Issue Loading screen turns white can still hear music

Midnight25!

Newcomer
So I'm kinda new to this modding thing and I was hoping someone here can help me. Lately when my game loads it seems to crash on the screen and takes forever to load. It says the stardew api isn't responding and I'm not sure what that means. I've done what I can and nothing seems wrong to me any advice for this. Also I sorta need more clear instructions if anyone can help I get sorta lost with these things.

Odin

Staff member
I would recommend deleting the game’s startup_preferences file. Here’s where to find it:
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/.
Once you've removed that file, relaunch the game. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please mention so!

umbracitzn

Greenhorn
I would recommend deleting the game’s startup_preferences file. Here’s where to find it:
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/.
Once you've removed that file, relaunch the game. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please mention so!

I tried this twice, have uninstalled all mods, even uninstalled the game using steam.. and i still get the damn white screen.

ANY help is appreciated as im at my wits end