Little quirks/habits

NullObjects

Tiller
And as for hoe: I cannot stand being without one and seeing an artifact spot...
Haha, I know this feeling. I recall one time I was thinking, maybe I could "blow it out of the ground" with a bomb as an alternative to not having my hoe.

I remember after that I wasn't sure if I had destroyed the item or I had somehow blown it off the bottom of the screen (as I never got/found the item), but the resulting collateral damage made me realise maybe I shouldn't try that anymore. Back then, I wasn't sure as to a bomb's range, so I used a megabomb. >.>

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
Haha, I know this feeling. I recall one time I was thinking, maybe I could "blow it out of the ground" with a bomb as an alternative to not having my hoe.

I remember after that I wasn't sure if I had destroyed the item or I had somehow blown it off the bottom of the screen (as I never got/found the item), but the resulting collateral damage made me realise maybe I shouldn't try that anymore. Back then, I wasn't sure as to a bomb's range, so I used a megabomb. >.>
This is why I never go without any of my tools. The only tool I'll leave at my farm is the pan thing once I've unlocked it (I barely use that one). Otherwise I always keep all my main tools on me. On rare occasion, like in the very early game when you have super limited space, I may store some tools for a bit, but that's about it. I've always gotta have my scythe, hoe, axe, pickaxe, weapon, watering can and fishing rod. I guess I could leave the watering can behind, but I never bother. I use it often enough that yeah.

Hill Myna

Farmer
1. Yes, I do it most of the time but mostly the sort button instead, I like it when I have an item like the strange dolls and flowers that move around indefinitelly when you press it and sometimes I just spam it, don't ask, I do.
I've definitely done that too! So satisfying.
2. You can do this? I'm not sure if this is only on switch or just not on PC as it sounds useful and the only way I know to do so is to alt escape which also destroys the game so don't do it.
Yes! I've seen it done on PC before. You have to open the chest, immediately open your inventory, the item will appear in your inventory, and then you can unpause and keep playing. Super neat!
3. Sometimes... the context is minimul but I do just mine an extra after I get a staircase if I have the energy, mostly by mistake.
I just can't react fast enough! 😂
4. you don't do that the first time around? They never refill, though might inthe hard mode mines...
I definitely do them the first time around; free staircase.

But I'm fairly certain that they do reset. I definitely remember getting the bags multiple times, if not the minecarts themselves.
5. Don't have crops regularly, I have thousands on gi and in sheds which I never harvest though...
Same! On my endgame farm, I haven't harvested on GI or in my Greenhouse for more than a season!
6. Yeah, ofc
I'm assuming that this was replying to skipping the Fishing pop up. In which case, it's not strictly necessary, but I like doing it anyway.
7. I just don't pet them, pro tip :)
Not sure I agree with this advice... :D
8. No, never, the hoe is too good, especially with mass amounts of crops
I never really plant massive fields of crops, though. It'd be useful in the first year or two, but I prioritise my other tools first.

And in the case of something like Ginger Island, I'm only planting a handful of Iridium Sprinklers worth at a time, so it isn't a big deal.
9. I just crack them in the order of smallest to largest in regards to stack size, I should use the predictor instead but I don't like it too much.
This is probably a better strategy! I just like saving the "valuable" ones until last.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I've definitely done that too! So satisfying.

Yes! I've seen it done on PC before. You have to open the chest, immediately open your inventory, the item will appear in your inventory, and then you can unpause and keep playing. Super neat!

I just can't react fast enough! 😂

I definitely do them the first time around; free staircase.

But I'm fairly certain that they do reset. I definitely remember getting the bags multiple times, if not the minecarts themselves.

Same! On my endgame farm, I haven't harvested on GI or in my Greenhouse for more than a season!

I'm assuming that this was replying to skipping the Fishing pop up. In which case, it's not strictly necessary, but I like doing it anyway.

Not sure I agree with this advice... :D

I never really plant massive fields of crops, though. It'd be useful in the first year or two, but I prioritise my other tools first.

And in the case of something like Ginger Island, I'm only planting a handful of Iridium Sprinklers worth at a time, so it isn't a big deal.

This is probably a better strategy! I just like saving the "valuable" ones until last.
I totally get with most of these, your assumptions are true about the fishing one and not petting animals was mostly made in the context of auto petters, of which I usually have at least a few of by winter most of the time.