOW

Due to my love of watching the ducks swim, I decided to try out the riverland farm. Since there isn't as much planting/grazing space, I wanted to utilize the decorative grass spaces on the largest island for the farmhouse, coop, greenhouse, orchard, and dog spots. I also decided to only use the ground floor of the farmhouse as a house and use the cellar, second floor, and attic in place of sheds for my workshop and artisanal machinery. I ended up with a smaller scale farm overall, but a successful one, and one that I like a lot.

I usually have between four and seven fish ponds, so settling on two was tough but it's working out. The left one started with sturgeons (I think I was at five when I switched it over), then midnight squid (got that one to eight before switching), and then, finally, lava eel. Lava eel and crabs are my favorites, so I'm sticking with them. I've even given them both animal crackers.
I have eight ducks (four have been given animal crackers so far), two chickens (one blue; one void), and a rabbit. I was going to add a dinosaur but I haven't found a dino egg yet and ended up using a spare prismatic shard for the final bundle, so I might just hatch another duck.
Eventually, I'll plant some mystic trees above the mushroom logs on the lowest island and some banana & mango trees along the right wall in the greenhouse.

I usually see three to six ducks in the water, so I'm happy with my farm. ^_^
The Spring screenshot is the most recent (Year 3), but it only has three ducks in the water so I included the Fall one since it has the most ducks I've caught in the water at once. I also thought I'd include a nighttime screenshot and a Winter one, Elliot's 'tea garden', as well as the farmhouse interior.

Attachments

Wow! Looks like great progress so far

Riverland truly is the best place for swimming ducks too, seeing them moving around the islands is perfect.
Thanks a lot! I have definitely gotten distracted by watching the ducks a few times. ^_^ They really get around those islands! The one up top in the Fall pic swam up and off the map and then reappeared to the left above that unreachable island by grandpa's shrine with the red tree on it.

Jayamos

Farmer
I’m also a duck fan and I love what you’ve done with this farm. I like the coop placement. One of these days I’ll get to the Riverlands map and I’ll be coming back to this thread for ideas. The tea garden is great too!

I’m also a duck fan and I love what you’ve done with this farm. I like the coop placement. One of these days I’ll get to the Riverlands map and I’ll be coming back to this thread for ideas. The tea garden is great too!
Thanks! The different islands make farm design a little challenging but they also give you plenty of natural divides to work with. I had a lot of fun designing and building this farm. My most used farm layout is hilltop though, so I guess I'm used to working around the terrain. I thought the tea garden might be inspiring or calming for him. ^_^

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Thanks a lot! I have definitely gotten distracted by watching the ducks a few times. ^_^ They really get around those islands! The one up top in the Fall pic swam up and off the map and then reappeared to the left above that unreachable island by grandpa's shrine with the red tree on it.
Ha lol, do they just exit the map?? I didn’t even know they could

MINOR 1.6 SPOILERS IN THE SCREENSHOTS BELOW

Due to my love of watching the ducks swim, I decided to try out the riverland farm. Since there isn't as much planting/grazing space, I wanted to utilize the decorative grass spaces on the largest island for the farmhouse, coop, greenhouse, orchard, and dog spots. I also decided to only use the ground floor of the farmhouse as a house and use the cellar, second floor, and attic in place of sheds for my workshop and artisanal machinery. I ended up with a smaller scale farm overall, but a successful one, and one that I like a lot.

I usually have between four and seven fish ponds, so settling on two was tough but it's working out. The left one started with sturgeons (I think I was at five when I switched it over), then midnight squid (got that one to eight before switching), and then, finally, lava eel. Lava eel and crabs are my favorites, so I'm sticking with them. I've even given them both animal crackers.
I have eight ducks (four have been given animal crackers so far), two chickens (one blue; one void), and a rabbit. I was going to add a dinosaur but I haven't found a dino egg yet and ended up using a spare prismatic shard for the final bundle, so I might just hatch another duck.
Eventually, I'll plant some mystic trees above the mushroom logs on the lowest island and some banana & mango trees along the right wall in the greenhouse.

I usually see three to six ducks in the water, so I'm happy with my farm. ^_^
The Spring screenshot is the most recent (Year 3), but it only has three ducks in the water so I included the Fall one since it has the most ducks I've caught in the water at once. I also thought I'd include a nighttime screenshot and a Winter one, Elliot's 'tea garden', as well as the farmhouse interior.
kudos for that!
8qbiik.jpg

I decided to remove a little over half my crop space to add five more fish ponds. I don't think I've ever put any of the island fish in ponds before, so it will interesting to see what they ask for and what they produce. ^_^ I adjusted the workshop floors to fit in five more preserve jars (I've put in two more since taking this since I don't need the doorway to be two spaces wide) for the roe, but I might end up adding a dining room to turn into a preservation room if I start to have too much overflow.

I completed the tropical fishing quest for Willy and was gifted a fancy fish tank, so that's housing my frogs in my greenhouse now. I also added a banana tree and a couple mango trees. Each of the planters have deluxe retaining soil except for one that I'd add it to when I harvest the starfruit currently growing in it. I bought a bunch of wheat seeds in case I need placeholders between growing starfruit/sweet gem berries but I have more than enough resources to just keep making deluxe retaining soil at this point.

I also decided to go ahead and hatch another duck to fill the coop, making a total of nine ducks (seven with animal crackers), two chickens, and one rabbit. Six is still the most I've noticed in the water at once. The coop animals have taken to hanging out on the farmhouse porch as well, which I enjoy.

And I didn't place the alien capsule there; that's just where it landed. :laugh:

Attachments