Labeling signs on Android tablet

seemars

Farmhand
I'm playing on an Android tablet. How do I put an image on a sign? The only directions I can find say to hold and right-click, only, I got no mouse! Trying to load it by drag-and-drop, like baiting your fishing pole, doesn't seem to work. Help? (I know I'm missing something simple.)

seemars

Farmhand
I tried that (with a Mega bomb). Blew myself (and the sign) up. Maybe I should try with a less-destructive image.

I think it works the same as putting an item on a table. Some decorations will go onto tables easily, but for most things, I have to select a different control option rather than tap-to-move. Using a control option with two buttons, I can get something like a pearl or daffodil to go onto the table. Otherwise I just keep picking up the table.

seemars

Farmhand
Here's what I finally did that worked: position yourself directly in front of the sign, and as close as possible, WITH EMPTY HANDS. Then pick up the bomb and click on the sign. In the meantime, however, I blew up at least 5 signs; 3 or 4 chests, some full of ores, bars, and gems; three mature fruit trees; and hundreds of blocks of paths, and who knows what else. And TIL that you can blow up fruit trees, but NOT wild trees. Bummer. (Yes, I know you can restart the day. That made the whole fiasco fun.)

Ereo

Helper
You can blow up normal trees (but not bushes that are part of the farm layout), it just takes more than one bomb to do it.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Here's what I finally did that worked: position yourself directly in front of the sign, and as close as possible, WITH EMPTY HANDS. Then pick up the bomb and click on the sign. In the meantime, however, I blew up at least 5 signs; 3 or 4 chests, some full of ores, bars, and gems; three mature fruit trees; and hundreds of blocks of paths, and who knows what else. And TIL that you can blow up fruit trees, but NOT wild trees. Bummer. (Yes, I know you can restart the day. That made the whole fiasco fun.)
You can blow up wild trees but it takes multiple bombs and they don’t drop seeds.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I love and admire your dedication to discovering the exact required procedure via trial and error.