Four Corners Farm Luna Farm! (+Some tips to make your farm look pretty)

liquidcat

Staff member
Hey everyone! Welcome to Luna Farm. It's a farm I worked on with a friend. We used mods to make an aesthetically pleasing farm without having to worry about profit or efficiency. My friend did most of layout (except bottom left corner) while I did bottom left corner and added more minor details to the farm while they helped on campfire area. We both used different grass mods so the screenshots can change the grass depending on who took the screenshot!
I think the farm looks the prettiest in summer so I will start with sharing how it looks in summer!

Summer Morning

04-02-03.png

Spring Evening

04-01-09.jpg

And finally A Winter Night

03-04-155.jpg

Our goal was to make a farm that captures a more nature-y look. We decided to use each corner for a different purpose- Top Left is our production area with our furnaces,a couple of sheds, a mill and a place to sip tea ! Top right is our farming area with a horse stable on one side. Bottom right is our animal and honey area, we have a lot of pigs in our barns. And the bottom left is our area with a bit of everywhere. I tried to not use normal paths and make it look like as green and I could, there are few ponds, a well and lots of trees alongside a campfire where people can chill at night! It also features an modified obelisk that makes it look like entrance of a mine shaft. The whole farm turned out really well and I am proud of every inch of it!

I would like to share some tips to give the farm more detail and add more complexity!

You can put seasonal plants in grass and make them look like they are part of it!

UCL8Y3tyco.png

They perfectly blend into the the grass and makes it stand out more. This will add variety to the grass. Some other examples -

LKi19QB4Ry.png
DZWOCf60tc.png

My next tip would be Use paths to break up grass patches! While the previous suggestion was all about adding more detail to grass next suggestion involving making sure grass doesn't cover everything!

9ZRWzKM8Z2.png

I am using modded paths here but vanilla cobblestone and crystal paths works wonders when you put a few of them randomly in middle of grass patches! They can give the area a more rocky feel and again add variety to the grass patches. Using this alongside seasonal plants makes the grass really beautiful in my opinion! Another example of this -

dgWeirZ1oz.png

Another tip which also involves grass but this one is more brief I promise. When putting your fences I would suggest randomly putting grass starters first and then fence on top of them to make it look like the grass is moving through the fence! Sadly I lost my previous farm that used this technique a lot so this is the best I can do with the current farm (I will try to look for more references to add to this section but you can see the usage of this in previous screenshot on right side). When used correctly this can end up looking a lot pretty!

QbaEvkgvGr.png

So I guess that's it for the farm showcase and few grass related tips! I might add more later along the lines and expand on things later on. Closing remarks would be add more variety to the grass, but also leave some grass patches plain to give them a clean and well maintained look. Experiment with the paths and grass as much as you can and add more variety to it. See ya!

rain.jpg

Wow. That is just. Wow. How many years did it take you to finish this? Also what mods are you using? I’d love to get the same paths as you do! I don’t see many coloring differences (you said you were using an aesthetic mod) but it just looks amazing. Does your aesthetic mod change a lot of the game, like the entire map?

estewanini

Sodbuster
That :heart:-shaped furnace/crystallarium site is just peak aesthetics. I love it, I just want to compile them and make them my wallpaper, all the kudos to you and your friend! And also thank you for the tips

liquidcat

Staff member
Wow. That is just. Wow. How many years did it take you to finish this? Also what mods are you using? I’d love to get the same paths as you do! I don’t see many coloring differences (you said you were using an aesthetic mod) but it just looks amazing. Does your aesthetic mod change a lot of the game, like the entire map?
Sorry for late response but we used Starblue Valley primarily for the aesthetics! Paths are from the same mod as well. There are still a lot of vanilla elements so it can work in vanilla as well, I tried to take screenshot of same farm in vanilla but game would crash so unfortunately I wasn't able to! We also used mods to cheat and get money+instant construction of the building on farm. Overall it took us somewhere between 15 to 20 hours.

Maugatta

Tiller
Hey everyone! Welcome to Luna Farm. It's a farm I worked on with a friend. We used mods to make an aesthetically pleasing farm without having to worry about profit or efficiency. My friend did most of layout (except bottom left corner) while I did bottom left corner and added more minor details to the farm while they helped on campfire area. We both used different grass mods so the screenshots can change the grass depending on who took the screenshot!
I think the farm looks the prettiest in summer so I will start with sharing how it looks in summer!

Summer Morning

View attachment 1954

Spring Evening

View attachment 1955

And finally A Winter Night

View attachment 1956

Our goal was to make a farm that captures a more nature-y look. We decided to use each corner for a different purpose- Top Left is our production area with our furnaces,a couple of sheds, a mill and a place to sip tea ! Top right is our farming area with a horse stable on one side. Bottom right is our animal and honey area, we have a lot of pigs in our barns. And the bottom left is our area with a bit of everywhere. I tried to not use normal paths and make it look like as green and I could, there are few ponds, a well and lots of trees alongside a campfire where people can chill at night! It also features an modified obelisk that makes it look like entrance of a mine shaft. The whole farm turned out really well and I am proud of every inch of it!

I would like to share some tips to give the farm more detail and add more complexity!

You can put seasonal plants in grass and make them look like they are part of it!

View attachment 1957

They perfectly blend into the the grass and makes it stand out more. This will add variety to the grass. Some other examples -

View attachment 1958View attachment 1960

My next tip would be Use paths to break up grass patches! While the previous suggestion was all about adding more detail to grass next suggestion involving making sure grass doesn't cover everything!

View attachment 1961

I am using modded paths here but vanilla cobblestone and crystal paths works wonders when you put a few of them randomly in middle of grass patches! They can give the area a more rocky feel and again add variety to the grass patches. Using this alongside seasonal plants makes the grass really beautiful in my opinion! Another example of this -

View attachment 1962

Another tip which also involves grass but this one is more brief I promise. When putting your fences I would suggest randomly putting grass starters first and then fence on top of them to make it look like the grass is moving through the fence! Sadly I lost my previous farm that used this technique a lot so this is the best I can do with the current farm (I will try to look for more references to add to this section but you can see the usage of this in previous screenshot on right side). When used correctly this can end up looking a lot pretty!

View attachment 1963

So I guess that's it for the farm showcase and few grass related tips! I might add more later along the lines and expand on things later on. Closing remarks would be add more variety to the grass, but also leave some grass patches plain to give them a clean and well maintained look. Experiment with the paths and grass as much as you can and add more variety to it. See ya!

View attachment 1965
The grass tip, is a really good tip thanks a lot !
Oh, and I have to remember to say what it's obvious:
WHAT AN AMAZING FARM !