Lost my Ancient Seed

purrfeccat

Sodbuster
Hi guys, this is my fourth playthrough. Found the ancient seed, gave it to the museum and received the blueprints with a seed. I kept that seed inside the chest, while waiting till the greenhouse to be fixed. In yr two, when I finally obtained everything including the greenhouse.

Wooohooo, time to get rich!

Then.. i searched throughout all the chests, fridge, and realized that seed gone missing. Pffft

should i give up just let it be or should I search all over the valley instead? (fishing, mining, artifact spot, ancient trove)?

and is there any chance they will “re-appear”?

thank you 🙏

nitsank

Farmhand
Every time you use a seed make there is a small (0.5%) chance you get ancient seeds instead of the crop seed. For some crops (like blueberries and cranberries) it's more profitable to turn them into seeds than to see directly. That might be an easier way to get another ancient seed.

clayre68

Greenhorn
I have found all my ancient seeds buy killing grubs and flying insects in the mines. On my current play through I have been very lucky and found 3, 2 of those on one trip. If you go on a lucky day you may have success.

redbobcat

Rancher
Through all my games the chances of the seed to appear from most to least: traveling cart > seed maker > artifact. The point is don’t give up!

Your best bet, if you already have a lot of seed makers, would be to run hundreds of blueberries through them. If you just run up and down a pair of lines of them, loading and unloading, you can get through up to 100 blueberries per hour if you have over 30 of the seed makers. The best thing about doing it with blueberries is that you also make an almost instant profit by getting an average of 2 seeds worth 40g each from a blueberry worth 50g (55g with 10% Tiller bonus).

Alternatively, the next fastest way to get it will be to kill grubs, bugs, flies etc in the mines. Anything that can drop bug meat can also drop the ancient seed. Just use the elevator to move up and down between floors 0, 5, 15 and 25, and kill any of them that you see. Along with a magnet ring to grab anything that falls, if you equip the burglar's ring, you double your chances of it dropping, and if you spend your whole day doing this, you'd be unlucky not to get one within a two or three days. To make the most of your time, use a weapon that will kill them in one hit - clubs such as the Slammer or Galaxy Hammer work particularly well because you can kill an entire swarm in one attack. Good luck!

Last edited:

purrfeccat

Sodbuster
Hey everyone! At last that seed made their re-appearance. So far I’ve got two on my lucky day with lucky lunch :D I guess luck plays a huge role yaww
one obtained from killing bugs/ grubs. The other from diggin an artifact spot at the quarry. :grin:

Helena

Newcomer
I don't get it planted neither in the greenhouse, neither in regular ground (no green square on laboured ground anywhere when I pick it up. What's the matter?

Can you please help me? I'm desperated...

purrfeccat

Sodbuster
I don't get it planted neither in the greenhouse, neither in regular ground (no green square on laboured ground anywhere when I pick it up. What's the matter?

Can you please help me? I'm desperated...
Have you crafted the ancient seeds using the recipe obtained from gunther?