Level 100 of the Skull Cavern

Hazel

Farmhand
For the moment, there is no difference between using stairs to reach the 100th level or not. Sure, Mr Qi will tell you it's not the honorable way (and honestly my anxiety makes it enough for me not to use stairs just to avoid that lool), but the reward is exactly the same. I find it a bit frustrating...
So I'm not saying you shouldn't get the iridium snake milk if you used stairs, but maybe having a bonus gift could make it more worth it to do it without stairs?
(of course, maybe the challenge message should be changed to advise us not to use stairs to begin with)
What are your thoughts about it?

smor145

Sodbuster
For the moment, there is no difference between using stairs to reach the 100th level or not. Sure, Mr Qi will tell you it's not the honorable way (and honestly my anxiety makes it enough for me not to use stairs just to avoid that lool), but the reward is exactly the same. I find it a bit frustrating...
So I'm not saying you shouldn't get the iridium snake milk if you used stairs, but maybe having a bonus gift could make it more worth it to do it without stairs?
(of course, maybe the challenge message should be changed to advise us not to use stairs to begin with)
What are your thoughts about it?
I like the idea, but man, idk if its possible to get there without stairs

Ereo

Helper
It's definitely possible, you just need a lot of luck.

I'd like it if there was a difference, but then I also think you should be warned in the note. Or there could be to equally useful, but different gifts? Maybe one relating to strength (no stairs) and one to cleverness (using stairs).

Mcwhalen

Farmhand
I get there without stairs if I'm focusing on it. But yeah, the "everyone gets a trophy" theme strikes, yet again, in the game where you can't lose.

It's like when you finally get a prismatic shard; the next one you find takes no time at all, and you're like..."man, I rushed for nothing, if they're just gonna drop down here more often, etc."
The longer you play, the stronger you become, no matter the pace :(