Lost my Save

andrea51302

Cowpoke
Hi there,
so I was playing stardew valley expanded and was almost on my third year, but my computer died while playing, and now I can’t play on my latest save. It takes me all the way back to my first year before I started playing with mods.
Is there anyway to get back my most recent save?
There is no saves file in my folder, but in my Save backups folder my most recent save is there but no matter what I seem to do I can’t get it back :(
Is it lost forever?
Please help!

Hi there,
so I was playing stardew valley expanded and was almost on my third year, but my computer died while playing, and now I can’t play on my latest save. It takes me all the way back to my first year before I started playing with mods.
Is there anyway to get back my most recent save?
There is no saves file in my folder, but in my Save backups folder my most recent save is there but no matter what I seem to do I can’t get it back :(
Is it lost forever?
Please help!
Can you zip up, and attach the recent save from your backups folder?

Also, please post a log via: https://smapi.io/log

Yes I can, im not super familiar with what im doing so please let me know if I attached the correct zip!
Also, posting a log now!
here is the link
No worries; that's exactly what I needed!

So, for the log. It looks like it's closed out before loading a save. But, I do see you have all the previous mods still installed, and working.

As for the save. I gave it a try, and it works for me with SDV Expanded and such.

Just to verify with the backup save. You extracted it, and placed it in your Saves folder: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Mac
And, there's no other saves there?

---
If that's the case; the only thing I can think of is maybe system resources. You may want to try, and close out any other applications while running SDV/SMAPI, and see if that works.

andrea51302

Cowpoke
This is what my saves folder looks like.. these are the only saves.
I think the mods are still working when I run it but my issue was I was playing with mods on a world that I started before downloading mods. then got to almost year 3 with the mods but after my computer died while playing, im back at year 1 where I started before adding the mods.
hope that explanation makes sense. every time I run the game now, its back at year 1

Attachments

This is what my saves folder looks like.. these are the only saves.
I think the mods are still working when I run it but my issue was I was playing with mods on a world that I started before downloading mods. then got to almost year 3 with the mods but after my computer died while playing, im back at year 1 where I started before adding the mods.
hope that explanation makes sense. every time I run the game now, its back at year 1
Thanks for the screenshot.
Delete both saves in that folder, then re-extract the backup there.

Having 2 copies there at the same time is causing issues. And, when you extracted the backup it renamed the folder name since there was one there already; and that can cause further issues.

Okay thank you! I did that and here is what my saves looks like now.
I tried running the game however and its still the same
Okay, yea glad that at least runs now. But, I do see it saying year 1 like you mentioned.
Do you have any other recent save backups?

You may want to try the same steps. Delete the save in your Saves folder; and then try another of the most recent backups.
Making sure there's only one copy of that save at a time.

In terms of original cause; the only thing that comes to mind is the possibility of an issue with Steam Cloud.
Steam may have possibly synced you back to an early-game save.

andrea51302

Cowpoke
I used an old back up and it seemed to work!!
Im back at Summer year 2!!
I cant begin to explain how thankful I am!
Thank you so much!
I appreciate it very much, I was so upset when I lost it!
Thank you thank you!