It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Reference?

Odd Pickle

Greenhorn
Hi all,

I'm very new to this game and made an account on this forum exclusively to post about this. My girlfriend and I have been playing for like a week or two now and she just discovered the "Red Plate" which has the description of "Full of antioxidants." I made this connection because red plate is just radish and cabbage? Why would anyone eat that?

The only reason we noticed this is because we also just watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and one of our favorite running jokes in the show is Frank's (Danny Devito's Character) interest in bizarre foods like "Blue". No one really knows what "blue" is but there's one scene where he's randomly feeding it to a waiter's grandmother or something:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxSZX8mzX_Q
At the end he says "Blue has the most antioxygens" which we thought was hilarious and haven't forgotten since. So is red plate a reference to blue or are we just tripping?

I'm sure people are aware of this but I can't find anything about it.

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, antioxidants are a real thing... and antioxygens was a play on that. It's likely played straight, because if it was a Sunny reference it would probably be antioxygens.

Odd Pickle

Greenhorn
Well, antioxidants are a real thing... and antioxygens was a play on that. It's likely played straight, because if it was a Sunny reference it would probably be antioxygens.
Yeah we know antioxidants are a real thing, we assume it's a reference because "red plate" (a play on "blue") is not a real thing, not to my knowledge at least.