Lategame Placeholder Aesthetic Plants

Nafets

Newcomer
Hi! I was just wondering what people’s thoughts are on what are essentially placeholder crops purely for aesthetic purposes for later in the game? I love planting flower gardens on the farm, but it makes me sad because of the growth time + restricted seasonality.

Something like a series of flowers/flowering shrubs that last from spring-fall would be great I think! They wouldn't produce anything or be used in any recipes, but they would still appear as growing and blooming crops over the duration of a season whereupon they would reset to sprouts on the first day of the next season and repeat.

I think they could even work for four seasons if they produced nothing, sell for 0, or even a negative, since that would disincentive using them over winter to save fertilized soil plots- alternatively they could be unlocked later in the game along with the fiber seeds when that's less impactful to the game play progression.

Examples:

Mixed Decorative Flowers | Grows a variety of Colourful Flowers | Spring-Fall | Growth stages 2-2-4-4 | When fully bloomed flowers have % chance to attract butterflies
Red Decorative Lilies | Grows large red day lilies | Spring-Fall | Growth stages 2-2-4-4 | When fully bloomed flowers open/close depending on time of day
Decorative Rainbow Roses | Grows roses with flowers that change from season to season | Spring-Winter | Growth stages 2-2-4-4 |

I love just decorating and playing in the end game, and this would really open things up! Since they're not a cash crop which would be harvested and planted repeatedly I think they could be made slightly more dynamic (opening and closing at day or night, maybe some sort of colour shifts or something? etc.)

So excited for 1.6 <3