It's almost 2022 🤩

imnvs

Local Legend
Yet another thread isn't going to get it finished any faster, my friend. I know it sucks, but repeating the same thing every few weeks isn't really helping, do you think? I mean, I know it's been a year, but if you looked at history, it takes a while to port the game... and then Chucklefish was let go, and then we find out CA is now porting it himself for iOs, and he probably has to stop working on his other, new game (that will make him money) in order to give you an update (that won't make him any money). The guy's doing the best he can, okay. Cut him some slack.

Yet another thread isn't going to get it finished any faster, my friend. I know it sucks, but repeating the same thing every few weeks isn't really helping, do you think? I mean, I know it's been a year, but if you looked at history, it takes a while to port the game... and then Chucklefish was let go, and then we find out CA is now porting it himself for iOs, and he probably has to stop working on his other, new game (that will make him money) in order to give you an update (that won't make him any money). The guy's doing the best he can, okay. Cut him some slack.
Wow, @imnvs. You really hit the nail on the head there. I agree on all of your points and I really do wish that people would be a little more patient. @AtomsJosh, we do understand that it sucks. I mean, I was waiting on 1.4 for Terraria for about a year. I'm not trying to minimize your experiences, but it's a common thing for porting to take a while. Especially when at this point, he is one guy trying to port this entire massive game. I'm sure it will happen sometime soon. Until then, just be patient.

Jemi

Greenhorn
I get both sides of this, but honestly seeing people constantly ask mobile players to "just be a *little* patient" when it's been almost a full year since 1.5 was released on other platforms just comes across as... tone deaf?

People also bring up the "he isn't going to make money from this" but that's totally his choice. He could have made all the expansion content a nominal fee, and I honestly think lots of people would have preferred to pay than wait years if funding was the reason it couldn't happen.

It's also worth noting that mobile hasn't even gotten bug fixes during this time, so it's not just the port that's been delayed during that time frame.

I play on both platforms, but I think mobile players have been quite patient.

I get both sides of this, but honestly seeing people constantly ask mobile players to "just be a *little* patient" when it's been almost a full year since 1.5 was released on other platforms just comes across as... tone deaf?

People also bring up the "he isn't going to make money from this" but that's totally his choice. He could have made all the expansion content a nominal fee, and I honestly think lots of people would have preferred to pay than wait years if funding was the reason it couldn't happen.

It's also worth noting that mobile hasn't even gotten bug fixes during this time, so it's not just the port that's been delayed during that time frame.

It isn't even an argument. It isn't about funding either. He lost a porting company, among a host of other setbacks and now he is working on porting it alone. He simply can't do it quickly. Like I said above, there are whole teams of people who can't port a game in a year or less. I don't want to argue about it or cause a problem. I just don't think most people understand how hard it is for one dev to essentially recode a game from scratch.

Lew Zealand

Helper
A lot of complaints about the delay have mentioned funding but CA has never claimed this to be the case. More money sounds like such an easy solution and while I agree the game is good enough to pay for an update, you can't always throw money at a problem to fix it.

Especially when money isn't the problem.

Jemi

Greenhorn
A lot of complaints about the delay have mentioned funding but CA has never claimed this to be the case. More money sounds like such an easy solution and while I agree the game is good enough to pay for an update, you can't always throw money at a problem to fix it.

Which is why it's frustrating when people continue to bring it up as an issue or a reason why mobile players shouldn't get it. Many other similar comments have been made.

For instance, first reply in this thread made it about the money:

and he probably has to stop working on his other, new game (that will make him money) in order to give you an update (that won't make him any money)

Exactly, @Lew Zealand. It really isn't about money. It's about time and effort, and, spoiler alert: time, takes time. I don't mean to be rude to mobile players or those who are frustrated, but patience pays dividends. I really do hope that sometime soon the update will come out.

Tom

Farmer

Fred Brooks, in 1975, stated it clearly : “adding people to a late software project makes it later”, and added that “Nine women can’t make a baby in one month”. (Brooks’ Law)

AtomsJosh

Planter
and he probably has to stop working on his other, new game (that will make him money) in order to give you an update (that won't make him any money). The guy's doing the best he can, okay. Cut him some slack.
SDV popularity is still going up 📈 so meaning he is still earning money on SDV Edit:
Screenshot_2021-12-20-12-08-07-007_com.android.vending.jpg

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
SDV popularity is still going up 📈 so meaning he is still earning money on SDV
Which is unrelated to his work on the mobile update.
Which is why it's frustrating when people continue to bring it up as an issue or a reason why mobile players shouldn't get it. Many other similar comments have been made.

For instance, first reply in this thread made it about the money:
You missed the entire point of my post if you think that's what I said.

My question to you would be, what are you looking for him to do about it, other than what is currently being done? 100% agreed that waiting isn't fun, and 100% agreed that I'd have gladly paid for the content released over time (both 1.5 and otherwise, everything from the coffee beans on down) in the form of an expansion pack if requested. I don't play on mobile so I won't pretend that it affects me but your frustration is heard, understood, and empathized with. That being said, what course of action are you looking to have occur to mitigate or alleviate your frustrations?

If you're just howling into the wind for the sake of doing so, that's fine, but then why the concerns with others pointing out that the only viable course of action is patience? If you're looking for something other than recognition that yeah, it's been a while, and yeah, there's nothing to be done about it, what is it that you're looking for?