PC I've been having a crashing issue and I have the errorlog file to show it.

Hydroninja

Newcomer
Hello, I'm currently crashing at two points.
I'm currently crashing when I click either the concernedape portrait during startup. If I don't click it then the game allows me to access my save.
The second place I crash is that very day, after I have entered my barn, currently filled with two pigs, two cows, a sheep, and a goat. I wander the barn for a couple seconds on average, though it appears the time varies. Then the game crashes out. Upon testing, I don't have to interact with anything in order to crash out, though it appears it takes longer for crashing to occur this way. In this specific instance it was directly after the sheep sound effect played and finished.

I have tried verifying the games files multiple times across multiple restarts of my computer and steam and steam always says that the files have been successfully validated.

I have found my latest error log file, and the error reads the same as the startup error log files.
I've attached the log file to this message and would appreciate assistance in solving this issue. I've also included the errorlog file for the latest crash that occurred during startup.
If you need my other specs, I can provide them, and I'm sorry that this is my first post. Its just, I'm in summer of my second year and I'm looking forward to being able to continue to play the game.

Attachments

rousy

Newcomer
Hello, can you post crash log you get after entering barn in this thread https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/9940/ . We are trying to keep similar reports together.
Can you just roll back to previous version temporarily? After the update it crashes randomly, I experienced once when starting the game. I'm having severe frame drop issue even if I somehow manage to start the game. I saw other posts saying sound file is distorted in some places, gets crash when eating food, etc.

liquidcat

Staff member
Can you just roll back to previous version temporarily? After the update it crashes randomly, I experienced once when starting the game. I'm having severe frame drop issue even if I somehow manage to start the game. I saw other posts saying sound file is distorted in some places, gets crash when eating food, etc.
Hi! I just help with moderating forums and I'm not involved with the development of the game. I hope this issue is fixed soon. But unless you're using mods, you can try to roll back to 32bit version of the game-

If, for any reason, you want to play on the “legacy” 32-bit version, it’s still available on Steam (right click Stardew > properties > betas > select “Compatibility” version).

Hydroninja

Newcomer
Hi! I just help with moderating forums and I'm not involved with the development of the game. I hope this issue is fixed soon. But unless you're using mods, you can try to roll back to 32bit version of the game-

If, for any reason, you want to play on the “legacy” 32-bit version, it’s still available on Steam (right click Stardew > properties > betas > select “Compatibility” version).
I think we'll be better off just chilling for a couple days until a hotfix works its way out, patience reaps its own rewards, we are playing stardew valley after all.

weareedible

Greenhorn
Hello, I'm currently crashing at two points.
I'm currently crashing when I click either the concernedape portrait during startup. If I don't click it then the game allows me to access my save.
The second place I crash is that very day, after I have entered my barn, currently filled with two pigs, two cows, a sheep, and a goat. I wander the barn for a couple seconds on average, though it appears the time varies. Then the game crashes out. Upon testing, I don't have to interact with anything in order to crash out, though it appears it takes longer for crashing to occur this way. In this specific instance it was directly after the sheep sound effect played and finished.

I have tried verifying the games files multiple times across multiple restarts of my computer and steam and steam always says that the files have been successfully validated.

I have found my latest error log file, and the error reads the same as the startup error log files.
I've attached the log file to this message and would appreciate assistance in solving this issue. I've also included the errorlog file for the latest crash that occurred during startup.
If you need my other specs, I can provide them, and I'm sorry that this is my first post. Its just, I'm in summer of my second year and I'm looking forward to being able to continue to play the game.
I am experiencing experiencing something similar: It crashes when I click on the Concerned Ape logo; if I don't click the logo, it crashes at a seemingly random point after that. Just started in the last couple hours.

I am experiencing experiencing something similar: It crashes when I click on the Concerned Ape logo; if I don't click the logo, it crashes at a seemingly random point after that. Just started in the last couple hours.
I'm experiencing the exact same issue, I hope a fix comes out soon since there seem to be more people experiencing the same thing :(