Limitations of multiple-catch bait

Yes, I'm talking about:

1) Live Bait
2) Challenge Bait

The limitation: They cannot give multiple amounts of trash or seaweed/algae/jelly that get "caught" and still get consumed if any of these items get hooked.

Given this limitation, do you think that these items are worth crafting?

Quirinea

Farmer
I just got some challenge bait from a treasure and noticed a nasty thing with challenge bait: I got a treasure. Trying to get it, of course. I lose one fish, not so bad... ouch bounce bounce bojojoing. There it went. No fish, no treasure. Using trap bobber. Presume treasure bobber wouldn't have helped any more.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Its's a very minor issue, at most you catch trash a small fraction of the time, especially when casting far into the water, the benefits of bait and the relative low cost makes it a complete non issue for me personally.

Shart

Planter
For me personally, the only use of the challenge bait is to get 3 iridium quality of each legendary fish to put in 3 different aquariums. Thanks to the waters blessing from the farming mastery statue, it's really easy to get perfect catch on those legendary fish.

In terms of money making potential, I think these baits are only slightly better than regular bait. Obviously it depends on what fish and how consistent can you get the perfect catch. I never tested it myself though.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
For me personally, the only use of the challenge bait is to get 3 iridium quality of each legendary fish to put in 3 different aquariums. Thanks to the waters blessing from the farming mastery statue, it's really easy to get perfect catch on those legendary fish.

In terms of money making potential, I think these baits are only slightly better than regular bait. Obviously it depends on what fish and how consistent can you get the perfect catch. I never tested it myself though.
I think that's an important aspect of their balancing, IMO there isn't a reason to implement new items if their only use is to be better than the previous, the new baits expand further on the choices you have depending on what you want to do when fishing.
Just want something cheap and easy? basic bait
Want more easy fish? challenge (though can scale with skill...)
Something out of season? Magic
Treasure chests at a higher cost? Magnet
Etc.

Just because something comes later in the game doesn't mean it has to be a replacement for another prior option, in the perfect world they're all balanced to have their niches.

Treasure chests at a higher cost? Magnet
Well, on my current save, just a few real-world hours ago from this post, I had accidentally bought a Magnet from Willy for 1000g (instead of a Dressed Spinner), but instead of selling it back to Willy for 500g, I chose to use it at Shearwater Bridge alongside my current Dressed Spinner, but caught the "most expensive Broken Glasses" in the Valley instead. The reason I call them "most expensive" is that it ended up consuming my 1000g Magnet!! 🤬