Android Lost Book found from fishing, stays in Inventory

LKelda

Newcomer
I've been sent here from Reddit, hello

Type of phone: Android, Game Version is on mobile -> is 1.5.6 build 36

Details of your issue: I was fishing on my farm and got a treasure chest, got this book alongside 3 other items. Book stayed in my inventory - I went to bed after so my game saved, didn't think to quit the game which probably would have fixed the issue. Tried to give it to Gunther and he won't accept it
Screenshots/video: Attached a screenshot of the book

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)?
Started a new day, from a Load game save.

Any other info that might be relevant: Mostly posting here to report it and maybe find out if it's ok to keep it in a chest - slightly want to ship it and see what happens but that's probably a bad idea

Screenshot_20230113_220013_com.chucklefish.stardewvalley.jpg

Elmstone_maple

Greenhorn
The same thing just happened to me, I’m on an apple device, I’m on version 1.5.6.39. I’m not really sure what to do, Gunther wouldn’t take it and I couldn’t put it anywhere in the library.

fellandean

Farmhand
I've been sent here from Reddit, hello

Type of phone: Android, Game Version is on mobile -> is 1.5.6 build 36

Details of your issue: I was fishing on my farm and got a treasure chest, got this book alongside 3 other items. Book stayed in my inventory - I went to bed after so my game saved, didn't think to quit the game which probably would have fixed the issue. Tried to give it to Gunther and he won't accept it
Screenshots/video: Attached a screenshot of the book

On the day of your issue, did you load your game through the Load Game menu (you wake up in the bed)? Or was it an "emergency load" (i.e. one where you start mid-day wherever you left off)?
Started a new day, from a Load game save.

Any other info that might be relevant: Mostly posting here to report it and maybe find out if it's ok to keep it in a chest - slightly want to ship it and see what happens but that's probably a bad idea
I recently encountered this same bug while working on a project. It's clearly a common issue across various devices. For the project, I had to detail this bug, and I found royalwriter.co.uk incredibly helpful. They assisted me in perfectly articulating the issue for my report. If anyone else needs to document this glitch effectively, especially for something formal, their service could be a real lifesaver.

View attachment 13789
Same problem(

Last edited: