Legendary Fish Pond

birdn4t0r

Cowpoke
One thing I felt would be interesting is if you could have a special fish pond that Legendary fish could go into, but instead of roe that could be processed and sold, it would produce baby fish that can be sent off to aquariums to be raised and to repopulate their respective ecosystems. Like, maybe Demetrius or someone would ask you about it, and it could be a whole quest. You can still only catch each one once because being able to get multiple kind of defeats the purpose of “Legendary Fish”, but I feel like it could really play into the sort of “restoring nature” theme of the game, having the ability to engage in species conservation through recovering endangered species of fish. And for a capitalist route in this, there would also be the ability to sell them as pets for profit.

birdn4t0r

Cowpoke
Someone has suggested a (koi?...) pond only for decoration. Can't find the thread at the moment.
Maybe these ideas could be combined!?
I think that would be pretty cute! Selling Legendary Fish just seems like such a waste, so they just sit in the inventory, doing nothing. At least a decoration would make for a nice-looking farm lol.

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, we do have fish tanks now. That's what I do with my legendary fish. I mean, if it's just for display purposes, why use up all that precious area for buildings... and instead just have something in your house?

birdn4t0r

Cowpoke
Well, we do have fish tanks now. That's what I do with my legendary fish. I mean, if it's just for display purposes, why use up all that precious area for buildings... and instead just have something in your house?
that’s true, too. i play on mobile, though, so i just have to cry until 1.5 reaches me. i think the wildlife conservation route would be interesting, too though…