Kids! Who needs 'em!

Chaya7

Planter
I like my kids! Their sole purpose in life is to entertain me. I like seeing them in bed at night, staring wide-eyed at the ceiling like they're seeing ghosts. I like seeing them haunt the downstairs rooms after each and every festival, too excited to go to bed. I like seeing them racing around like little chipmunks.

They give Leah and me something to talk about.

Best of all, I like putting hats on them. :laugh:
Cristi_4-26-2020_8440501a.png

mkrmas

Farmhand
You speak like a whole father

The only thing that bothers me about children is that no matter how much time they spend they will always be children, I would like them to grow up and go to school like Jas and Vincent, to see them grow up and talk to them.

It would be a great addition

Chaya7

Planter
Interesting that I speak like a whole father - given that I am female!

Sorry you don't like my room. As I've said in another thread, I'm all about function. I really don't care about decoration.

mkrmas

Farmhand
Ps: me parece que tu habitación está un poco vacía, le falta un poco de decoración
Interesting that I speak like a whole father - given that I am female!

Sorry you don't like my room. As I've said in another thread, I'm all about function. I really don't care about decoration.
It's not that I don't like it, just that I pay attention to the details and well, just that xD

Lucifer

Sodbuster
You speak like a whole father

The only thing that bothers me about children is that no matter how much time they spend they will always be children, I would like them to grow up and go to school like Jas and Vincent, to see them grow up and talk to them.

It would be a great addition
I agree with you! That would indeed be an epic addition. Would be awesome if they can help with farm chores aswell lol.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
kids with hats is the best thing!!
i love the kids too. i know a lot of people want them to be improved but i really do think they're cute as they are too. but i've always liked immersing myself a bit more and enjoyed the family roleplay aspect

Lucifer

Sodbuster
kids with hats is the best thing!!
i love the kids too. i know a lot of people want them to be improved but i really do think they're cute as they are too. but i've always liked immersing myself a bit more and enjoyed the family roleplay aspect
Imagine if you can take them to penny for schooling or imagine if you can go horse riding with them through town. The kids need some improvement.

Chaya7

Planter
No parent wants to see their kids grow but that's the way of life. They need to grow. I like them as they are but we need our kids to do more stuff.
But there are many things in SDV that aren't the way of life, right? For instance, the farmer doesn't age and get arthritis. Drought and freezes and pestilence don't strike the trees, crops, and animals. The animals don't die; they just get grumpy now and then. Autograbbers take care of all their needs. The marriage doesn't become difficult. Your spouse doesn't leave you. The heat in the greenhouse never fails. Logged forests grow back. You don't die; you just end up in a clinic with a lecture. Your house doesn't get burgled. Your horse finds its own way home. Seas and rivers are filled with endless supplies of fish. You don't get shot for snooping around in someone's else's house. Junimos put the Community Center back together and even pick your crops for you.

If the children are expected to grow up and be useful, then they should also be expected to end up in trouble, have emotional problems, get warnings from school, drink at parties and crash the family car.

Nope, I like mine in drop-drawer pajamas and funny hats.

Lucifer

Sodbuster
But there are many things in SDV that aren't the way of life, right? For instance, the farmer doesn't age and get arthritis. Drought and freezes and pestilence don't strike the trees, crops, and animals. The animals don't die; they just get grumpy now and then. Autograbbers take care of all their needs. The marriage doesn't become difficult. Your spouse doesn't leave you. The heat in the greenhouse never fails. Logged forests grow back. You don't die; you just end up in a clinic with a lecture. Your house doesn't get burgled. Your horse finds its own way home. Seas and rivers are filled with endless supplies of fish. You don't get shot for snooping around in someone's else's house. Junimos put the Community Center back together and even pick your crops for you.

If the children are expected to grow up and be useful, then they should also be expected to end up in trouble, have emotional problems, get warnings from school, drink at parties and crash the family car.

You are right lol. Love that you pointed that out.

mkrmas

Farmhand

A hard hit of reality

mkrmas

Farmhand

But it's true

Journi

Planter
I had kids in SDV with Harvey of my very first playthrough but other than that, never had kids.

My farmer is too busy for children and Husband or wife arent helping much by standing there

Rebel60

Tiller
I like my kids! Their sole purpose in life is to entertain me. I like seeing them in bed at night, staring wide-eyed at the ceiling like they're seeing ghosts. I like seeing them haunt the downstairs rooms after each and every festival, too excited to go to bed. I like seeing them racing around like little chipmunks.

They give Leah and me something to talk about.

Best of all, I like putting hats on them. :laugh:View attachment 387
ADORABLE hats on the kids!!

Lew Zealand

Helper

They'd make great doves-
OK

OK!

This! Is perfect.

Best idea evar. Someone needs to make this a mod.

When you endovenate your ill-begotten spawn *and* do that while they're wearing a Hat, you occasionally see a dove fly by in the game with that Hat on. Also there's a scene in very late game when the doves come back and of course they need to have the Hat on, too.

Think, if you married-have kids-endovenate-divorce a whole bunch of villagers and have tons of eventually endovenated kids with them and you get to that late game scene and there's 2 dozen doves flying by with different Hats on? That would replace milkshakes in the dictionary as the primary definition for "epic"!!!

And of course this needs to be a game achievement - Endovenator.

Confused

Rancher
OK

OK!

This! Is perfect.

Best idea evar. Someone needs to make this a mod.

When you endovenate your ill-begotten spawn *and* do that while they're wearing a Hat, you occasionally see a dove fly by in the game with that Hat on. Also there's a scene in very late game when the doves come back and of course they need to have the Hat on, too.

Think, if you married-have kids-endovenate-divorce a whole bunch of villagers and have tons of eventually endovenated kids with them and you get to that late game scene and there's 2 dozen doves flying by with different Hats on? That would replace milkshakes in the dictionary as the primary definition for "epic"!!!

And of course this needs to be a game achievement - Endovenator.
Ayo! That would be... Hilarious, and if nobody makes this I will be disappointed.