Making the mini-shipping bin not a one-of-a-kind reward.

Right now, as far as I could see, you can get only two mini-shipping bins in the game, one from a special, non-repeatable quest from Pierre's, and another from a repeatable quest from Lewis that only gifts it the first time you complete it.

Given the inherent limitations of the box (only 9 types of objects, cannot pick up without taking the stuff back first, only obtainable by reasonably difficult quests that come from a roll of dice at the start of the week), I think making them theoretically unlimited (by special quests), wouldn't be that upsetting for the game balance. It's not like you cannot fill your farm with normal shipping bins anyway, and they're perfect for outside-the-farm spots like fishing places and frequently-foraged spots.

Plus, in-game would mean having poor Lewis spenidng the night walking through the whole valley checking every shipping bin for things to pick up, which I think some people would count as a plus.

Lewis' story was hard to believe from the beginning... but now that everybody has a shipping bin in Ginger Island it becomes even more ridiculous...
Did you know that if you pass out on the island, before getting the cabin, the parrots carry you back to your farm? From an island far enough from the valley as to have a perpetual tropical climate! And they even tuck you back in bed and everything. Who's to say they're not carrying your bin to the valley every night?

BadwolfBP

Newcomer
Right now, as far as I could see, you can get only two mini-shipping bins in the game, one from a special, non-repeatable quest from Pierre's, and another from a repeatable quest from Lewis that only gifts it the first time you complete it.

Given the inherent limitations of the box (only 9 types of objects, cannot pick up without taking the stuff back first, only obtainable by reasonably difficult quests that come from a roll of dice at the start of the week), I think making them theoretically unlimited (by special quests), wouldn't be that upsetting for the game balance. It's not like you cannot fill your farm with normal shipping bins anyway, and they're perfect for outside-the-farm spots like fishing places and frequently-foraged spots.

Plus, in-game would mean having poor Lewis spenidng the night walking through the whole valley checking every shipping bin for things to pick up, which I think some people would count as a plus.
Yeah, I just repeated the crop order quest hoping to get another mini shipping bin. I was disappointed to find I only got gold. They're super convenient to have inside my farm buildings :/

imnvs

Local Legend
If the repeatable quest would give you a mini shipping bin every time you completed it, I'd be happy. The fact that it is, rather arbitrarily, limited to 2 as is? Disappointing.

Cococinel

Farmhand
I'm personally interested in more "special" lucky finds the way it is as with the auto-petter in the CC route. Would people consider getting more mini shipping bins from monster drops and skull cavern floors acceptable too or has it got to be easier?

MCXPStudios78

Greenhorn
Did you know that if you pass out on the island, before getting the cabin, the parrots carry you back to your farm? From an island far enough from the valley as to have a perpetual tropical climate! And they even tuck you back in bed and everything. Who's to say they're not carrying your bin to the valley every night?
Well they do also Build and Dig, and even presumably carry Leo across, unless he goes with Willy.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Actually willy finds you but it could be him.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I'm personally interested in more "special" lucky finds the way it is as with the auto-petter in the CC route. Would people consider getting more mini shipping bins from monster drops and skull cavern floors acceptable too or has it got to be easier?
This I think is the best idea, it would be really nice for players who want to get a ton of them instead of waiting even for a max of one a week.

LRangerR

Local Legend
They also raised a child
Leo
I mean, we could talk about Tarzan, or various fictional children who have been raised by wolves, but parrots?? I find that oddly 'turbing, especially since they're prone to violent outbursts and dropping monkeys into the volcano.

delonariel

Greenhorn
I'd second this. As far as exploits in the game go, the mini-shipping bins are nowwhere near as benefitial as a greenhouse full of ancient fruit. Hardly game-breaking. I like to put them near other shops like Clint's & Willy's and the mining carts to maintain realism, but that should be up to the player.

I second this.

You also can use Junimo Chests in a way to collect everywhere and only sell once you're back at the farm with a "final" Junimo Chest beside your shipping bin.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I second this.

You also can use Junimo Chests in a way to collect everywhere and only sell once you're back at the farm with a "final" Junimo Chest beside your shipping bin.
They also only have 9 slots though, which for one generic thing is usually enought but for others where you ship the goods after an extensive wait period or a mix of products and quality those slots will not suffice.

They also only have 9 slots though, which for one generic thing is usually enought but for others where you ship the goods after an extensive wait period or a mix of products and quality those slots will not suffice.
Ja, true. Would be cool if one could upgrade the Junimo-chests similar to the bags at Pierres at the beginning.