Lost Progress

Jillyjop

Newcomer
Hi all, my mobile developed a bug, and didn't open any links. My son reset it for me but had to uninstall my apps and games. When I played Star Dew Valley, I had lost two years of progress, which included getting Willy's boat fixed and my Galaxy sword was lost, my return sceptre, buildings, animals and so many hours of my life, playing the game Please, can any one help me to reitrieve previous my saves.

Ereo

Helper
I’m sorry to tell you, but Stardew files are only saved locally. You need to save them to a secure location before you uninstall the app.

you’ll have to restart, but that can be fun too! Think of all the things you know now that you had to find out the first time round. It’ll go much faster.

ArtifactSpot

Hi all, my mobile developed a bug, and didn't open any links. My son reset it for me but had to uninstall my apps and games. When I played Star Dew Valley, I had lost two years of progress, which included getting Willy's boat fixed and my Galaxy sword was lost, my return sceptre, buildings, animals and so many hours of my life, playing the game Please, can any one help me to reitrieve previous my saves.
I’m so sorry. 😞 If you didn’t back up your save to say a pc through a method I’m not sure of but others here are it is lost. It’s one of the biggest downsides to not playing on a pc. I play on mobile too. We use our phones and iPads as long as possible to be as kind to the environment as we can, but unless I learn how to back up my file to my husbands pc I know it will be lost. Last time I accidentally deleted my file I just used it as an opportunity to play a different map and focus on different farming methods. But I do feel your pain. I’m really very sorry.

Elenna101

Farmer
I’m so sorry. 😞 If you didn’t back up your save to say a pc through a method I’m not sure of but others here are it is lost. It’s one of the biggest downsides to not playing on a pc. I play on mobile too. We use our phones and iPads as long as possible to be as kind to the environment as we can, but unless I learn how to back up my file to my husbands pc I know it will be lost. Last time I accidentally deleted my file I just used it as an opportunity to play a different map and focus on different farming methods. But I do feel your pain. I’m really very sorry.
This wiki page has guides for transferring a save back and forth between mobile and PC: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Transfer_a_save