Windows Just downloaded Stardew... why is it not starting

sblack

Greenhorn
So I just got stardew yesterday, and it won't load even when I clicked it. No errors or any messages like that.

My specs:

Device name DESKTOP-IQSL87M
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Windows 10

I really like this game on mobile and I jus want to play with some friends pls help thank you^^

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hello sblack and Welcome to the Forums!

It seems that the current builds of Stardew Valley have problems with the 2nd and 3rd gen Intel CPUs' integrated graphics and you have a 2nd gen CPU there (Core i3-2370M). I had the same problem with a similar CPU. Your best option is to install the Compatibility version of Stardew Valley and use that. Unfortunately you will not be able to use Mods with the Compatibility version, but you still the the whole base game and that is still a wonderful thing. Let me dig up the info on that here...

In Steam:
Open your Steam library
Right click Stardew Valley and select Properties
Click the Betas tab
Select compatibility - for 32-bit systems

In GOG Galaxy:
Click Owned Games and then Stardew Valley
Click the Settings icon, then Manage installation, then Configure...
Click compatibility under the Beta channels dropdown
Click OK

And try running Stardew Valley again, it should download this different version first. Good luck!

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hello, good sir... it's asking for beta access code. What's that and where to get it?
OK I don't remember getting that request, lemme try. That was GOG Galaxy, right?

Edit: Dangit, I've already installed the Compatibility version on this computer and its been long enough that I don't remember getting that code. I'll see what I can find about it.

Edit 2: In GOG's User License Agreement in section 5.1 they say this:

"You may be required to go through a registration process or other requirements to access the beta."

Maybe they need to send you something in your email to OK the beta access? Just a guess. I could be I did this long ago enough that I don't remember, or this is a change in behavior/policy for them.

Last edited: